Will you go with Cityman Or Talkman?

sanien

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
L950XL if I dont find them too ugly which (personally) I do looking at the renders. Then I might need to downgrade to crapdriod until Surface Phone.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing the phones are going to look better at the October 6th event than the leaked renders. They show an old version of the OS too which looks pretty lame. I'm also thinking they will look cooler in person and feel better in the hand (hope).

Arponare

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll probably go with talkman or whichever one is the smallest physically. I do want a premium phone but I don't want to carry around a backpack specifically made for it.

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Once Microsoft releases them I plan on going to the local Microsoft store to hold them in my hand but currently the plan is to pick up the 950XL.

StarrWulfe

Aug 29, 2002
j7.textamerica.com
I'll take a 950XL to go please...

...And then use the proceeds of its sell value to finance the rumored Surface phone if it happens...

That's assuming all these work on Japanese LTE bands as well as US bands (and since the OnePlus One I own now does, there's no reason to think Cityman wouldn't either.)

MishuRO

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I already have a Talkman and, with the latest build, I started using it as a daily driver. So far, so good. Coming from a bigger handset, where I always needed to use both hands, this feels right for me. Most likely I will stick to it after launch.

2Supra4U

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I would probably go with the 950. However, I want Qi.
Don't get why its integrated into 950XL and not the 950, you need a flip case to have it??
Do not like flip cases, so there goes that.....

Also why the hell are they making 2 nearly identical flagships?
Basically the difference is a 6 core to an 8 core, a .5mm screen size difference, and the Qi if I am not mistaken??
(i dont GAF about metal camera rings or small differences like that). I'm taking strictly about hardware.

Anyone else thinking why? or is it just me
Would it have not been better to have a flagship as well as a mid to high end model as well?

My plan was to finally have pc,tablet,phone under the same platform.

I just recently bought one of those cheap chinese tablets (Teclast X98 Air II) to fill the tablet void I had, since I stopped using my BB Playbook like 2 years ago (used it for travelling, but stopped using a "tablet" when we got screwed out of BB10 upgrade for it). For what those chinese tablets are, they are a great bargin. I am running win10 on it and it runs smooth and fast. I would recommend to anyone looking for something cheaper. I just wish I had known about the X98 pro coming out because I would of got that instead (upgraded cpu,gpu and extra 2gb of ram).

I was to complete the set with a new windows phone, but I dont want the bigger one just to get Qi.
TBH, now that I have seen what can come from those chinese manufacturers, including seeing some of those cheap (but high spec) chinese phones as well, I am really hoping that one of those manufacturers does release a high spec W10 phone. I have seen a few rumors about a couple. If I can get a similar high spec chinese phone that is close to what is being offered my microsoft, I think i will try out that route first.

fingers crossed...

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I already have a Talkman and, with the latest build, I started using it as a daily driver. So far, so good. Coming from a bigger handset, where I always needed to use both hands, this feels right for me. Most likely I will stick to it after launch.
Really? Does it have Qi, or does that require a case? Weight? Tell us more!

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Also why the hell are they making 2 nearly identical flagships?

Because some people want a humongous phablet, while others just want a normal sized display. I'm actually somewhat upset that they didn't make them more identical. The way they set up these phones, people who simply want the smaller device are also getting the inferior device, due to hardware differences. They should just put qi and the best processor possible in BOTH of them... These two phones should be exactly the same but just two different sizes...

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Because some people want a humongous phablet, while others just want a normal sized display. I'm actually somewhat upset that they didn't make them more identical. The way they set up these phones, people who simply want the smaller device are also getting the inferior device, due to hardware differences. They should just put qi and the best processor possible in BOTH of them... These two phones should be exactly the same but just two different sizes...

Respectfully, to play devil's advocate, they tried that and it didn't work. There comes a point when a company can't be all things to all people. There's a reason that MS moved to a strategy of focusing on fewer market segments. In doing so, there must be some concessions. the 950 allows them to have a "value" offering at the high end and enables those who would otherwise be purchasing a midrange device to avoid a perceived downgrade to something like the 640XL.

Joabe Alves1

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I enjoyed the Lumia 950 XL, well designed and satisfying. 950 I do not like the design, plus it's super top !! Here in Brazil I heard a lot of criticism from both devices!

Last edited:

Fred_EM

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No. Definitely no.

I'll buy an x86 phone
and will wait patiently til a Surface phone is available
or some other vendors will offer attractive concepts.

ARM no more. Done with it.
If it's Windows it better comes with x86.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12