My theory on why the 950 and XL designs kinda suck.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that 950 and 950 XL are indeed from Nokia portfolio, who knows. But the end-result seems like they're like a rejected designs but are archived for reference purpose only. Then Microsoft took over and reuse those templates and maybe did some modifications. Those modifications are less thought-out and only done for practical purposes while beauty comes 4th-class.

LOL, didn't see this until I had posted my other comment! Same thought as mine: the 950s are the discards of Nokia!

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
replace the yellow polycarbonate with rose gold metal and it's an iPhone 6s. kinda.

Put the 950/950XL internals inside this design, with larger-sized screens, and you'd have a lot less complaining about the 950s' design! I didn't realize the 625 looked so good!

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Put the 950/950XL internals inside this design, with larger-sized screens, and you'd have a lot less complaining about the 950s' design! I didn't realize the 625 looked so good!

I honestly will even dig 625 design with just few modifications, like camera design of 830 or even the camera ring design of 950 XL (Which it looks fine for me), Aluminum or ceramic side buttons, On-Screen buttons (I think its not that bad) and slightly smaller bezels if possible.

625 design is quite clean and designed with colors, also the rather more ergonomic body (unibody-like backplate) which is very Lumia-like. Not to mention that sweet looking curvature of glass on the sides, its subtle but gives nice feeling and added great aesthetic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro