Design of 950 & 950XL and W10M not good?

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sooo,, you've seen this phone first hand and held on to it,, and you can attest to how premium the build quality is?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I would love to have Sharp Aquos with Windows 10 Mobile on it, Live Tiles and Modern UI is perfect with each other!!! <3
Microsoft should take not on that one!!!

Also I got a concept for 950 but having 925 body but slimmer and have front firing speakers.
Lumia Concept.png

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
So im assuming this is what a premium flagship is supposed to look like?

Attachments

• 76456.jpg
    76456.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 76455.jpg
    76455.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 76454.jpg
    76454.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 44

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So im assuming this is what a premium flagship is supposed to look like?

Well in Samsung and Apples case, yeah. They reference their own flagship designs that go back multiple generations, that everyone is instantly familiar with. People have a good idea what they're going to get based on the reputation of the previous gen, and what a S-series Galaxy or an iPhone stands for. These flagship designs are instantly recognizable and haven't changed in years for that reason.

What Microsoft has done with these two phones is reference a mid-range device like the 640, throwing away design elements from a range of high-end Lumias like the 925 and 930. It alludes to cheaper models based on what's come before it, and I can see how that upsets people.

If Microsoft is gunning for a high-spec midrange phone, these would be fantastic. Representing the best of Windows Mobile 10, standing alongside those phones you shared as flagships? These fall a little flat.

windowshopper23

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Well in Samsung and Apples case, yeah. They reference their own flagship designs that go back multiple generations, that everyone is instantly familiar with. People have a good idea what they're going to get based on the reputation of the previous gen, and what a S-series Galaxy or an iPhone stands for. These flagship designs are instantly recognizable and haven't changed in years for that reason.

What Microsoft has done with these two phones is reference a mid-range device like the 640, throwing away design elements from a range of high-end Lumias like the 925 and 930. It alludes to cheaper models based on what's come before it, and I can see how that upsets people.

If Microsoft is gunning for a high-spec midrange phone, these would be fantastic. Representing the best of Windows Mobile 10, standing alongside those phones you shared as flagships? These fall a little flat.

Well put, I agree 100%

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You have no idea what the final design looks like. All we've seen is a "rendering". Until the phones are actually shown, they could have an external antenna and QWERTY keyboard for all we know.
Those are the official renders. This is evLeaks we are talking about here. He even leaked the Lumia 820 and 920.

Leo Lzo

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the plastic colorful design I can live with, it's the HUGE bezels that really bother me, there's so much space wasted vertically, after seeing Sharp's awesome almost bezel-less phones I would have loved if MS would have given us something closer to that.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Because both of those phones are chinese clones.

kokola

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
LOL @dakken.
Can we agree to disagree?
I say the design is not worthy for a flagship phone and you can sing all the praises for the alleged phone's design.
Deal?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. The Zune HD was one of the sexiest pieces of tech in the past decade. Again, Microsoft CAN design elegant products. The Zune HD, their Surface line-up. Which is all the more baffling that what they came up with for their WP10 flagship looks like a scrapped Nokia mid-range lumia design. Just blows my mind, because i know Microsoft has terrific designers at their disposal. So to get this.. After the flagships that came before it. It's disappointing to say the least.

When MS bought Nokia's hardware division, several of Nokia's hardware designers joined MS as well. I assume it's the Lumia design team working on the new phones and not the Surface design team.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
LOL @dakken.
I say the design is not worthy for a flagship phone and you can sing all the praises for the alleged phone's design.
Deal?

Although i do like the design's, dont get me wrong,,im not trying to praise the 50 and 50xl. Im just trying to say that some people on here are a little too wrapped up with what in there own minds a "Flagship" should look like, especially when they're basing that opinion on rendered pictures and leaked photos and not a finished product thats ready to be released to the public.

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
LOL @dakken.
Deal?

Key moronic part of this is "alleged phone's design" agree or disagree you two are arguing about something that isn't real yet or is still a known unknown.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
the plastic phone is the way to go...not metal and no glass all around too fragile.
If I had a choice the casing would be kevlar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)