Oh God, the Lumia 950/950 XL sucks....Except wait....

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
IOS 9 just came out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing iOS has is apps. You can't even hide your apps. They're all there on your home screen. Apps and folders. That is the length of the OS. The only thing you can actually change is the wallpaper. It's so boring. Great apps and ecosystem. Boring UI.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My general rule for cases on phones: if it's a budget phone, I throw a case on it since I don't care how it looks. If it's a flagship or premium looking device I go without the case to show it off. You just don't hide great design.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The only thing iOS has is apps. You can't even hide your apps. They're all there on your home screen. Apps and folders. That is the length of the OS. The only thing you can actually change is the wallpaper. It's so boring. Great apps and ecosystem. Boring UI.

Dude come on now! Like what I said I was a windowsphone user since 2010 I know what windowsphone is I know what it does and what it does! WINDOWS PHONE 10 looks good and sounds good but until it comes out
Good bye for now WINDOWS PHONE!!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Dude come on now! Like what I said I was a windowsphone user since 2010 I know what windowsphone is I know what it does and what it does! WINDOWS PHONE 10 looks good and sounds good but until it comes out
Good bye for now WINDOWS PHONE!!

Cool see you soon then. I'm not an Apple hater btw. I actually like the new iPhones.

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Cool see you soon then. I'm not an Apple hater btw. I actually like the new iPhones.

I got an iPhone cuz I didn't have any choice bro, my 1520 fell off the car and freaking insurance discontinue the damn thang, getting a 640xl is a downgrade for me.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I got an iPhone cuz I didn't have any choice bro, my 1520 fell off the car and freaking insurance discontinue the damn thang, getting a 640xl is a downgrade for me.

Ok I understand then. I imagine you got the 64gb cause that 16gb is a joke. If T-Mobile somehow does not get either of the two flagships announced I too will be headed over to Apple for the time being. A very functional, large ecosystem, boring UI existence. I hope Microsoft and T-Mobile were able to work something out.

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I understand then. I imagine you got the 64gb cause that 16gb is a joke. If T-Mobile somehow does not get either of the two flagships announced I too will be headed over to Apple for the time being. A very functional, large ecosystem, boring UI existence. I hope Microsoft and T-Mobile were able to work something out.

But the 1520 has a expandable memory card so it was AOK which I never use at all. Yup ur right VERY LARGE ECO SYSTEM keep in mind I never use apple before this is my first time with this devices so imagine my SHOCKED because I was missing a lot with windowsphone even without live tiles on iPhone, the notifications are very accurate very on time it's really good,the apps are really good too, with the recent ios9 update made it even better, all I can say right now is that there's no way I'm going back to windowsphone w10 looks nice but if it doesn't have app support it won't fly.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
But the 1520 has a expandable memory card so it was AOK which I never use at all. Yup ur right VERY LARGE ECO SYSTEM keep in mind I never use apple before this is my first time with this devices so imagine my SHOCKED because I was missing a lot with windowsphone even without live tiles on iPhone, the notifications are very accurate very on time it's really good,the apps are really good too, with the recent ios9 update made it even better, all I can say right now is that there's no way I'm going back to windowsphone w10 looks nice but if it doesn't have app support it won't fly.

Yeah it is tough to go back to Windows Phone. I'm using the Sony Xperia Z3 right now since they cancelled the McLaren last year. I had the Lumia 1020 before this. Android is very customizable and different. Of course I love the apps too. For me personally, I am only missing probably a total close to 30 apps that I really would want to come to Windows Phone. One being the ePSXe PlayStation emulator app. Right now I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII with my PS3 controller paired to my phone and it is the full gaming experience on the go. There are options to change discs and the game restores from wherever you are even after closing the app. I have over 20 hours of game play and the app only bugged one time. I really want to give Microsoft one last shot to make some significant progress with their vision. But like I said, T-Mobile must get at least one of the new flagships or they can forget about it until they do. Actually I probably won't upgrade my phone until I finish Final Fantasy VIII first if none of them come to my carrier. And then I'll get a 64gb iPhone 6S Plus for the better battery life although I like the size of the 6S more.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I know all about the "app thing", but since i've never had a Windows phone, i'm willing to give MS the benefit of the doubt. They are a big time company, and they know all about the app gap. If they want to lure new users away from Apple and Android, they know what they have to do. Personally, the extra apps that i need can be counted on the fingers of both hands(7 or 8). I have the "next plan" with AT&T, so after a year i can trade it in for something different. If i buy it outright from MS, i can sell it on eBay. It's a small price to pay, to find out if i like the Windows platform or not.:winktongue:

