09-17-2015 09:45 AM
330 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I understand the point you're trying to make, however, you've not done a great job making it. :-)

Both an external antenna and a hardware keyboard violate the Microsoft reference design rules for Windows Phones. :-)
    haha, I know. I had to go extreme to make a point. But on the flip side, remember when MS said WP had to have a physical camera button? That design requirement has been relaxed.
    08-31-2015 03:26 AM
    "Every OS suck at thus stage. :) Android keeps sucking even after this stage."

hahahahahahaha good
    08-31-2015 03:37 AM
    I like the design allright, its ok (dont like the metal camera ring.) In all honesty I'm not thrilled about on screen keys, I'd prefer physical.
    I never pictured myself with a phablet, then again I was mister bah humbug qi charging....after I got a charger for my 920 I dont want a phone without it. I think I'm going to have to go with the big boy on this I want it native not via case...

my 920 has seen better days, wont fill in the time with a 640 or xl due to lack of qi....
    Phone cant come quick enough.
    Pretty much sums up my position.

Still rockin on a lumia 820 and as bland lookin as these leaks look the specs are dare I say it decent (lol 830)
    08-31-2015 05:27 AM
    Yeah, W10M and these flagship renders look bland, uninspiring, non premium, non flagshippy and the 950 with that ring is really ugly.. Though I would buy the bigger one if they sell it for 250 - 300 $..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    08-31-2015 06:18 AM
    BB has always made good handset..and this one is no exception.Now if it would have windows 10 on that phone it would be awsome
    Shame it's gonna have android on the phone instead lol
    libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2015 07:31 AM
    All of which are incredibly expensive phones. If the Microsoft Flagships are more affordable but have similar performance, that seems like a very good thing.

Omg you are on to something
    libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2015 07:35 AM
    I think we have to wait until the real ones show up to make judgements, but these renders, they look "old but not obsolete" :D
    aXross likes this.
    08-31-2015 08:37 AM
    All that and still didnt answere the question.

Maybe read it again. Design is a big factor and not a plastic helmet casing. Every phone can have the same internals. What else can distinguish it?
    11B1P likes this.
    08-31-2015 08:55 AM
    I'm still rocking my Lumia 900, no design comes close to what made Windows Phone appealing to me. I can't put my finger at what's wrong with these models, but they don't look right. Proportions? Position of the camera module? Unused bezel at the bottom? For a premium product, I don't get why on-screen keys are even there. They're cramped and look like an afterthought compared to the placement of the hardware buttons on my own phone, that use as much of the space as possible.

Not bashing the designers - but I think the City and Talk have lost a lot of the crafted elegance that the old Nokia team used to imbue in their products. Even the outsourcing MS did for their Zune HD was spot on and didn't pull any punches for the sake of playing it safe with design (what I think MS is doing). It was a flop because of bad marketing and being late to the game, but I still consider it one of the nicest pieces of hardware I've ever owned. Taking design cues from that would be flagship material, IMHO.

http://i.imgur.com/W1usj3g.png
    That's actually a good design for the time period. Granted now you would want to remove the bezel etc.. Funny the sharp android phone seems to have done something similar.

aquos_crystal_1.jpg
    08-31-2015 09:01 AM
    Seriously the new designs are....ok. I mots probably can get over most of it, actually the more i see those renders the more i am getting use to them.

but the part that i am sure i will never get over is the weird ring on the back of the 950.... gives the feeling of an old Sony Eriksson device.
    08-31-2015 10:59 AM
    Sooo,, you've seen this phone first hand and held on to it,, and you can attest to how premium the build quality is?

08-31-2015 11:00 AM
    I would love to have Sharp Aquos with Windows 10 Mobile on it, Live Tiles and Modern UI is perfect with each other!!! <3
    Microsoft should take not on that one!!!

Also I got a concept for 950 but having 925 body but slimmer and have front firing speakers.
    lumia-concept.png
    08-31-2015 11:05 AM
    So im assuming this is what a premium flagship is supposed to look like?

