23 22.12%
  • Fingers cross on another OEM/highend device

16 15.38%
  • Likely won't stay with Windows

21 20.19%
09-23-2015 03:23 AM
136 ... 456
tools
    Microsoft has pretty much used up their chances. The only way I would consider the 950XL is if it was sub 350$.
    Anything over that, it makes no sense to get a windows phone device when considering Android and ios options at that price range...
    Someone should put some sense into the internet, I seriously don't see these devices as flagships given the release window and the specs we're looking at. These are mid range devices at best, they carry no flagship differentiating factor.
    Flagships should have innovation, these phones have nothing useful we haven't seen before a long time ago.
    Last, Lumia hardware has been absolute garbage for me except the ultra low end. I spent 700$ on a 1520, it lasted barely over a year before the battery died and I had to replace it myself. The battery on the 1520 started lasting shorter than the battery on my old iphone 3gs... my 920 had screen gap issues, dust gets into the front and back lens, bad battery issues after a year as well...
    Lots of things here that just don't look very good...I'm seriously considering iphones at this point, the price being the only thing that gives me cold sweats... but even older model iphones look more solid than these phones if I look at overall package.

Cheers,
    09-10-2015 01:02 AM
    Im honestly curious to know which sub $350 dollar android phones will be launching with an iris scanner,,will be able to connect to a monitor and mouse and be used as a PC,,has a 20 megapixel camera with Zeiss optics?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    09-10-2015 05:09 PM
    Im honestly curious to know which sub $350 dollar android phones will be launching with an iris scanner,,will be able to connect to a monitor and mouse and be used as a PC,,has a 20 megapixel camera with Zeiss optics?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    camera? s6,s6edge have great cameras. continuum..not something so wow, iris scanner? not needing it. this looks like more as having a super car with no where to drive it. as long as the os is still crap, as close as it is to release date, apps are a mess...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-19-2015 01:49 AM
    Since when is an S6 or an S6 Edge sub-$350? Dakken's point was that you can't get a phone with a 20MP camera (and all of the other features of the 950) for less than $350. Given that the phones you list as examples cost roughly double that, it appears you missed the entire point of his post.

You also seem to have lost your shift key. Perhaps your capitalization would improve if you replaced that iPad with a nice Surface Pro 3 or 4. ;)
    09-19-2015 03:11 AM
    I didn't know that the S6 edge was $350.00 dam I would buy one at that price.I think that we tend to forget that it's a phone. With capabilities.
    09-19-2015 05:01 AM
    I moved from Google to Microsoft and bought a Lumia 1320 almost a month ago, and I am extremely happy.
    I am planning on buying the Lumia 950 XL.
    09-19-2015 05:56 AM
    Since when is an S6 or an S6 Edge sub-$350? Dakken's point was that you can't get a phone with a 20MP camera (and all of the other features of the 950) for less than $350. Given that the phones you list as examples cost roughly double that, it appears you missed the entire point of his post.

You also seem to have lost your shift key. Perhaps your capitalization would improve if you replaced that iPad with a nice Surface Pro 3 or 4. ;)
    Well I will buy a surface pro 3 soon to replace my old notebook, but not to use it as a tablet. Tablet experience on windows 10 is terrible.

09-19-2015 02:23 PM
    I disagree my SP3 is awesome as a laptop and a tablet. We have iPad air 2 and have had kindle fires, like the full software versions and used my SP3 at a conference and on airplane mode went 9 hours and didn't crack 40% battery life each day with taking notes in OneNote..
    09-19-2015 08:47 PM
    camera? s6,s6edge have great cameras. continuum..not something so wow, iris scanner? not needing it. this looks like more as having a super car with no where to drive it. as long as the os is still crap, as close as it is to release date, apps are a mess...

having an s6 edge, yes the phone looks nice but most of it does not hold up in the real world, there is always a glare on the screen not matter how you hold it and is very annoying. its slow as **** without rooting it. and the camera is fast but no better quality than my icon. Having a unique design is good on paper but in reality actually kinda sucks. I am one of the few it seems that actually likes the 950 and it will be a very nice device.
    09-20-2015 06:40 PM

and to buy an s6 edge unlocked in Canada is around $1000.
    09-20-2015 06:42 PM
    and to buy an s6 edge unlocked in Canada is around $1000.
    Don't you guys have local news papers with people selling things? do you only buy phones from a retail store?? In Europe you can get a new, sealed phone from the news paper with almost 200 EUR less than in a store. jeeeess
    09-23-2015 03:23 AM
136 ... 456