Let's Take a Poll: Cityman & Talkman Press Images

Baljeet Rai

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Just for clarification: On Windows Phone 8.1 and most likely Windows 10 Mobile, you can have the soft keys to auto-hide. They can be brought up with a swipe from the bottom. When you put that in perspective then you will finally be at peace with the bezels.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Daniel says it himself here that these are from the Nokia portfolio.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• 73989.jpg
    73989.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 43

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia or MS designed, it doesn't matter. It's still underwhelming at best. MS is the king at dropping the ball.

I bring this up because a lot of people are saying this phone is ugly because Microsoft designed it and not Nokia which just isnt true. I believe that the Microsoft branding has tainted the perception of how this phone looks.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
They don't look bad, but I really feel like rounded edges and plastic isn't going to make a phone that people find more appealing then an iPhone 6. I mean, if someone walks into BestBuy and sees an iPhone 6 and then looks over and sees what is supposedly the L950.... Are they really going to have any incentive to choose the L950 over the iPhone 6? Probably not. It's a matter of choice but the only reason I would is because I like the Windows phone OS and most people don't have a clue what that even is. The fact of the matter is that people care ALOT about exterior aesthetics: to ignore this is suicide as far as market-success.

In my personal opinion, this would be a great look for MS to go for. Please don't burn me at the stake for having an opinion.
View attachment 111116

I think this design has been used already

Attachments

• 73994.jpg
    73994.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 73997.jpg
    73997.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 73996.jpg
    73996.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 5

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a shame how far Lumia aesthetics have fallen. The Lumia 800, 920, 930/Icon, 830, and 1520 truly spoiled us. The Nokia era of the Lumia story is truly over.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
the look of these two is simply amateur made. this is not a premium design to sustain the high price that will have or to attract customers. It is more than clear that any new customer who walks in a store and sees a note 5, s6, g4 or an iphone and one of these two will clearly not pick them. design is simply not ok for a flagship that is supposed to be the top notch of the model line in both hardware, look and feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
What I don't get is, we've already seen these press images before without all this "lookit dis fugly bezzle" comments. We get some blurry-*** images posted today and everyone goes nuts.

The bezel isn't *that* big and it looks like any other smartphone out there. Actually, this looks like a L640, really. Did anyone say the L640 looked like ***? No. In my opinion, so long as the glass is premium, the plastic strong/premium like my old 920 and it has a flagship worthy camera, I'm good. Even if it still looks like the L640.

And why is there so much talk about how it looks? It's like a bunch of iPhone fanboys critiquing around here today.

Lumia 640 is a midrange!!!!! for a midrange phone and it's price looks nice, but these two are supposed to be premium devices! you cannot have premium devices only on specs or only in looks. both aspects must come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing here is that many of you who comment use Android as written in the signature...so if you already have something you like why bashing others who say that these two models look crappy cheap? I bet none of you will buy any of the 950 or 950xl so again why bother defending something you clearly are not a fan of? :)

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I had 2 nokia phones and 1 of them was the L925 which was my favorite phone so far, but i eventually wanted something with a bigger screen so got the Nexus 6 but the camera was terrible so i used tmo jump to get the LG g4 and will be using my next jump to get the 950xl if it comes to T-mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)