Which OS will Cityman and Talkman come with?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the 2 new phones will come with 8.1? If they did, it would easily allow those that dont like Win10 to stay or use 8.1 as it is more stable in regards to battery life and also all the nice pivots and other UI elements that are so different from Win 10.

Guess it all has to do with when the phones will be released and when the RTM Win10 will be as well.

I have 2 929's and use 8.1 and 10 on them. Im sort of torn between them, hoping Win10 will be highly optimized for battery life on the same scale as 8.1. There is a big difference there for me even with minimal background apps and other services turned off.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
They will be launched of course with W10. No point in releasing them with 8.1.
About battery optimisation, you have technical preview on your phone and as it it has non optimized battery life. It needs to be fixed and can't be compared to final version.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
They will be launched of course with W10. No point in releasing them with 8.1.
About battery optimisation, you have technical preview on your phone and as it it has non optimized battery life. It needs to be fixed and can't be compared to final version.

Yes I realize Win10 mobile is still just barely alpha/beta at this point yet. But I hope it will be highly optimized in final RTM version. I just wonder because running Win 10 on my laptop makes it run hot and suck power more compared to Win7.

But I do think there is a point to running Win mobile 8.1 compared to Win 10. HAMBURGERS SUCK! And many of us really like and want pivots and easily to reach ellipse toggles. Using 8.1 is so much faster for me than current Win10 preview.

I do like many things about Win10 mobile....but i more so enjoy the speed and easy use of using the UI of Win 8.1.

I am hoping there are many many refinements and tweaks to the current Win10 mobile build before release.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes I realize Win10 mobile is still just barely alpha/beta at this point yet. But I hope it will be highly optimized in final RTM version. I just wonder because running Win 10 on my laptop makes it run hot and suck power more compared to Win7.

But I do think there is a point to running Win mobile 8.1 compared to Win 10. HAMBURGERS SUCK! And many of us really like and want pivots and easily to reach ellipse toggles. Using 8.1 is so much faster for me than current Win10 preview.

I do like many things about Win10 mobile....but i more so enjoy the speed and easy use of using the UI of Win 8.1.

I am hoping there are many many refinements and tweaks to the current Win10 mobile build before release.

I had a 925 with 8.1 and im kind of torn because i really liked it,, but i also know that Microsoft has to move forward and make 10 a little more approachable to customers that are familiar with android. What do you you think the chances are of MS listening to its user base that likes 8.1 so much and going back to 8.1 style a lil more?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro