Will you go with Cityman Or Talkman?

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Talkman for me......Just can't see myself liking a phone that is much bigger than 5 inches. My 928 is pretty much the perfect size for me, and the physical dimensions of the 950 are close to that, with a bigger screen :eek:rly:

I have been on Verizon for a few years, but will be switching back to ATT if this phone is only available on ATT. And for those who say "Just buy it outright from Microsoft store".....that doesn't work for me as this is a "paid for by my employer" phone. I'm fortunate that we have contracts with ATT and Verizon, although they want to drop ATT (hence my moving to Verizon a few years back from ATT originally).

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, after the Intel Surface Phone comes, I'm leaving Lumia and sticking with that if it serves not only business but as a good consumer device (the way Surface Pro does).

I feel Lumia probably wont be around (at least under MS) too much longer after release Surface Phone & continue their first party phones under that brand. Unless it gets popular?
Other OEM's are going to be jumping in & MS only needs one first party brand per sector of their Products (surface phone, surface, Ms band, hololens, Xbox)

Javteshwar

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah if Microsoft's strategy works they will only make business and flagship phone and what would be better than a Surface Phone? I am really excited about this device.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, after the Intel Surface Phone comes, I'm leaving Lumia and sticking with that if it serves not only business but as a good consumer device (the way Surface Pro does).

I feel Lumia probably wont be around (at least under MS) too much longer after release Surface Phone & continue their first party phones under that brand. Unless it gets popular?
Other OEM's are going to be jumping in & MS only needs one first party brand per sector of their Products (surface phone, surface, Ms band, hololens, Xbox)

Rubino said something recently that gave me pause about the "Surface Phone."

"Since this enterprise-focused phone is not a consumer flagship, it reasonable to assume the specs will be very good, but not out-of-the-ballpark expensive. Microsoft would likely to make a premium device for companies that can be bought en masse at a reasonable cost."

Microsoft on Windows Phone 'We've massively retrenched' but still focusing on core flagships for fans | Windows Central

If that's the case, I would bet that it may not have some of the same flagship like qualities as the Cityman or Talkman. Things like a high quality display, a high quality camera, qi charging, etc... May be missing. Sure, you'd have an intel processor. But there's a tradeoff.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Rubino said something recently that gave me pause about the "Surface Phone."

Microsoft on Windows Phone 'We've massively retrenched' but still focusing on core flagships for fans | Windows Central

If that's the case, I would bet that it may not have some of the same flagship like qualities as the Cityman or Talkman. Things like a high quality display, a high quality camera, qi charging, etc... May be missing. Sure, you'd have an intel processor. But there's a tradeoff.

Yeah that had me somewhat worried too. I hope it has all the flagship qualities alongside whatever other new things it may bring.
I mean the Surface was originally a business device, but it always had all the qualities of a popular consumer high end tablet PC... So hopefully the Surface Phone will follow the same route. Other wise this Surface phone wouldn't be too Surface-like at all

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I have to see how big the XL is before deciding. I would love built-in Qi since I have used it every day for three years. :)

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have to see how big the XL is before deciding. I would love built-in Qi since I have used it every day for three years. :)

It'll definitely be around the same size as the 640 XL, considering the fact that they have the exact same screen size, and a very similar form factor/design (judging by the leaks of course)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Against my better judgment I will buy another Windows Phone. Love my Icon except for the lack of apps, and I am still hoping that Universal apps rectifies that situation somewhat.

I'll go for the 950XL. Want something with a large screen and as good hardware as possible.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Waiting on release and waiting to see if Verizon gets it... .but, would be leaning towards the 950XL
Yikes. You're still willing to give Verizon your business after the Icon fiasco? I love their coverage but... I'm hoping they don't get it so I have an excuse to leave. Unlocked and no contract for me.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I want the XL but recently got a new job where i get zero cell coverage in my office. I'm hoping they will have wifi calling. I message my wife with Skype but can't expect everyone I know to move over to Skype in order to get a hold of me during the day. No wifi calling, that might be what actually drives me away from windows mobile.

My first world problems are so sad.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
If i could like get a job by the next week, and maintain the good work in school (highschool, yikes), and if i could manage to save enough money, i'd go for the xl, just out of curiosity for the bigger screen. But, considering that i'm from Bosnia and the unemployment rate here is something above the 50% i think, i'll just call it a dream not come true. Meh.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It really depends I'm in the not to excited about the design camp. However I want a WP10 phone so it will really come down to what T-Mobile decides to launch but my choice would be the 950XL I'm use to not getting the WP I want because of exclusive which appears to be the same as always. Though I could be tempted to look at cough 6plus dam exclusive. But wait I will October is close at hand and nothing right now is official. So hold and simmer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium