Will you go with Cityman Or Talkman?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the rumored specifications are correct, both phones will have screen resolutions of 2560 x 1440px. Therefore, what advantage is there to getting the 950XL? Are the pixels larger or spaced further apart? If the resolution is the same, you won't actually get more on the screen.
A bigger screen is in and of itself a boon for many when watching movies, TV, or playing games, even if the resolution stays the same. I want the bigger screen because I watch Netflix and other streaming shows a lot on my phone.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh and also the 950XL has support for the surface pen which 950 does not. Not to mention 810 vs. 808 and 3300 vs. 3000 battery. God MS edge really sucks on this site its missing tons of keystrokes.

Haha yeah I tried using WCentral on my Edge browser in the laptop and it's virtually impossible. Kind of Ironic.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'll probably find a store and actually hold them before purchasing. My 920 feels pretty large in my hands right now so going up a 1/2 to 1 inch might be too much. Granted I probably have smaller hands than most of the people on this forum, so my experience probably isn't normal.

Sadly my screen just cracked so the release date really needs to come quick!

shryx86

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft is looking into adding wi-fi calling with Windows 10 mobile. I'm not sure if it will be available at launch though.

shryx86

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will be selling the phones directly even if your carrier isn't selling the phone. You'll probably have to pay full price for th device, but it would be unlocked and off contract.

shryx86

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sadly my screen just cracked so the release date really needs to come quick!
Ouch, I'd say I still have a perfectly good condition 920 if you want to stick with that model, but the new devices are coming out soon. I upgraded to the 930 from the 920, and I like having the 1520 specs in the smaller size.

I'm probably going for the 950XL, but I want to see how it feels in my pocket first. The 1520 was a little too big for most of my pockets, and the "pointed" corners were an annoyance any time I sat down.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I love my 1520 but yesterday it fell out of my shirt pocket fell to the ground and cracked the screen so I will be upgrading to the 950 XL (sounds like an expensive Mercedes model LOL) the day it is released. I'm still hoping they release it at 6".

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
To those who expect a Surface phone, let me remind you that it may not be a flagship phone. Current leaks (well they are just leaks) doesn't show high end specs rather than just metal design.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
To those who expect a Surface phone, let me remind you that it may not be a flagship phone. Current leaks (well they are just leaks) doesn't show high end specs rather than just metal design.

It's seeming more and more that the initial surface phones are going to be targeted at enterprise rather than consumer based upon the latest "retrenched" article. The leaked specs probably aren't true based on the fact that the cameras can't even be run off the chip listed.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The rumors of the HTC A9 specs sound like a good upgrade from a 1520. That and the direction of WM10 make it an interesting contender.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am hoping that ATT picks up the 950 XL. If so Ill check it out and maybe buy it to supplant my 1520. If they don't then Ill wait on the Juggernaut Alpha aka Surface Phone.

SethGlenn

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
While I would love to wait for the Intel-based phone, my aging 920 needs to be replaced as soon as possible. I originally thought I'd get the 950, but having played with a 1520, and in light of Microsoft's new one-handed use feature, I'm thinking the 950 XL. I really want Wireless Charging like my 920 has, and I like the design of the XL. I'm really hoping we do get the Cyan color option, as the colors have always set Windows Phones apart(at least until a metal Surface Phone comes out). Planning on purchasing outright so I can upgrade to whatever the Surface Phone may be.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
While I would love to wait for the Intel-based phone, my aging 920 needs to be replaced as soon as possible. I originally thought I'd get the 950, but having played with a 1520, and in light of Microsoft's new one-handed use feature, I'm thinking the 950 XL. I really want Wireless Charging like my 920 has, and I like the design of the XL. I'm really hoping we do get the Cyan color option, as the colors have always set Windows Phones apart(at least until a metal Surface Phone comes out). Planning on purchasing outright so I can upgrade to whatever the Surface Phone may be.

Well i will have no second thoughts in selling one of my kidneys, or half of my liver, remains to be seen, if that Surface phone could run win32 apps, that would be just insane.

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Argh, can't decide....XL looks beautiful, but not yet ready for bigger pants. 5.2" perfect size but don't like the look. In the end I probably go with looks (and possible blue colour), should go well with surface pen

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking the 950. Had a 1520 for a while and it was just too big. This all depends on pricing. If I cant afford it right away, i may hold out with my 830 and go with a surface phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes