The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99

View Poll Results: What are your next device plans

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Currently use a 92x or 930/Icon and plan to purchase

33 31.73%
  • Haven't previously purchased a Lumia flagship but plan to purchase

11 10.58%
  • Currently use a 92x or 930/Icon and don't plan to purchase

23 22.12%
  • Fingers cross on another OEM/highend device

16 15.38%
  • Likely won't stay with Windows

21 20.19%
09-23-2015 03:23 AM
136 12345 ...
tools
    No plans. Until the market share picks up, with better apps selections, I will not plan to get a new windows phone. In fact, I'm going to get the next iPhone since it has better ecosystems and app selections. Had enough of Windows phones.
    Sadly I think its peaked and is on the downward spiral. You know when they try the old android app porting trick things are bad.
    theefman and chmun77 like this.
    08-31-2015 09:33 AM
    My plans are to initially look for leaks of the 840/850, if nothing soon then hope for something interesting from other OEMs, and then worst case scenario go for cityman or talkman.
    EDIT: Or even look for a nice price on a 930 to hold me over.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    08-31-2015 11:28 AM
    Speaking of leaked.. shhhhhhhh......

lumia_950_xl_3d_concept_by_marckniack-d949gwg.png
    08-31-2015 02:02 PM
    Leaked photos of talkman and cityman have underwhelmed me. I really hope they look better in person and feel good in the hand. WM10 has been a bad experience for me, too. For instance, email: No unified inbox.

I hate to say it, but I am giving very serious thought to going to iPhone.
    I love windows phone but if MS fails again I go for iphone too, cant see myself using Android again
    08-31-2015 02:42 PM
    Sticking with my gorgeous Lumia 830 for a little while after seeing these renders. Might go with an Xperia or S6 Edge after that, as those are the nicest looking devices out there. Might wait to see how the Nokia Androids look as well. If Samsung releases a WM 10 version of the S6 I may consider that.
    08-31-2015 03:30 PM
    2ovs5os.jpg
    hasasimo likes this.
    08-31-2015 04:06 PM
    I'll be buying the 950XL.
    08-31-2015 04:13 PM
    Attached Thumbnails phone-comparison.jpg  
    sleeve22, RumoredNow and pallentx like this.
    08-31-2015 05:10 PM
    If the top bezel was more minimized like LG's it would look much better. But I think it's more about the plastic wrapped around the phones. But again we won't know till we see it. Most phones do look similar from a straight angle. Plus the images are too small to see the actual unique glass. If the bezel was used for the navigation keys at the bottom then it already becomes way better looking. It's just the bezel is empty. The addition of the software navigation keys make it seem like the bezel is larger than it's supposed to be.

And if you look at the iphone the glass curves nicely giving it more appeal, as does the Samsung galaxy edge. Though honestly the edge has nice glass it is a bit excessive making it a gimmick. But it also has this appeal to it. I saw it at a kiosk and it looks so pretty and really shiny. People like shiny things. It's definitely not functional to have that extra curve as it is likely going to morph your apps.. Just having something in between would have been nice. It's not really about comparing to current gen stuff. It's about us expecting something revolutionary from MS. Again. We won't know till we see it in person as a render would require someone to actually add the proper lighting etc to show the glass. My issue is not with the renders but more with the real leaked images. But those aren't the final stages. I just hope it's not super flat. Curvy and shiny has an appeal. I would never buy the edge, but i love looking at it when I see it.

iphone6-select-2014.jpg

php1rwdgz.jpg
    08-31-2015 05:58 PM
    Or you could root :p
    yes I could... but really a person should not have to root a high end android flagship device to get it to run smooth and the battery to last more than 6 hours.
    08-31-2015 07:32 PM
    Seems weird to have a survey that excludes the majority of current Windows Phone users from voting.

