So when exactly do you guys think the flagship will come??

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
So when do you guys the Lumia flagship will come, because Microsoft promised a flagship this summer, which is also when windows 10 will be rolling out, so it makes perfect sense for the phone or phones (hoping for a 940 and 940xl) to be announced during BUILD this month, and then released sometime in the summer which could be anywhere from 2-3 months from that to fit that summer promise..so I don't know why I keep seeing people around here in the forums talking about how they can't wait for windows 10 to be finished in the fall or how they think the flagship will come this fall, when Microsoft has clearly said the flagship is coming this summer, and windows 10 is rolling out this summer also (which means it would be finished by then).... so yeah I speculate and hope we get a glimpse of Lumia's high end future at BUILD this month:excited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
We MIGHT hear or see sth at BUILD, but there is no guarantee... For now all we know is that there is supposedly a 15xx coming

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm setting my own expectation of August through October at least in the U.S. on At&t for the 940XL with Surface Pen support. Microsoft make it happen.

I hope its sooner. They should try to beat the new iPhone to market but everything points to around that time.

What does everyone else think?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Announcing a new model is very different from it "coming". Especially for MS.
I'd be very surprised if I can walk into a store and buy any new Windows "flagship" phone this calendar year.

Last edited:

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope that it'll be June or early July. I really don't want to go through another summer without a PureView camera (ATIV S user here). An October / November release would be a bummer, 3 years after the wp8 launch devices (920, ATIV S, 8x).

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
What terrifies me is the thought of a 940 this summer, and then a 1030 a few months later. Same thing happened to me sitting on a 920, and I'm holding out for THE best.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
MS never promised a flagship this summer. They said they are still committed to offering a future flagship and that it would release with Windows 10, but I don't recall them saying summer. Just because the Win 10 PC OS comes out this summer does not mean the flagship will. Win 10 Mobile probably won't be ready at the same time and Daniel has been saying late fall, probably November so don't get your hopes up for any announcements at Build.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Prepare to be frustrated. In the U.S. at least I expect whatever device (singular) to be announced for a single carrier then actually released around november/december in small quantities at each store which will be hidden in the back room. More advanced countries in Europe will do slightly better with maybe 2-3 carriers carrying it. Canada, zilch. Calling it now. 😃

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What terrifies me is the thought of a 940 this summer, and then a 1030 a few months later. Same thing happened to me sitting on a 920, and I'm holding out for THE best.

It wouldn't surprise me if MS does not do a successor to the 1020 since they consider it a niche device. They will probably do a successor to the 920/930 and 1520 series. Perhaps as a 940 & 940 XL.

I also will not be surprised if Nokia returns to the phone market in 2016 with the true 1020 successor but running android! :devil:

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Prepare to be frustrated. In the U.S. at least I expect whatever device (singular) to be announced for a single carrier then actually released around november/december in small quantities at each store which will be hidden in the back room. More advanced countries in Europe will do slightly better with maybe 2-3 carriers carrying it. Canada, zilch. Calling it now. ��

Just noticed the quote in your signature. Classic! Game over man, game over! :grin:

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with my 930.

Partially because it stills says 'Nokia' on it.:evil:

Me too. Also a Lumia 930 user. In terms of usability, I am completely satisfied with 930. Not to mention the great camera. Being a little bit thicker than other flagships, people tend to recognize it as a non-flagship. I especially like the back of the phone (mine is Gold-White).

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ouch, November / December would be rough.

I'm definitely hoping they don't pull the same crap they did with the 920, 925, 1020. That was too much, I'm holding on to a 920 but would have liked to know that the 925 and 1020 were right around the corner.

I'm waiting for the 1520 successor, once that appears, I'm jumping on it.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Since we are looking at any time from August to December, I'm wondering if they will try to one-up apple and release just before, or just after Apple comes out with whatever is next for them... Doesn't apples new phone generally come out around the end of October?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Since we are looking at any time from August to December, I'm wondering if they will try to one-up apple and release just before, or just after Apple comes out with whatever is next for them... Doesn't apples new phone generally come out around the end of October?
I think they need to release it before Apple releases the next iPhone. Otherwise, it'll get little to no coverage in the media. We'll be the only people who notice it, but the average Joe or Jane who stops at the carrier store won't notice it, and the carrier store reps will just push the iPhone.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think Apple announce September, then release October. I have spent hours wondering whether it is better to released before or after Apple announce/release.

Part of me thinks that they would be better off beating Apple to market. I think if they are any later, then they will be slaughtered by the world and their dog clamouring fir fruit flavoured phones.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Problem is that if anyone shows a glimmer of interest in WP comparison with iPhone in that periodsales reps drones will just say "come back next month when the new iPhone is in stock". Customers will return with the mindset to have an iPhone, drone gets his commission, WP does not even get picked up for a demo.
being able to hold and use them side by side is where the sales may come.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon