Design of 950 & 950XL and W10M not good?

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty pumped about the new phones. Besides lack of metal in the build it's pretty satisfactory. IMO if your unhappy with the design, it's probably time for you to jump ship 🚢

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty pumped about the new phones. Besides lack of metal in the build it's pretty satisfactory. IMO if your unhappy with the design, it's probably time for you to jump ship 🚢
Yep that is a great reply don't like it then jump ship. Yep ok all you sheep remember one can't not like the trash they are making or else. Sort of like in America when one is not agreeing with Obama they are called racist. Really brilliant. Simple things for simple minds.

joao91

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I like Windows so much that I don't see myself changing for an android phone or an iphone. But these flagships are very disappointing. My biggest problem are with the on-screen keys, it would just look much more elegant with physical keys. I also hate the round corners, I believe the 830 looks so much better. Once again, very disappointed...

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Not really any point in arguing so much about this, some people will like the design and some people won't.

We'll just have to see what gets announced come October and hope that there will be a phone to appeal to everyone's taste.

SlickShoesRUCrazy

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I feel M$ gonna fail again.

Again? They are a failure in the phone market and they know it. There is no failing again. They aren't trying to penetrate the market. They are releasing these phones because they know they have to have something on the market. I will be surprised if these phones even get an commercial air time.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Again? They are a failure in the phone market and they know it. There is no failing again. They aren't trying to penetrate the market. They are releasing these phones because they know they have to have something on the market. I will be surprised if these phones even get an commercial air time.

Microsoft will definitely advertise the phones, this is probably their last stab attempt.

Maybe all of the money they saved on the design of the phones will be put towards advertising, who knows.

martice

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not happy either and I'm no troll. I waited for so long to see these devices and the only thing that kills it for me are the HUGE BEZELS!! They look like the iPhone 4 or 5's with the Bezel. Not happy about the look of these phones. If you're spending a lot of money on a device it better look like it costs a lot. SMH!!

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I think I am changing my mind here. Might get the phone due to it's bland design (if the renders are true). It might be the first flagship phone with the lowest chance of getting robbed from you because it has similarities to low end devices. No. This is not sarcasm. I might really have this phone.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Bland and uninspired hardware running a bland and uninspired OS. Not exactly exciting to me.

Sticking with 8.1, on mobile and on the desktop. No need to "upgrade" to something poorly designed and less user friendly.

Demos Wira Arjuna

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
MSFT should have redesign again these Ultimate Flagship Phone, I mean make these phone look awesome and beautiful as like as finland had made before on Nokia (like N9, NL 800).
As we know it, we've been waiting this NEW Flagship over a years since NL 930 was release in the world. And it have to worth it. This is my opinion.

Ishmam Ishtiaque

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I like the phones just fine. If people want leather backs and metal they should go buy LG, Apple or Samsung and STFU.

It is because of the fanboys like you that wp still has 3% of worldwide market share. The harsh reality is that most people don't even care for lumias. They all want fancy iphones, samsungs etc, and if these people keep buying those phones then I don't see any future for wp.
Besides, when you are buying a device for +500$, it's human nature to expect it to look good. Hell why would people even buy these phones over s6 edge, g4 or the iphone 6?

gljvd

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I stopped caring about the look of phones. I had a htc arrive , then a note , note 2 and note 3. None of those phones were anywhere near as smooth in operation as my htc arrive and I'm hoping to come back to the windows phone fold.

davedashftw

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I quite like the new phone designs (I've had Windows Phone since Nokia 920). They are lighter, more modern. I can't speak for WP10 OS yet since I haven't installed it.

They also pass the girlfriend test - who is a rabid Apple fan, typical consumer, who thought previous windows phones (the old design) were ugly as hell. She thinks my white 830 looks quite classy.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It is because of the fanboys like you that wp still has 3% of worldwide market share. The harsh reality is that most people don't even care for lumias. They all want fancy iphones, samsungs etc, and if these people keep buying those phones then I don't see any future for wp.
Besides, when you are buying a device for +500$, it's human nature to expect it to look good. Hell why would people even buy these phones over s6 edge, g4 or the iphone 6?

You sound absolutely ridiculous. I am sorry to be rude but you do. You are going to blame Windows Phone's 'falure' on the fact that users are happy with WP as it is and have little to complain and are happy with the designs of the upcoming flagships?

That's utterly silly considering WITHOUT its loyal following of 3 percent of the worldwide owners, Windows Phone would've long died.

People don't look at a phone "OMG that is ugly...."

I sell phones for a living. I've never had someone come into my store going "Hey give me the best looking phone you got."

What they do want?

1. Superb Camera---- Which is what Lumias are known for.....
2. Apps
3. Big Screen for Movie watching
4. Fast performance
5. Integration with whatever ecosystem they are entrenched in
6. Something that has a lot of storage or expandable memory
7. Something that is good for music
8. Waterproof

I've never had a customer come in and ask for the best looking phone....This is not 2007 where people are getting the iPhone because it is the it thing to have. People get an iPhone because it is what their friends have. People get android because of the apps.

People aren't choosing Windows Phone because Lumia design sucks(Mind you Android users WANT Lumias running android)....People aren't choosing WIndows phone due to a lack of apps. So how in the world is it mine, James or any windows phone fan fault that Windows phone has 3 percent?

if anything, I should blame people such as yourself who are precisely the reason Microsoft ruined WP 10 by making it more android like...I prefer WP 7-8.1 not WP10. But I am not immature to say something like that.

I don't know why some are being so antagonistic and defensive to all those who dislike the design. .
When "performance matters more" is being used to defend the phone's design, you know something's wrong with the design. Sure, performance is probably more important, but they're two completely separate discussions. We're not complaining about the OS or functionality. We wouldn't even be using WP right now if we were as disappointed in that as we are in these renders.

People are defensive because the comments are ridiculous and come off as whining and not constructive really. Then if you say you like the design, you are attacked.

Let's say Microsoft built the sexiest looking phone but then they still used 2013 specs....People would then complain about "OMG, Microsoft is using old specs when Android/IOS has these specs. The platform is doomed."

These phones appear to have some AMAZING specs and performance and at the end of the day, hoe hardware LOOKS is not a deciding factor for most products because people are savvy enough to know and want the greatest experience. Mentioning performance is not making an excuse for the design, it's reminding people what these phones are for.

If someone is truly using their Lumias a fashion accessory and worried about what people will think about them using one, you need to reevaluate some life choices then.

Please, all of you continue to cry more.
LOL
We waited two years for that? The specs are good but the devices out right stink. They look like a stretch 640. The HTC m8 for windows looks better than that. Perhaps we were expecting so much more after two years. No sorry I will not pay $700.00 for a kiddy designed device last place you should have blown us away to make people excited about wp10 flagship instead we got the normal windows low end look.

Good luck with the HTC One M8 who is what like 600 or so dollars...looks amazing but has that camera that is awful as sin.

My Lumia 640 cost me 100 and it takes better pictures....My Lumia 640 XL was $250 and takes better pictures.

That's what happens when you get a nice phone design....they crap out somewhere and that is precisely why HTC doesn't sell phones.

didn it win a best design award? How that work out for sales...Spoiler alert: it didn't. Because nobody cared about the fact it had the best design of android phones. they cared because it had a poor camera among other things about the actual SPECS not the design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12