Would Microsoft be making a huge mistake using SD 810 over waiting for 820

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
We keep hearing fall release for these phones, and we have all heard the problems with the 810 chip. The 820 chip is supposed to be out in phones before 2016. Do you think Microsoft would be better off waiting (as it may only be a month at that point) to prevent a potentially devastating problem?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, they can't just decide one day to just rip out the chipset and replace it with another. It's all but set in stone without throwing out a lot of the work done.

I kinda think that whatever issues the chip has can be mitigated probably.

Big problem is also, people don't want to continue waiting.

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree with that statement, however it makes no sense to me as to why they would plan to use the 810 if it is a fall release when other companies (LG) are planning to use the 820 in their fall devices. They had to have seen it coming. I think Windows 10 Mobile will maintain the title of "most efficient OS on the market", however people have had issues with 810 phones in a number of basic tasks such as filming (camera is a HUGE part of Microsoft phones).

I agree that people don't want to keep waiting, but this is do or die time for Microsoft. As much as us loyal fans want to stand by this with all our strength, they need to gain market share and if the phones have big issues, which turns off the general public, then Microsoft is in for a long ride. If it meant an extra month then, at this point, I don't think it is hurting anything to get it 100% right.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Remember, they can't just decide one day to just rip out the chipset and replace it with another. It's all but set in stone without throwing out a lot of the work done.

I kinda think that whatever issues the chip has can be mitigated probably.

Big problem is also, people don't want to continue waiting.

Yes, they can't, but after realizing, that 810 is a defective chipset, they have no option but to change from 810 to 820.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
As long as it's not the first 810, i'm fine with it. But, given the wait, i'd probably still buy it knowing it's defective at birth.

xenoglyph

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Even if it is version 2.1 I'll probably still avoid it.

Got 920 and 1520 at launch, I'll probably give up on WP if the rumors are true and they stick with 810. WP API is still too locked down for my taste as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes