Waiting for new flagship announcement

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
A follow up question for you guys. Would you be disappointed if Microsoft's latest flagship turns out to use the very same processors and technologies available in current competitor flagships like the LG G4, GS6, and HTC One M9? Would you feel cheated out of having a phone that you wanted now just because the software wasn't ready or do you think the hardware has to be released along with the new software for marketing purposes?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
A follow up question for you guys. Would you be disappointed if Microsoft's latest flagship turns out to use the very same processors and technologies available in current competitor flagships like the LG G4, GS6, and HTC One M9? Would you feel cheated out of having a phone that you wanted now just because the software wasn't ready or do you think the hardware has to be released along with the new software for marketing purposes?

My primary disappointment over the last ~18 months has been the extreme overuse of the SD400 SoC.

The single most disappointing news would be to see ANY of the phones above the 640/XL (this includes both the 740/XL and 840/XL) use a SD 4xx.

Beyond that, (and more to your question), no. I like windows phone because I enjoy the UI and the generally excellent cameras they include. I wouldn't feel "cheated" at all if they end up going SD 615/620 in their midrange or the 808/810 in their 940/XL.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Beyond that, (and more to your question), no. I like windows phone because I enjoy the UI and the generally excellent cameras they include. I wouldn't feel "cheated" at all if they end up going SD 615/620 in their midrange or the 808/810 in their 940/XL.

But that's my point. If Microsoft is just going to release the next flagship with technology we are already aware of why wait for people to continue to go elsewhere for flagship needs. The new flagship won't launch until after the iPhone 6S/6S Plus and millions of fan boys and misinformed people will flock to it "just because it's new." I think Microsoft could've done better trying to push an intriguing alternative (and beyond Apple's reputation and marketing it's not that hard) with features that people really care about like an excellent camera(which is already the case anyway), and hardware with options like removable battery and expandable memory (both of which the iPhone will not have) and of course one other knock out feature. I just feel like the waiting will turn out to be a disappointment if they end up releasing a flagship and they don't offer anything new. A part of this is really just my wanting to know what the beast can do/impatience. 😀

Selfdestructo Bust

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If someone at Microsoft reads this: Please, announce a new flagship phone already! Something to really compete with iPhones and Galaxies. Something in the same vein of the Surface. I need to change my Lumia 820!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs