Are you disappointed by the rumored MS flagship specs??

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Definitely agree. It feels like there is room for one more phone below these 940s. 1080p screen, quad core, maybe 4.7 to 5 inch screen...Lumia 935? That would probably be the sweet spot for me.

You're the thinking of the (incoming!) 840 with those specs. :) I'm hopeful it will have all of that.

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I personally think that they might diversify their series. Have lumias be entry level phones and then surface phone a la the samsung note with pen input

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you have denim on your 930? And if so how would you describe the battery life? Compared to the 1520..if you've had any of the 92x series phones (920,925.928), would you say it lasts longer than those?

Sorry, I meant I have both the 1020 and a 1520. I was referring to 41MP vs 20MP.

I do not have a 930, sorry.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you have denim on your 930? And if so how would you describe the battery life? Compared to the 1520..if you've had any of the 92x series phones (920,925.928), would you say it lasts longer than those?

if you allow me to answer that, battery life on the 930 with Denim is good. Also, about temperature, the phone is acceptably warm most of the time, no crazy heatings or power drains. Battery life is also better than the 925 i used to have. It's still not better than the 830 on both matters though, but i can say i'm satisfied with it.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
if you allow me to answer that, battery life on the 930 with Denim is good. Also, about temperature, the phone is acceptably warm most of the time, no crazy heatings or power drains. Battery life is also better than the 925 i used to have. It's still not better than the 830 on both matters though, but i can say i'm satisfied with it.

I can second this. Using the Icon/929

Also to answer the thread question, no I'm not disappointed at all. I'll hang onto this 929 for awhile but I really want to get something that will support continuum.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'd really like to see something new in a sub 4.5" model and preferably 4.0". But I fear these are done in the mid/high end arena.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see anything about windows hello that would require the use of intel chips. Microsoft has not stated this.

I think it's just because Intel is more or less the only company making a camera capable. But with Windows 10 launch, I would others would want to make cameras that support Windows Hello, and they would most likely be able to be integrated into non Intel chipsets.

Dragon Queen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Definitely agree. It feels like there is room for one more phone below these 940s. 1080p screen, quad core, maybe 4.7 to 5 inch screen...Lumia 935? That would probably be the sweet spot for me.
They would need to keep the wireless charging, and ois with a good camera. SD card slot would be nice to! That sounds like what I am looking for.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the only thing they should go crazy with is camera spec, fit the best you can in there, and storage. 128gb minimum. The awesome thing about WP is that is runs smooth on less than nuts hardware. No need for hardware that just eats batteries for no reason. The size, a 4.7ish and a 5.7ish inch screen would be great.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
The only complaint I have is the rumored front facing camera specs. 5mo for a high-end phone these days is ridiculously low. Even many midend devices from popular manufactures have an 8mp front shooter. Quality selfies is important to the relevant crowds. It's also very important to me, I have an icon and the front facing camera sucks, so I believe Microsoft needs to get it right this time and keep all the specs highend instead of just some of them. Even the fact that they are putting 3 gigs of ram instead of 4 is a downer. Why? Not because we need 4 gigs... We don't lol, but because other bighead competitors have 4gigs, so to the consumer they are going to say why should I get this phone with less ram and a crappier front facing camera when I can get this better specd phone. And seriously that is how consumers think, so it important to address in high end devices. Obviously the iPhone doesn't count here, people buy the iPhone regardless of it's specs lol. Give me a better front facing camera and then I'll be happy with the new flagships.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss