• Likely won't stay with Windows

21 20.19%
09-23-2015 03:23 AM
136 1234 ...
tools
    Guys.... It's a good topic for debate.

However:

[WARN]Watch the potty language and don't make it personal. OK?[/WARN]

You know if the above means you, or you should know.

I'm going to sanitize a few bits. Don't blame me. Have a good read here: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    a5cent, ven07 and Joe Dubya like this.
    08-30-2015 12:31 PM
    great thing about these new phones is those 930s and 1520s will be super cheap, a viable option as a placeholder vs. my current L830 - probably shoulda picked one of those up a year ago.
    I certainly have no crystal ball, but I wonder if the flagships are underwhelming, and the carriers drop subsidies, if the 1520 and 930 night actually hold their values.

Part of me is tempted to horde these things, just in case.
    Joe Dubya and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-30-2015 01:18 PM
    After two years with WP and Lumia 925. I'm really disappointed with windows 10 and I'm considering an iPhone
    08-30-2015 01:35 PM
    The S6 is a nice looking device, I have the Edge. but in all truthfulness android and touch wiz just kill this phone. Always slowing down, choppy apps like twitter, facebook and Instagram all of which have very poor scrolling, and many other apps. The battery life is just terrible, cant even do a day with moderate use without charging it.

Now if the S6 had windows Mobile 10 on it, now that would be a killer device.
    Or you could root :p
    08-30-2015 04:09 PM
    I have tried Windows 10 mobile, and found it horrible. Either staying with 8.1 on my Ativ S, or going back to Android
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-30-2015 04:22 PM
    I have tried Windows 10 mobile, and found it horrible. Either staying with 8.1 on my Ativ S, or going back to Android
    On which device? which build did you try? and what was so bad about it?

You don't have to answer, im just a curious person :)
    RumoredNow and a5cent like this.
    08-30-2015 04:26 PM
    I just bought a refurb 1520 off of eBay because I was so disappointed in the new flagships. Paul Thurrott said the cameras in Cityman/Talkman are probably the same modules from Icon/1520 anyways.

I absolutely hate the on-screen navigation buttons in the new phones. I know it sounds petty, but the combination of that plus the boring design makes Cityman/Talkman a no go for me.
    OwenDL, Kevin Rush and Kram Sacul like this.
    08-30-2015 05:44 PM
    I'm really disappointed with windows 10 and I'm considering an iPhone
    I have a 6 Plus, and while I do like the phone, I regret buying it. Not only is my phone curved from being in my front pocket all the time, I now have a large dent in the back upper half of it. I guess I leaned too hard against something, but I have no idea when.
    08-30-2015 05:50 PM
    After two years with WP and Lumia 925. I'm really disappointed with windows 10 and I'm considering an iPhone
    Nothing says you have to jump into WP10. You could always buy something like a 640, which is a great phone for peanuts, and stick with Denim.

I myself am not sure when I will commit to 10. It will have to happen at some point, but I may wait a bit more. I've installed it on a few phones over various builds, just to play around a bit. I have a 635 now that I may do that with for grins and giggles. I have not updated my Surface yet, but will do that for sure before the end of the year.

Anyways - there are plenty of great phones available that are an upgrade to a 925 that don't force you to WP 10.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-30-2015 05:55 PM
    On which device? which build did you try? and what was so bad about it?

You don't have to answer, im just a curious person :)
    Lumia 535. Build 10532. Did the hard reset with no backup. Performance was terrible, something like Android 2.3. Lots of bugs. Mail didn't work. Inconsistent and confusing design, not simple like on 8.1. Went back to Denim, and the Lumia 535 performs like a champ. Doubt w10 mobile will be ready for primetime in a year, let alone in a month. We have to remember 90% of WP market share is composed of low cost handsets like the 535, and W10 just doesn't go with it.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-30-2015 06:01 PM
    For me I dont see any reason to say that phones were design by nokia...its a nonsense and trying to excuse somehow, someway, responsabilities from microsoft...you know what else was design by nokia? Mclaren - canceled, smartwatch - canceled, why? Because they took a gap year on devices to rethink strategies and make a come back with future knowledge from Nokia and MSFT together with optimized devices and a proper flagship phone , leaks come out and people start with the "Nokia designs"?! I mean I don't want to sound mad but it's not funny anymore...samsung hired the apple design guy and 6 months later the design comes completely changed and MSFT skips a flagship lunch to put their stuff together and when it launched people come with Nokia excuses? xD besides, the Porsche comparison it's completely true and it's note since yesterday so MSFT should know this by now and focus on the design of the phone...people eat with eyes first...then comes the flavour...if the dish doesn't look nice they don't taste it, unless everyone around says its marvelous but hey, everyone around brags apple or android so this should've been a lesson learned...
    I'm gonna buy the s6 edge plus since not only my eyes love but so the taste is out of this world...dont like google but oh well, no such thing as perfect device...ill see in the next year...
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 08-30-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Bloobed and mariusmuntean like this.
    08-30-2015 06:36 PM
    Seems weird to have a survey that excludes the majority of current Windows Phone users from voting.

For example: I have a 1520.3 and will replace it with 950XL. My wife has a 640 and will replace it. My father's wife has a 521 and will replace it.
    libra89, RumoredNow and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-30-2015 07:05 PM
    If the camera is better than 930 (which is likely, look at that bulge), then I'm getting the 950. I just hope the real thing will look better on hand than the images.
    08-30-2015 07:12 PM
    Seems weird to have a survey that excludes the majority of current Windows Phone users from voting.
    Forum Polls and Methodology turn their heads away from each other and refuse to acknowledge one another...

