Waiting for new flagship announcement

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Seriously Microsoft should just announce or introduce the next two flagships between June and July. The suspense is killing me and Microsoft takes soooooooo long to launch devices in the US (See Lumia 735, 640 and 640XL as most recent cases) They can introduce the phones early and have them ready at launch for real and not "coming soon." Also every flagship launch to date outside of HTC has been carrier exclusive. I need to know early if I should wait out for a Windows Phone flagship or continue on with something else. (I'm using the Sony Xperia Z3 at the moment) But after poor support and missed release dates of updates it's either an iPhone or whatever Microsoft releases. Apple as the safe choice, great camera software and guaranteed updates with little carrier interference and Windows Phone because it is my most loved OS and I believe in what Microsoft is doing. But at the same time Microsoft has to improve on actually launching a device which is why I think an early announcement with a hard/guaranteed launch date of several months later is best. People will know exactly what they're getting and when they're getting it without the pressure of Microsoft having to struggle to get the resources and marketing out there for a successful launch. I'm tired of "coming soon " and tired of only for ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Last edited:

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't you just hate clicking on a thread title that promises news but turns out to be a rant! Be more thoughtful, buddy.

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
yes, they announced the 640 in early March and we are just starting it get released.

They need to announce the flagship in July or August just to make sure they can release in the Fall.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
yes, they announced the 640 in early March and we are just starting it get released.

They need to announce the flagship in July or August just to make sure they can release in the Fall.
Yeah early March during MWC when they announced the 640 and 640XL and not one of those devices are currently available while the HTC One M9 and Samsung Galaxy S6 were announced during the same time and have already seen healthy sales (more so the S6 than the M9). How is it that we don't even have a specific launch date and price yet? That's why I think they should announce the flagships early and give a promised albeit lengthy launch date with pricing. Or if they do choose to wait I hope they deliver on making the devices available in a really quick time. I'm talking a month at the longest. Announce and launch.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I noticed your face/palm while waiting, good plan. Would you like some music while you wait? It's going to be a long one.

Maybe I can find you a nice dead horse to beat! :winktongue:

PS: I'm just giving you crap as a joke, don't take it too seriously.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol no its cool. I'm actually trying not to upgrade yet again to pass the time while I wait. I really want to get my hands on the LG G4 though. I'm trying hard to resist.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Lol no its cool. I'm actually trying not to upgrade yet again to pass the time while I wait. I really want to get my hands on the LG G4 though. I'm trying hard to resist.

I could have got my hands on a bunch of those new for $125 each back when radio shacks were closing here. Sucks being poor and missing these opportunities.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If LG released windows version of the G3 or G4 I'd be all over it. I use an LG G2 for work and love the form factor and rear keys..

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes and yes especially if it still had the same manual mode capabilities as the Android counterpart. That would be a beast of a phone. Actually I wouldn't mind a version of the Galaxy S6 for Windows later this year either.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo