The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-12-2015 01:12 PM
216 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I quite like it.
    About Samsung, only EDGE series look premium to me that too cus of edge screen .
    08-29-2015 09:11 PM
    The phones look perfectly fine in real life to me. Not sure why people are so butthurt.
    Attachment 111271

Attachment 111272

Attachment 111270
    The middle one is fine, its like an updated 1520, but the renders aren't shaped like that. They both have rounded corners like the other two which look much less attractive, IMO.

You really can't tell how those renders look like a 640?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    08-29-2015 09:36 PM
    The middle one is fine, its like an updated 1520, but the renders aren't shaped like that. They both have rounded corners like the other two which look much less attractive, IMO.

You really can't tell how those renders look like a 640?

Guess you weren't around when that pic was originally leaked. That middle one is in a case that is meant to mask its shape. It has round corners, as you can see if you look closely.
    08-29-2015 09:42 PM
    It's in some type of case which may also cover the camera hanging out the rear, you can still see the phones own corners. If it took that form without the case I'd be more inclined.

Also to much wasted space at the bottom, no physical buttons I don't want empty space.
    08-29-2015 09:43 PM
    Did anybody mentioned that the photo with the dock has the default snapshot of the startscreen of an old advertisement? Does this indicate that the whole image is fake or maybe somebody opened the image in the photo app to make the phone looks nice with the busy start screen?
    Singhb likes this.
    08-29-2015 09:46 PM
    Isn't the iPhone 5c similar to the Lumia 620 ;)
    Shots fired lol :P
    No, my matte black 640 looks great. I use the white back for formal occasions.
    I said glossy, not Matte ;)

The glossy Lumia 640 reminds me of a bigger iPhone 5c.
    08-30-2015 12:42 AM
    Microsoft sucks in design
    The Surface tells a different story, as the final design looks great.

But i really hated the design process of the Surface, where Microsoft pulled a big hardware testing initiative during the past 3 years, screwing everyone who ever bought a surface before version 3. like my self.

I seriously cant believe they approved the first hinge and the first charger. they fail measurably on sooo many levels.
    08-30-2015 02:51 AM
    I was reallly unfavorable of the design once I saw evleak's leaked renders. Now, as I see it, if these are the real deal, I might go buy one of these because they are bland (for my taste), which is an advantage. Living in a country populated with people who would rob you your highly priced phone due to their premium design made me realize that "Hey, having a simple looking phone with beast specs are good as well", since these phones have a lower chance of being robbed and lower chance of me crying like a baby for a robbed 600$ (I guess) phone.
    So you are using the "nobody will want to rob me because my phone looks basic" argument?lol Man, you really took it far with that comment. But that speaks to the uninspiring and undesirableness(is that a word?lol) of the phone. Imagine that for an ad. Buy our flagship cause no one will rob you for it.lmbo

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 08:38 AM
    So you are using the "nobody will want to rob me because my phone looks basic" argument?lol Man, you really took it far with that comment. But that speaks to the uninspiring and undesirableness(is that a word?lol) of the phone. Imagine that for an ad. Buy our flagship cause no one will rob you for it.lmbo

Ya. Hahaha I'll be waiting for that ad.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:49 AM
    Lmbo I would be laughing for real. But I think they will look fine in reality. Basic, not expensive looking but just fine. I just wanna see that camera and I hope they increase the shutter speed time since LG can go up to 30 seconds now and even the Note 5 has a minimum shutter speed of 10 seconds. And also I would like live view of the affects of the ISO, shutter speed and manual color temperature settings.

08-30-2015 08:55 AM
    I dont care... I dont buy things to look premium or to give me a status... Whether it is clothes, computer , car, bike, or any other thing people use to class themselves with. I buy what I want/need based on usage of the tool. Damnit, I make the object shine.

I just need another top notch windowsphone. My only hesitation of the next flagships is the idea of an Intel surface phone... Would I really need that,?! No.. Would it be cool to now dock my phone at the office instead of my surface pro 3? Sho nuff!!! Would it replace my surface, probably not, but the ideas of my real "PC" personal computer in my pocket when I need it is what got mw started with windows mobile 5... Or the pocket pc many yeas ago.

Screw google... I used to like them,but they way they play is not cool. They way they treated windows phone users who also uses their services stinks. I will go back to apple if I ever decide to move, but still a locked ecosystem. I chose Microsoft, not just to be different... But because I liked where they were going and I can use my Microsoft services just about anywhere... I just a bulk of Microsoft services, yet, I am not locked in... Like a dog on a chain verses one without... I am not chained to the phone, yet I stay because I am happy and treated well.

Every year a new phone, but in the end they do the same basic things... Most of you are so caught up on marketing and fitting in... The same company has you loving something when they release it, then have you dogging it when they say it out of style, yet you are doing the same damn things you have been for years...

To each their own... We all will buy what we want for our own personal reasons which are nut to argue about... I dont see anything wrong with the phones. I have not found one phone that screamed premium... What is premium... I dont ness a phone I have to baby... I love the removable poly back over metal any day... No dents, easy to replace.

