It just came to me. These names are growing on me. They sound great.

Gone should the numbers be. These names have a soul and could start a series like iphone and galaxy.

With numbers you can never achieve these high levels of success because numbers don't grow mindshare easily.

Also they make zero sense with the smaller lineup now.

Cityman is the best out of these two names though. Hence, it is the most powerful device of the two.

I would be seriously disappointed if Microsoft continues to use stupid nokia numbers. Nokia died for a reason. No other OEM does marketing with numbers. Lumia 950 wtf? What does that tell to the average girl/dude out there? They have no grasp of gravity for these numbers.
    princeegli likes this.
    07-26-2015 07:57 PM
    I don't think so. Talkman sounds like what we used to use in the 90s don't know id you're old enough but I had my walkie-talkie this generation doesn't know what that is. Cityman may sound good for a business device aka the mid range devices.
    07-26-2015 08:14 PM
    I agree the numbers should go, but I dont think they should call them Cityman or Talkman either...

I think the following are some good names:

Lumia One & Lumia One Pro (or XL) (future versions would be called Lumia 2/Lumia 2 Pro, then Lumia 3/Lumia 3 Pro, etch)

Surface Phone & Surface Phone Pro (or XL)

These seriously are the only two naming schemes I think are perfect... They're as simple as you can get

Lumia One, then 2, then 3 is as simple as branding with the word Lumia can get

And Surface Phone, then Surface Phone 2, and so for this the same way
    TycoonJ likes this.
    07-26-2015 08:18 PM
    The names Cityman and talkman don't really scream marketable.
    "I got the new Cityman"
    LMAO

I'd like to see a marketable name personally.
    07-27-2015 01:18 AM
    Besides, Sony might sue us. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-27-2015 01:36 AM
    Besides, Sony might sue us.
    You're right. "Talkman" isn't that different from "Walkman".
    Tsang Fai likes this.
    07-27-2015 02:03 AM
    You're right. "Talkman" isn't that different from "Walkman".
    Perhaps this is Microsoft's intention to use a name similar to "Walkman", which is extremely popular in the early 80's.

But "Talkman" gives people the impression that the phone is mainly for "talk", which is not the case nowadays. "Cityman" sounds alright though.

I hope these are just internal names...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-27-2015 02:29 AM
    Perhaps this is Microsoft's intention to use a name similar to "Walkman", which is extremely popular in the early 80's.

But "Talkman" gives people the impression that the phone is mainly for "talk", which is not the case nowadays. "Cityman" sounds alright though.

I agree with you that Microsoft needs names that are cutting edge, not dated names that evoke the 80s.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-27-2015 02:33 AM
    I agree these names are not perfect. It would actually be better if they pick other good names.

But the numbers must go away.
    07-27-2015 06:24 AM

But that's feminism, what about women (jk)
    07-27-2015 07:50 AM
    Has anyone taken a look at the list of model names for the Samsung Galaxy handsets recently?

Calling phones by names is just plain confusing. Now that we're getting just three tiers of Lumia handsets, things couldn't be simpler to understand.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-27-2015 08:30 AM