09-18-2015 06:53 AM
37 12
tools
    It seems to me that 1440p is overkill for phones, unless M$ has another plans like phablet or Surface Pro hybrid. Even gaming PC struggles to keep up @1440p and setting game preset to ultra. A 5" screen and FHD res. is a perfect combo, since phones are meant to be portable. Maybe MS could come up with fancy name called "TrueEye Screen". Sorry for posting completely different matter.
    08-06-2015 12:23 PM
    Hopefully the next Windows Phones flagships are coming this November.
    I think it would be great if the 950 XL had a surprise feature inside it. More specifically, an active stylus. No manufacturer actually competes with Samsung and releases a large-screened, high-end smartphone with active stylus technology and optimized software. It would be awesome if Microsoft was the first, and just another reason to buy the 950 XL. I highly doubt it'll happen, but we can hope.
    08-06-2015 04:14 PM
    It seems to me that 1440p is overkill for phones,
    Absolutely. At least for phones smaller than 9" LoL
    08-06-2015 06:42 PM
    Actually, I don't necessarily agree.
    I definitely think smartphone manufacturers and software developers should've mastered battery life with FHD screens before moving on to QHD screens, but we don't live in a perfect world.
    Although QHD doesn't bring any noticeable improvements to the table on smaller screens, it still keeps people happy. It's more consistent than FHD. QHD is pin sharp no matter what device you're using (unless you have a built in Tartarus in your pocket and use your television as your cellphone) while on the largest phones FHD has to start to stretch to encompass it all. Going any farther than QHD is ridiculous, and we definitely hit QHD too soon, but I think that if we had waited a few years QHD would've been perfect.
    08-06-2015 11:22 PM
    Actually, I don't necessarily agree.
    I definitely think smartphone manufacturers and software developers should've mastered battery life with FHD screens before moving on to QHD screens, but we don't live in a perfect world.
    Although QHD doesn't bring any noticeable improvements to the table on smaller screens, it still keeps people happy. It's more consistent than FHD. QHD is pin sharp no matter what device you're using (unless you have a built in Tartarus in your pocket and use your television as your cellphone) while on the largest phones FHD has to start to stretch to encompass it all. Going any farther than QHD is ridiculous, and we definitely hit QHD too soon, but I think that if we had waited a few years QHD would've been perfect.
    How about this, Rendering graphics at 1440p then downscaling it to 1080p kind of AMD's VSR technique.
    08-07-2015 01:54 AM
    How about this, Rendering graphics at 1440p then downscaling it to 1080p kind of AMD's VSR technique.
    I'm not sure that would do much good other than help FHD screens a little more.
    That's one good thing QHD did for us. FHD screens are much cheaper now.
    08-07-2015 07:19 AM
    My Talkman only has FHD display. I hope is just because it's a prototype, but from all I heard so far, that would also be the final spec when it launches. Probably a lot of people will be dissapointed by this.
    09-03-2015 02:57 AM
    My Talkman only has FHD display.
    Great news. The QHD screen was about the only think I didn't like about the phone.
    09-03-2015 05:32 AM
    Great news. The QHD screen was about the only think I didn't like about the phone.
    I am not bothered by this either. The screen quality is still great and so is the battery life. It makes sense on the larger version, but for 5.2 I think FHD is more than enough.
    09-03-2015 07:12 AM
    Correction: the display is 1440x2560, it was "unlocked" after a software update, just like the displayed RAM (was 2GB, now it shows 3GB, as leaked).
    09-16-2015 05:08 AM
    Correction: the display is 1440x2560, it was "unlocked" after a software update, just like the displayed RAM (was 2GB, now it shows 3GB, as leaked).
    Makes no sense. You might be able to disable or enable some of the memory but digital displays are what they are. You can't change their resolution. Now you could send FHD to the chip and let it upscale it to QHD but it would look like total crap and NOBODY (even you) could fail to notice that. So I call BS on your whole story. You can't salvage it by piling more BS on top of the original when it gets exposed.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:19 AM
    Makes no sense. You might be able to disable or enable some of the memory but digital displays are what they are. You can't change their resolution. Now you could send FHD to the chip and let it upscale it to QHD but it would look like total crap and NOBODY (even you) could fail to notice that. So I call BS on your whole story. You can't salvage it by piling more BS on top of the original when it gets exposed.
    Call BS if you like, I don't give a MS (that's man****). Before software update it showed "Screen resolution: 1080x1920", now it shows "1440x2560". If that's not unlock by software, I don't know what to call it. But I know what to call you...
    09-18-2015 06:53 AM
37 12