Otherwise the fun would be ruined and we would get statistically relevant results. No one wants that.
    a5cent likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:09 PM
    Forum Polls and Methodology turn their heads away from each other and refuse to acknowledge one another...

Otherwise the fun would be ruined and we would get statistically relevant results. No one wants that.
    I keep forgetting that! Arrrggggg
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:11 PM
    Would like to stay with Windows, especially Win10 Mobile, but would definitely not buy Cityman/Talkman if those renders are accurate. Would hold out for a Surface phone or perhaps buy another Icon in white.

I just hope Microsoft provides a style for everyone. Obviously some people like the Cityman/Talkman renders and some people don't.... But if they want to really make Windows Phone a success, they can't just cater to one side.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:59 PM
    I have been a hardcore WP user for a while. I obsessed over my brother's Focus and bought the Focus S day one. Got the Lumia 900, 920, and now 1520.

With that said, I'm putting my fanboyism aside. I am just going to enjoy technology. I'm getting an iPhone 6s plus, and have an iPad air 2 coming in tomorrow. I plan to use Microsoft services on iOS. I can't wait for Cortana to be released.

My acer s7 I happily rocking W10!
    08-30-2015 11:09 PM
    Not so much planning or staying, but waiting to be won back from Android. For now I'm waiting on the OS to garner more apps, and mature more solidly. I'm quite happy with my MS apps on my LG G3.
    08-30-2015 11:42 PM
    You are well aware that Windows 10 for mobile is still a work in progress?
    08-31-2015 12:48 AM
    I'm only with Windows phone due to the bang for the buck you get. Cheap android phones are just terrible to use. In saying that even expensive android phones are terrible to use (Had an S5). These phones will likely be priced the same as iPhones, if I had the money why would I buy one of these over an iPhone? I wouldn't, and I don't think many people will. Now if they are priced reasonably I might but I'm pretty sure they won't be.
    Bloobed likes this.
    08-31-2015 07:00 AM
    I jumped ship already. Microsoft services rock regardless of what platform you use so im not missing anything.

Fingers crossed that at least one of the rumored Acer windows phones are decently specced.
    Ive been really impressed with their windows 8.1 tablets. If they can offer that same bang for your buck with a windows 10 phone, then i'll take that in a heartbeat over the new 950.

Windows 10 Mobile looks to be a good OS, and im looking forward to the Android app compatibility, but these new microsoft lumias are so ugly. I thought the 930 was rather bland looking, but at least that had some polish. These renders make the 950 look like a cross between a Micromax and a Lumia 640....
    08-31-2015 07:54 AM
    I have tried Windows 10 mobile, and found it horrible.
    I would say withholding judgment until it's out of preview might be a good idea.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2015 08:58 AM
    I have been a fan (not fanboy, but fan) of Windows Phone since the release of WP7. I have used a Lumia 800 for quite some time, then an Ativ S, then a L1520, L930 and am now back with a L1520 again. To be honest, of all those devices, the Samsung has been the most solid one with no manufacturing issues or other defects.

- On the L800 I experienced screen lift and loose, rattling buttons.
    - On the L1520 (both) there's the sim and microsd trays that don't close all that tight. Also there's issues with the display sensitivity still and a spot forming on the display in exactly the same place as on my first 1520.
    - The L930 had a bucket load of issues ranging from purple display issues to loose/rattling buttons like the L800 and also screen lift.

The thing that kept me on these Nokia devices has been WP8.1. It just fits me best in how I want my smartphone to work. No widgets, no app drawer, swipes to get to most things, convenient ellipses menu right under your thumb for more settings... Simple tiles with all the info I need, quite minimal, the way I like it. Besides that, it has always run buttery smooth, from the L800 on...

Now W10M takes away a bunch of the aesthetics and user interface interaction that feel so right and has chosen to walk a different (in my eyes strange) path. Hamburger menu's in the hardest to reach places on the display, no swipes where you would expect them and a bunch of other things. I know it's work in progress, but it's working towards something that I don't like anymore. A lot of this actually applies to W10 on the Surface Pro 3 as well, where they very effectively managed to kill the best touch interface on the market and replaced it with a half baked Tablet Mode, but that's offtopic.

All in all, I will think twice before buying a new Lumia after experiencing the issues with all my Lumia's in the past. I just don't trust their build quality anymore, whether it be design flaws, poorly sourced displays or bad quality control. And I have severe doubts about W10M as a platform. Just think about the amount of apps that haven't even caught up with UI changes from WP7 to WP8.1 and then look at how much the UI has changed in W10M... it's going to be as inconsistent as Android.

My current dream device would probably be a Galaxy S6 with WP8.1.2... Which makes me a bit sad for Windows Phone :( ;).
    08-31-2015 09:05 AM
    No plans. Until the market share picks up, with better apps selections, I will not plan to get a new windows phone. In fact, I'm going to get the next iPhone since it has better ecosystems and app selections. Had enough of Windows phones.
    08-31-2015 09:11 AM
    For now my Lumia 830 is still good enough for my use. I think I'll wait it out until I believe I need to replace it. First generation devices are always risky to buy as well. Even with the Surface tablet line Microsoft took some time to perfect it. Plus there will be OEMs releasing stuff too. I'm also more interested in a cisc architecture based phone that can be used like a real pc.
    08-31-2015 09:11 AM
136 1234 ...