All these lifeless people sitting back staring at a phone screen like it life's necessity, air. Is it really that big of a deal for the next object you sent a text with?

As far as is, pick your poison. Microsoft needs to look more standard, which you all see as more android/ios. I am not a fan of stack of icons, but everything else is ok. Glad to see ms trying... But I n the end... I have been happy with my tilt 2, focus 1, 900, 920, 1520, 635, 640... Along with the iPhones and Android devices I have had.
    08-30-2015 09:02 AM
    To the point and so true Jaime. I like the look of my 930 but I bought it to replace my failing 920. A 950 will likely be an unnecessary expense to me initially but when prices come down as they always do ill be on board for one. I think they look ok. A few colours would be nice though but that might come later if they do well enough and production warrants it.
    libra89 and jaimeastin like this.
    08-30-2015 09:20 AM
    Microsoft sucks in design
    We have just found all three of them in a latest leak.

l950-desing.jpg
    08-30-2015 01:14 PM
    Guess you weren't around when that pic was originally leaked. That middle one is in a case that is meant to mask its shape. It has round corners, as you can see if you look closely.
    Then I don't understand his point at all, it why he included that one. They are not flagship looking devices, based on those pics/renders.

08-30-2015 03:37 PM
    Ya'll can pizz and moan over the azz-ugly 950's but they ain't gonna change. They is what they is. Granted, the MS designers have no Jony Ive and they all have probably been kept in the basement too long but I'm just not convinced the 950's are what MS means by "flagship". (Holy Christ I pray not).

Last hope for me is the Surface Phone aka "Juggernaut".
    08-30-2015 05:51 PM
    Looking the S6 EDGE+ Lumia design looks garage.

Maybe Samsung will do one.

galaxy-s6-edge-_gold-platinum.jpg
    08-30-2015 08:24 PM
    Then I don't understand his point at all, it why he included that one. They are not flagship looking devices, based on those pics/renders.

They do to me. It looks like most flagship phones. You think a Galaxy Note 5 looks more premium because it has a single button and cheesy chrome trim?

08-30-2015 08:37 PM
    They do to me. It looks like most flagship phones. You think a Galaxy Note 5 looks more premium because it has a single button and cheesy chrome trim?

As a matter of fact yes it does. If you played with the phone in hand, it looks and feels premium for sure. It looks like they thought about what it looks like. It definitely doesn't look boring.

08-30-2015 10:11 PM
    As a matter of fact yes it does. If you played with the phone in hand, it looks and feels premium for sure. It looks like they thought about what it looks like. It definitely doesn't look boring.

The Galaxy Note 5 is incredibly boring looking.

08-30-2015 10:41 PM
    I take 950/950XL design over any phone hehehe.
    08-31-2015 02:10 AM

You know what you're right. It's boring to you and that's all that matters. If you think curves and glass and metal look boring while a single piece of polycarbonate looks great then that's you.Personally the Note 5 looks very high end to me and millions of other people think the same. We're all right in the end as there's no universal correct answer to what makes something look beautiful to one person or the next. 👍

Last edited by RaRa85; 08-31-2015 at 06:02 AM.
    08-31-2015 05:21 AM
    I think one of the factors that should be taken into account is how other, non-WP fanboy sites are looking at these. So far they seem to think they look great.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2015 05:40 AM

not for me
    Attached Thumbnails 30-630.1945250030.jpg  
    RaRa85 likes this.
    08-31-2015 06:32 AM
    I think one of the factors that should be taken into account is how other, non-WP fanboy sites are looking at these. So far they seem to think they look great.
    I think great may be stretching it a little and if you read the comments from those same non WP fancy sites(people that actually own the iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S6, etc.) they're pretty much getting a great laugh at the latest render. I think the biggest thing here for me is the time that they had to think the design through for a flagship. A flagship is supposed to distinguish itself from budget and entry level phones. Based on the leaks(the one where it's laying on the floor) it looks just like the 640/640XL. I don't see how they scrapped the McLaren but couldn't use the same form factor without the gimmicky 3d touch screen. These flagships are basically a single piece of polycarbonate with some buttons on the side. How hard is it to come up with that especially when we've already seen it before? It's not even new. It's like Ford took a Focus and stuffed the muscle and speed of a Mustang and called it their new sports car with the same Focus exterior.

08-31-2015 06:38 AM
    The Surface tells a different story, as the final design looks great.

But i really hated the design process of the Surface, where Microsoft pulled a big hardware testing initiative during the past 3 years, screwing everyone who ever bought a surface before version 3. like my self.

I seriously cant believe they approved the first hinge and the first charger. they fail measurably on sooo many levels.
    Agree, a high school student could do something better than the magnetic connector on a Surface Pro1.

They knew what they had to do. They just had to do something that was at par with the Macbook connector and something you could connect in darkness or with bad eyes.

A close copy (without breaking any patents) would have been good enough. No need to invent a new wheel.
    The connector on SP3 is "OK" but still not as good as the Macbook connector.
    taymur likes this.
    08-31-2015 09:17 AM
216 ... 34567 ...