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I know all about the "app thing", but since i've never had a Windows phone, i'm willing to give MS the benefit of the doubt. They are a big time company, and they know all about the app gap. If they want to lure new users away from Apple and Android, they know what they have to do. Personally, the extra apps that i need can be counted on the fingers of both hands(7 or 8). I have the "next plan" with AT&T, so after a year i can trade it in for something different. If i buy it outright from MS, i can sell it on eBay. It's a small price to pay, to find out if i like the Windows platform or not.:winktongue:

To be honest with you I don't thinks MSFT has a vision! If they do, it's too late! I use to say windows phone will be on top soon but after 5 years, they still have 3%market share, America being the biggest and lucrative cellphone market is married to apple then the ANDROIDS!!
Like what I said windows10 looks nice,refreshing and different! But MSFT have to put out there, they have to advertise the damn thing not only on YT they have to really push which they never do!! And I don't know why they won't put money on advertisement. See how Samsung got ahead of everybody they just push and push and push

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of Sony, I don't see why Microsoft isn't using their gaming platform as a big draw to consumers. Sony has the capabilities to stream your PS4 games to your phone over WiFi. And even for regular games you can pair your PS3/PS4 controller with your phone to play games. Microsoft should make that a huge selling point over Android and Apple giving all future Windows Phones or at least the Microsoft made ones the ability to stream Xbox One games to their phone and pair their Xbox One or 360 controllers to it. Sony is the only manufacturer taking advantage of having a full gaming platform behind them.

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of Sony, I don't see why Microsoft isn't using their gaming platform as a big draw to consumers. Sony has the capabilities to stream your PS4 games to your phone over WiFi. And even for regular games you can pair your PS3/PS4 controller with your phone to play games. Microsoft should make that a huge selling point over Android and Apple giving all future Windows Phones or at least the Microsoft made ones the ability to stream Xbox One games to their phone and pair their Xbox One or 360 controllers to it. Sony is the only manufacturer taking advantage of having a full gaming platform behind them.

Well
First of all MSFT CANT!! Use ps4 because you do know MSFT OWNS XBOX!
You are correct MSFT IS too big of company that they don't even know where to start!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Well
First of all MSFT CANT!! Use ps4 because you do know MSFT OWNS XBOX!
You are correct MSFT IS too big of company that they don't even know where to start!

No you completely missed my point. My point is that Microsoft should be pushing Xbox functionality and connectivity in a similar way that Sony does. I know Microsoft can't use Sony services but they sure as heck could use Xbox services.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
To be honest with you I don't thinks MSFT has a vision! If they do, it's too late! I use to say windows phone will be on top soon but after 5 years, they still have 3%market share, America being the biggest and lucrative cellphone market is married to apple then the ANDROIDS!!
Like what I said windows10 looks nice,refreshing and different! But MSFT have to put out there, they have to advertise the damn thing not only on YT they have to really push which they never do!! And I don't know why they won't put money on advertisement. See how Samsung got ahead of everybody they just push and push and push

I've gotten bored with Android, and i don't see anything coming out by the end of the year, that would pique my interest. I'll try Windows, since i'm running Windows 10 on my Mac.:winktongue:

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten bored with Android, and i don't see anything coming out by the end of the year, that would pique my interest. I'll try Windows, since i'm running Windows 10 on my Mac.:winktongue:

Yeah, android never really caught my interest, never really Google as a company IMO,
I'm sure windowsphone10 is gonna be great! But for now,I'm gonna be off the windowsphone boat

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
No you completely missed my point. My point is that Microsoft should be pushing Xbox functionality and connectivity in a similar way that Sony does. I know Microsoft can't use Sony services but they sure as heck could use Xbox services.

The problem with MSFT is that they don't CARE!!! Windowsphone is something they wanted out there but not really push it, they make so much money off royalties why would you break that!

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that I expect to be excellent from a Windows Mobile handset is the camera. If they get that right, i can forgive almost everything else about the software/apps/etc., except for the price.

They get the camera and the price right, then I'll deal with whatever problems exist.

DoyoubiNoAme

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I really fell for Lumia Icon when first saw it's photos back in the time and was quite disappointed, that it wasnt available at my country at the time. But later announcement of 930 allowed me to get this beautiful device. Dropping software and hardware-spec part, Lumia Icon/930 has great design and feel. It indeed feels premium, when you touch and hold it, when you use it. Sadly, Icon will stay what it is - an icon of a great hardware design, unmatched. Unfortunately, you cant say the same for 950 renders.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99