09-17-2015 08:45 AM
330 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Sound like Apple or Android are yours!
    08-29-2015 09:03 AM
    ok guys let's stop fighting each other on whether we are ios,wp or android fanboys.
    A true fan can emphasize both good and bad aspects of his daily platfom. The purpose of any flagship is to offer the best the company can deliver. To make users upgrade to your new model or to bring new users on board your ecosystem you must comply with three important things:
    1. The device(s) must have a great design. It's the first thing anyone has contact with when it sees the phone in the store, on a poster, website etc
    2. You must offer good hardware specs. a flagship does not really need to have always the latest tech 100%
    3.You need to put something new in it, a feature or something that is not yet available, or won't ever be on an older model
    Besides, PR is important also.
    Of course other stuff is also important such as quality of customer support.
    These two leaked models have nothing to do with a premium phone to sustain the prices that will have.You cannot ask a flagship price on a redesigned 640 as still expect users to catch the bait. Leave the software experience for now out. To get an Android user or an iphone user to switch and adapt with the new app collection the device must offer something that's attractive, and these are not. Take for example a Galaxy S4 or S5 user who wants a new phone and that guy is willing to switch the platform if possible.What will he chose? a new S6 or Note 5 or S6 Edge or one of these two?? it's pretty clear that he won't go with any of these two models.. the same goes for an iphone user.
    At least if you as a company still have problems with the app gap and quality of the apps, make the damn phones attractive. it's the only thing you have left to gain market share 'till you solve the app problem.
    Panathas and iamakii like this.
    08-29-2015 09:04 AM
    The 950 and 950xl ARE Nokia designed phones so im not sure what you mean when you say "they should do it like Nokia" because THIS IS Nokia.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Proof?
    08-29-2015 09:34 AM
    Proof?
    Surface Phone will be the first Microsoft designed phone.
    08-29-2015 09:46 AM
    L930 is not a real flagship... it came out outdated in Europe... therefore too expensive for the stuff it offered.
    08-29-2015 11:27 AM
    Was hoping for a better looking flagships by MS but they just ruined the beauty of Lumia phones. First they brought on screens and now they made the edges round and with no metallic frame.. They dont look like successors of 930/1520. And with W10M sucking and not finding the new OS attractive will you still buy the flagships or any other WP device or switch to android or iOS? :/
    So what are you buying, a n iPhone or a Galaxy?
    08-29-2015 11:31 AM
    Proof?
    Daniel Rubino said that these phones were the last of the Nokia portfolio. There's a screenshot that someone took of him saying that, which I can't locate atm.
    08-29-2015 11:38 AM
    Daniel Rubino said that these phones were the last of the Nokia portfolio. There's a screenshot that someone took of him saying that, which I can't locate atm.
    Thats was me lol but heres the screen shot again.

Attached Thumbnails 73989.jpg  
    libra89 likes this.
    08-29-2015 11:41 AM
    Thank you! There's just so many threads about this, so I couldn't remember where you posted it.
    08-29-2015 11:43 AM
    I cannot see attached thumbnail or images
    08-29-2015 12:04 PM
    I have a few thoughts. 1. To save on production costs, Microsoft decided to go with polycarbonate. Lets be honest, putting a 2k display on the phone, new USB C, and an actual retina scanner isn't going to be cheap. At least not cheap enough to make a good enough profit margin.
    2. Microsoft is being more secretive than we think. These two phones look like the Lumia 640 and 640 XL, budget phones. What if the Surface phone is the actual flagship? Come on, Microsoft knows how to makes good looking devices, Surface Pro 3 -- Lumia 930... why would their first real try at a Microsoft Phone look just okay. Besides, Lumia as a brand is all over the place. Their are great phones and really cheap phones. Not the best brand for Microsoft to use to reinvent themselves with Windows 10. The Surface Brand is a much better platform to launch for a phone. Microsoft is really pushing the Surface Brand with Pro 3 devices in the NFL, on shows like Arrow, The Flash, Marvel's Agents of Shield, and Tom Cruise had them throughout Mission Impossible 5. I go into more detail at cjdrumm [dot] wordpress [dot] com. Let me know if you think or if I am way way way off.
    08-29-2015 12:05 PM
    I have a few thoughts. 1. To save on production costs, Microsoft decided to go with polycarbonate. Lets be honest, putting a 2k display on the phone, new USB C, and an actual retina scanner isn't going to be cheap. At least not cheap enough to make a good enough profit margin.
    2. Microsoft is being more secretive than we think. These two phones look like the Lumia 640 and 640 XL, budget phones. What if the Surface phone is the actual flagship? Come on, Microsoft knows how to makes good looking devices, Surface Pro 3 -- Lumia 930... why would their first real try at a Microsoft Phone look just okay. Besides, Lumia as a brand is all over the place. Their are great phones and really cheap phones. Not the best brand for Microsoft to use to reinvent themselves with Windows 10. The Surface Brand is a much better platform to launch for a phone. Microsoft is really pushing the Surface Brand with Pro 3 devices in the NFL, on shows like Arrow, The Flash, Marvel's Agents of Shield, and Tom Cruise had them throughout Mission Impossible 5. I go into more detail at cjdrumm [dot] wordpress [dot] com. Let me know if you think or if I am way way way off.
    These aren't Microsoft designed phones, these were designed by Nokia.