Attached Thumbnails 76455.jpg   76454.jpg   76456.jpg  
    08-31-2015 11:15 AM
    I read a report that all windows 10 phones will have an led light for emails & texts, plus glance. Anybody read that too?
    08-31-2015 11:25 AM
    So im assuming this is what a premium flagship is supposed to look like?

Well in Samsung and Apples case, yeah. They reference their own flagship designs that go back multiple generations, that everyone is instantly familiar with. People have a good idea what they're going to get based on the reputation of the previous gen, and what a S-series Galaxy or an iPhone stands for. These flagship designs are instantly recognizable and haven't changed in years for that reason.

What Microsoft has done with these two phones is reference a mid-range device like the 640, throwing away design elements from a range of high-end Lumias like the 925 and 930. It alludes to cheaper models based on what's come before it, and I can see how that upsets people.

If Microsoft is gunning for a high-spec midrange phone, these would be fantastic. Representing the best of Windows Mobile 10, standing alongside those phones you shared as flagships? These fall a little flat.
    08-31-2015 11:41 AM
    Well in Samsung and Apples case, yeah. They reference their own flagship designs that go back multiple generations, that everyone is instantly familiar with. People have a good idea what they're going to get based on the reputation of the previous gen, and what a S-series Galaxy or an iPhone stands for. These flagship designs are instantly recognizable and haven't changed in years for that reason.

What Microsoft has done with these two phones is reference a mid-range device like the 640, throwing away design elements from a range of high-end Lumias like the 925 and 930. It alludes to cheaper models based on what's come before it, and I can see how that upsets people.

If Microsoft is gunning for a high-spec midrange phone, these would be fantastic. Representing the best of Windows Mobile 10, standing alongside those phones you shared as flagships? These fall a little flat.
    Well put, I agree 100%
    iamakii, Leo Lzo and aXross like this.
    08-31-2015 12:35 PM
    You have no idea what the final design looks like. All we've seen is a "rendering". Until the phones are actually shown, they could have an external antenna and QWERTY keyboard for all we know.
    Those are the official renders. This is evLeaks we are talking about here. He even leaked the Lumia 820 and 920.
    Joe Dubya and iamakii like this.
    08-31-2015 01:03 PM
    Honestly the plastic colorful design I can live with, it's the HUGE bezels that really bother me, there's so much space wasted vertically, after seeing Sharp's awesome almost bezel-less phones I would have loved if MS would have given us something closer to that.
    08-31-2015 01:32 PM
    Really Nice :)
    08-31-2015 01:34 PM
    My only grip is the screen bezel is simply too HUGE for a phone that will still be a flagship in 2016. It's just unacceptable.
    iggim likes this.
    08-31-2015 01:53 PM

Because both of those phones are chinese clones.

08-31-2015 02:29 PM
    LOL @dakken.
    Can we agree to disagree?
    I say the design is not worthy for a flagship phone and you can sing all the praises for the alleged phone's design.
    Deal?
    08-31-2015 03:15 PM
    I agree with this. The Zune HD was one of the sexiest pieces of tech in the past decade. Again, Microsoft CAN design elegant products. The Zune HD, their Surface line-up. Which is all the more baffling that what they came up with for their WP10 flagship looks like a scrapped Nokia mid-range lumia design. Just blows my mind, because i know Microsoft has terrific designers at their disposal. So to get this.. After the flagships that came before it. It's disappointing to say the least.
    When MS bought Nokia's hardware division, several of Nokia's hardware designers joined MS as well. I assume it's the Lumia design team working on the new phones and not the Surface design team.
    08-31-2015 03:19 PM
    LOL @dakken.
    I say the design is not worthy for a flagship phone and you can sing all the praises for the alleged phone's design.
    Deal?
    Although i do like the design's, dont get me wrong,,im not trying to praise the 50 and 50xl. Im just trying to say that some people on here are a little too wrapped up with what in there own minds a "Flagship" should look like, especially when they're basing that opinion on rendered pictures and leaked photos and not a finished product thats ready to be released to the public.

08-31-2015 03:49 PM
    LOL @dakken.
    Deal?
    Key moronic part of this is "alleged phone's design" agree or disagree you two are arguing about something that isn't real yet or is still a known unknown.
    08-31-2015 04:03 PM
330 ... 910111213 ...