For example: I have a 1520.3 and will replace it with 950XL. My wife has a 640 and will replace it. My father's wife has a 521 and will replace it.
    Does this not fall under 'Haven't previously purchased a Lumia flagship but plan to purchase.' ?
    08-31-2015 08:08 PM
    You are well aware that Windows 10 for mobile is still a work in progress?
    You are well aware no big changes will be made from this point? It's only going to be "spit and polish" which is damn well needed given screens are a complete mismatch, people were using the same story a months from Windows 10 release and still are a month after.
    mprebich likes this.
    08-31-2015 08:15 PM
    I wouldn't say it is ugly. But boring to the max. That's the problem. If the next WP flagship is looking just like other Android phones out there, who will be in the right mind to get it? The tiles are already putting people off, along with the same boring exterior designs, GG Microsoft.
    08-31-2015 08:34 PM
    The tiles are already putting people off
    Live tiles will be the next thing to go, 6-12 months "We've found that people prefer looking at a grid of icons (well we think given no increase in market share)." And the dismantling of Windows Phone will be complete.
    08-31-2015 09:09 PM
    Does this not fall under 'Haven't previously purchased a Lumia flagship but plan to purchase.' ?
    No. I consider my 1520.3 a Flagship. My wife previously purchased a flagship but replaced it with the 640 because said flagship didn't have an SD slot. My Father's wife with the 521 is spoiled and will let her husband purchase it. ;) So that option doesn't apply to any of us.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2015 10:34 PM
    I'm still using my 920 and so I'll have to wait and see...I really hope that the speaker isn't on the back...I can live with it on the bottom but I'm not buying a phone with the speaker on the back...I know not a big deal for many, but I'm always listening to podcasts as my phone is sitting on the wireless charger...i guess we'll see soon enough.
    08-31-2015 10:56 PM
    Flagship is denoting the top of the line phone at launch of the OS used to show off it's abilities in full, the 920 for WP8 the 930 (essentially a rebranded Icon) for WP8.1.

1520 yeah many consider it a flagship it's clearly not in this scenario, if it's going to be replaced by a 950 then check the option
    640 is definitely not a flagship, if it's going to be replaced by a 950 then check the option. If it's the phone in daily use then it IS the phone being replaced.
    521 is definitely not a flagship, if it's going to be replaced by a 950 then check the option. The circumstances of the purchase aren't being asked.

The alternative seems to be grabbing a Kleenex and not voting.
    08-31-2015 11:12 PM
    Currently, the poll is indicating, close to 60% of the voters either do not plan buying a new flagship device or leaving Windows Phone altogether (23%) - and this with the audience here leaning towards Windows.
    Not good.
    09-01-2015 04:11 AM
    IPhone or Nexus here I.come. No plastic toys for me, and oh yeah some apps will be nice
    09-01-2015 04:32 AM
    and this with the audience here leaning towards Windows.
    Microsoft likely monitor this site, hopefully it invokes a strategy session that involves more the sticky notes and darts.
    09-01-2015 06:19 AM
    Currently, the poll is indicating, close to 60% of the voters either do not plan buying a new flagship device or leaving Windows Phone altogether (23%) - and this with the audience here leaning towards Windows.
    Not good.
    Some people like me couldn't vote though, so this poll should be taken with a grain of salt. I plan to stay with Windows, but I have no interest in buying a flagship. However, the next midrange, sure.
    09-01-2015 12:04 PM
    My plan is to stick with my iPhone. Not coming back to WP unless it's a Lumia, made that mistake already with the HTC M8, but I'm not paying $700+ for a plastic phone.
    09-01-2015 12:43 PM
    I kept telling myself that when the W10 phones arrived I'd hand my iPhone 6 to my wife and jump on that. But Wp10 is underwhelming and the Win 10 is maybe beta+ at this stage. I miss Cortana and live tiles but I don't miss piecemeal apps with 3rd parties or subpar official. I'd be tougher if MS didn't do such a good job on their iOS apps. The 1520 was great, but the size becomes tiresome day to day and the screen became sporadic. Probably from being in my pocket and warping. I'll check the new phones out in person. Maybe they'll seem better.
    09-01-2015 01:27 PM
    Currently run a Lumia 930 and do not plan to "upgrade". The Snapdragon 810 is going to throttle as fast, such that i finally will end up with less performance. I also dislike the cheap design, i mean really? What are they thinking?

On top of this, it seems likely that Microsoft delivers the same crap with Windows mobile 10 as with Windows 10. Had to go back to Windows 8.1 to make my Surface Pro 3 usable again in tablet mode...
    09-01-2015 01:42 PM
    My plan is to stick with my iPhone. Not coming back to WP unless it's a Lumia, made that mistake already with the HTC M8, but I'm not paying $700+ for a plastic phone.
    Just my 2 cents, but that "plastic" is extremely durable. My 822 was the toughest smartphone I've ever had, and while my 830 with its metal frame is quite sturdy, the 822 was tougher. Metal Samsung's might as well be made of tin foil and iPhones out of the case break pretty easily as well... that's why you rarely as one without a case, well that and because it's so over priced that no one wants to have to buy it twice.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-02-2015 01:00 AM
136 12345 ...