08-29-2015 12:14 PM
    Past Lumia flagship designs to put things in perspective:

Attachment 111192

Attachment 111193

Attachment 111194

Attachment 111195

Attachment 111196

Oh Microsoft...
    Cityman and Talkman really don't look much different than these and some of you swear by them. I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
    08-29-2015 01:03 PM
    For the record, I just saw a reply by the threadstarter to the article about the leaked images of build 10534. He says something to the effect of there only being two more features he needed in the next mobile preview build. But yeah, the OS "sucks". *eyeroll*

You'd think internet forums would have less knee-jerk emotional reactions. You've got plenty of time to think before clicking "post".
    08-29-2015 01:08 PM
    08-29-2015 01:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lumia.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	111253
    I think you mean what "you" wanted. Im perfectly happy with what were getting.

libra89 likes this.
    08-29-2015 02:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lumia.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	111253
    The Talkman looks better than that concept imo lol... The Talkman doesn't look that bad and will probably look pretty nice in actual photos, the cityman with that thick silver rim is uglier...
    08-29-2015 02:21 PM
    People that like the Design of the 950 and 950XL must have some kind of mental disorder or no sense of design at all. These things are awfully bad looking.
    08-29-2015 02:24 PM
    When flagship looks exactly like lowend, then its something bad. This is for me very sad news, its looks horrible. I prefer polycarbonate, so that not bothering me. What is wrong, its how they used a implement it. Its not look premium. Really, its ugly device, hope its fake.
    08-29-2015 02:24 PM
    People that like the Design of the 950 and 950XL must have some kind of mental disorder or no sense of design at all. These things are awfully bad looking.
    A little harsh dont you think I mean the phones are bland no lie, but you can't really go around saying these things are that bad looking they're just boring
    theefman likes this.
    08-29-2015 02:40 PM
    This entire discussion cracks me up. I'm an IT guy, so I deal with phones all the time, and also tend to notice what people around me are carrying and using. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but in the Dallas area, I'd estimate that 95% of people I see have their phones in some kind of protective case, with only the glass of the screen showing. Given that, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. They could make the things out of titanium, and I'd still put it in a protective case made out of plastic/rubber (in fact, I have a great Boker Subcom knife with a titanium frame, and it scratches easily, but still is one of the best knives I've owned). So, what is important to me on phone build material is Gorilla Glass, as it's the only part of the phone that is going to be visible and exposed. The housing doesn't affect how it works. Provided it is fairly durable and not prone to bending/breaking, what does it matter? I care about performance. I'm far more concerned with substance over style. Give me good specs and a solid user experience, and you can make the stupid housing out of recycled Coke bottles for all I care.
    08-29-2015 02:47 PM
    A little harsh dont you think I mean the phones are bland no lie, but you can't really go around saying these things are that bad looking they're just boring
    I wouldnt expect anything less from a person that can only see his own point of view and tries to impose that view on other people lol

08-29-2015 03:23 PM
    Those renders remind me a lot of my LG G2 and several other flagship phones. I don't understand why you'd prefer something flashier, but far less durable. The best looking phone on the market is the Galaxy S6 Edge/Edge+ and they're fragile. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are also fragile. Those are the most expensive phones I am aware of. Paying more for a less durable phone simply because it looks nicer initially is silly to me. Especially when you're going to cover up those expensive materials.
    libra89 and 11B1P like this.
    08-29-2015 06:24 PM
    Long before the first WP7 came out, I followed it's development on the internet. I totally bought-in to the concept of a phone that had hubs for people, games, etc. - to make it easier to navigate to the information and content you wanted. I loved the idea of live tiles on the start screen that were constantly updating (as opposed to the static grid on iPhone which I still find boring). And on launch day I became the proud owner of Samsung Focus. My wife and kids all have iphones - but I have been a staunch windows phone supporter.

When my first 2 year contract was up I bought a lumia 920, and although it was thick and heavy, it has been a great phone for me. It still looks as good as new and the battery life has held up amazingly well - nearly 3 years later.

Why do I still have my 920 when my contract has long since expired? Because Microsoft failed to come up with a flagship phone that was significantly better than what I already had.

Why will I be switching to the iPhone 6s in a few weeks? First & foremost, because key apps that I use every day continue to be dropped or no longer updated on Windows Phone. Because the Microsoft apps are not only available on iPhone - but in many cases, are currently better than the ones on windows phone. And lastly, because the design of the new flagship phones that I have waited so long for are completely uninspiring, if not "****-ugly" - and I don't want to wait another 6 months for the Surface phone which still may no have all the apps I need.

I am well aware that Microsoft has been going through some major adjustments in its mobile market and was absolutely forced to make some major changes. I have been a very loyal MS customer - but I think I've finally just lost the will to hang-on any longer. On the upside, I will finally be able to face-time and "find a friend" with my wife and kids. But ... it's all kind of sad.

Well... that's my 2 cents!
    Kram Sacul, akshaypn and iggim like this.
    08-29-2015 06:32 PM
    I can remember how I felt the first time I saw the N9 / Lumia 800 design. Then, those phones looked b-e-a-utiful. Looking at these now I'm like eh they're ok, but what the hell, I do not want ok I want something special. These do not look special, I do not think they're beautiful. And what's the deal with the loudspeaker grill / mesh, that's just 'sigh'. Microsoft please I'll pass, where's the next flagship
    theefman, S6R, Kram Sacul and 1 others like this.
    08-29-2015 06:51 PM
330 ... 678910 ...