10-12-2015 01:12 PM
216 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Specs wise they are beasts.. But they made ugly phones.. I liked the 950 a bit but not good as compared to 930 Look at the android flagships for eg one m9, s6edge or an iphone.. Do u think any android/ios user would switch to WP for such bad looking plastic flagship device? I think no
    Those u mention, how good the functionality?
    08-28-2015 12:15 PM
    Honestly the only issue with appearance is that shade of blue. Not my favorite blue. I would go with a silvery powder blue or the cyan. Maybe the leaked photos with that continuum dongle suggests its brighter than the renders?
    08-28-2015 01:15 PM
    ALL I want is a phone that doesn't require a case. Then we will talk about Looks.

I don't know how people keep buying phones that are not practical without a case.
    libra89 and Nogitsune Micah like this.
    08-28-2015 04:03 PM
    Poll ? What do you think of Cityman and Talkman Windows Phone leaks and renders? | Windows Central
    I was excited about the 950, but when the press renders came out, I noticed it still has capacitive buttons. That makes me less excited.

Its not that I don't like capacitive buttons... I have owned many phones both with and without. It's that I absolutely despise the trend toward massive phones with jumbotron screens that I cannot carry or use comfortably. Since the leaks indicate the 950 would have a 5.5" screen, doing away with capacitive buttons would have kept it about the same size as my Icon while allowing the bigger screen. But if it retains capacitive buttons, the phone just grows bigger.

I know those of us who like smaller phones are a rarity, but you would at least think it would warrant a single smaller device without dropping down to the cheap level. How about a 950 XS, 950, 950 XL? Maybe with a 4.7" or 5" screen.

If I have to go with a bigger phone on my next purchase, I will just sit back and see if MS actually builds a Surface phone. At least then I can say "Hey, I can't comfortably hold this phone, it won't fit in my pocket at all... but at least it will run full blown desktop programs.
    Please review the photos, they are soft buttons not capacitive, this also addresses other's concerns for bezel sizes.

Link to photos Poll ? What do you think of Cityman and Talkman Windows Phone leaks and renders? | Windows Central
    08-28-2015 05:38 PM
    Seriously, if I was prejudging the lumia 730 only by renders and pictures, then I would never bought it because it doesn't resemble in any way the feeling holding it in hand and using it..!
    Take also into consideration that 950 (or whatever they'll call it) sports a 5.2 inch OLED display with an obsered ppi count that will be, no doubt, a showstopper to look at. Now combine the display with the specs which are top notch (even by Android standards) and you have a winner!

The only area that worries me is the pricing on launch day, they have to avoid falling in the same path like they did with the 730 and 830 one year ago..
    Although both devices were very good offerings, their lauch prices were very hard to justify..
    The 730 launched for 330 euro and the 830 for over 400 euro and the reaction from potential buyers (like myself) was pretty bad.
    Those devices only got traction after a couple of moths where their price dropped to somewhat reasonable levels.
    Namely the 730, two months after initial release droped to 250 euro and the 830 in the 300 euro range (well at least in Greece)

They HAVE TO price them right from the get-go (just like they did with the 640!)
    If they ask, for example, 700 euros for the 950 and 800+ euros for the 950xl then they lost the flagship game immediately, because iPhone6s will be launched in the next month or so and frankly, the majority of people (counting in many WP users) will prefer it..

But in the end, let's just wait and see what it is like and what it has to offer, and then we talk about if it is a good device or not!
    Good example. The pricing at launch for the 830 was really, REALLY bad. Now, the 950/950xl being flagship devices, I'm concerned they'll price them similar to launch prices for the iPhone 6 (for the 950) and 6S (for the 950xl), as well as high-end Android devices. I really hope they don't and that instead they promote them by offering them at a more competitive price.

I'm a big fan of Windows and Windows Phone, but being realistic, I believe they can't compete head to head at the same price point in the US yet.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-28-2015 08:59 PM
    Oh God, the Lumia 950/950 XL sucks....
    Sums it up. Given I'm already pretty disappointed in the OS I doubt I'll continue on with Windows, considering OnePlus Two. I could say 12 months down the track maybe the 960 will do it for me but really don't expect the product line to survive that long.
    08-29-2015 12:39 AM
    I'm more concerned about the buggy software than the hardware..
    08-29-2015 02:02 AM
    Pretty sure they'll be doing whatever they can to eliminate the bugs, from the software point of view I'm more worried about the changes ruining the OS I've found great to use.
    08-29-2015 02:59 AM
    Specs wise they are beasts.. But they made ugly phones.. I liked the 950 a bit but not good as compared to 930 Look at the android flagships for eg one m9, s6edge or an iphone.. Do u think any android/ios user would switch to WP for such bad looking plastic flagship device? I think no
    yup. Some Android users just care about specs and like that is polycarbonate which means it's durable. But I don't think any iOS used will switch.
    08-29-2015 04:02 AM
    yup. Some Android users just care about specs.
    The next round of Android phones are likely to have higher spec'd processors and more RAM since it seemingly takes more grunt to keep Android running. No one cares about higher spec'd camera since Nokia's have always had them.. Screen sizes who knows but it seems the main players are all going for +5" screens.
    08-29-2015 04:07 AM
    The next round of Android phones are likely to have higher spec'd processors and more RAM since it seemingly takes more grunt to keep Android running. No one cares about higher spec'd camera since Nokia's have always had them.. Screen sizes who knows but it seems the main players are all going for +5" screens.
    I still want those specs for Windows, it's not about the systems, it's about Apps & Games
    08-29-2015 06:12 AM
    08-29-2015 06:54 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vABroHn.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	111218
    You couldn't be more right
    Joshwin likes this.
    08-29-2015 11:34 AM
    And they aren't coming till next year
    08-29-2015 11:35 AM

Just get one of these if you like that look so much lol

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails 73997.jpg   73996.jpg   73994.jpg  
    08-29-2015 11:46 AM
    Just get one of these if you like that look so much lol

I love to have this but is it Windows phone? No. so shut up about it.
    08-29-2015 01:38 PM
    I love to have this but is it Windows phone? No. so shut up about it.
    No its not windows phone,, but its what your asking for and it already available, so go get it and shut up about it already.

08-29-2015 04:49 PM

The sad part is that "what we wanted" looks just like the leaked BlackBerry Slider running Android.

That is a sexy phone. Not sure I'd ever use a physical keyboard anymore, but damn its nice.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/29/92...-leaked-photos

08-29-2015 05:14 PM

I remember seeing that concept for the first time. I was amazed. It simply looks stuning, great,professional, atractive. I bet some manufacturer will eventualy copy it at some point.

It's worth noting that whille MSFT is abandoning original Lumia design with sharp corners, there is new company staryed by some former Apple worker, which is just launching smartphone which design is almost like Lumia 735, just a bit tuned up, and people are clearly liking it.

Edit: http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uplo...one_SF1_01.jpg

It's also worth noting that Nokia had metal body, premium designed phone, with sharp corners and small bezels. Well, that was McLaren, canceled by MSFT. It could have been launched without 3D touch, but clearly MSFT isn't going into "fashion" direction, so no need to blame Nokia...

Also, it's happend a lot of times with WPs, that what is disliked at first, is loved after. People hated hamburgers, now I see them asking for them back, wanted hubs but now appreciate that everything is app in store, and so on...

Personally, phones doesn't look premium for me, ok bigger one (cityman) clearly better looking. Talknan looks like some old android Lg... They aren't ugly , but aren't 700$ pretty.
    I won't buy them for sure, but I hope they'll be priced well, they need to be inexpensive so could compete with M9, OnePlus Two, G4, etc. My opinion is they'll fail as iPhone competitor and shouldn't try like that.

Soo, let's what will happen...
    08-29-2015 05:45 PM
    Microsoft sucks in design
    08-29-2015 05:59 PM
    Microsoft sucks in design
    Microsoft did not design these phones. It was NOKIA.
    08-29-2015 06:07 PM
    Isn't the glossy Lumia 640 similar to the iphone 5c?
    No, my matte black 640 looks great. I use the white back for formal occasions.
    08-29-2015 06:09 PM
    Isn't the glossy Lumia 640 similar to the iphone 5c?
    Isn't the iPhone 5c similar to the Lumia 620 ;)
    08-29-2015 06:14 PM
    The phones look perfectly fine in real life to me. Not sure why people are so butthurt.
    lumia-950-front_kcbiuw.jpg

microsoft-lumia-950-xl-photo-leaked.jpg

microsoft-lumia-cityman-950-940-xl-i-talkman-950-940-02.jpg
    libra89, Musicman247 and Slovenix like this.
    08-29-2015 06:59 PM
    Microsoft did not design these phones. It was NOKIA.
    Microsoft completed acquisition of Nokia 16 months ago and would have heavily influenced decision making of everything Lumia before that time. Even if they didn't given the importance of the combined Windows 10 platform if it didn't fit the look they wanted they would have started over.

Simply put if it has "Microsoft" stamped on it then Microsoft gave thumbs up for the design.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    08-29-2015 08:56 PM
216 ... 23456 ...