Will you go with Cityman Or Talkman?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you're in the midst of a bout of frustration, hissy fit, or just generally become a bitter crybaby then take a walk.

If you're still a fan and excited about the upcoming hardware, which are you going with?. I personally am not a fan of phablets so I'm going with Talkman. The overheating issues with the 808 were my only real concern and Qualcomm has been working on addressing this since early this year. I prefer a 5 inch device that I can operate while eating a slice of pizza so I'm all in for Talkman.

My HTC One has served me well bit they don't appear eager to release an M9 with Windows and I honestly feel like less of a supporter with a non Lumia.

So which are you buying in November? Again if you're a grumpy old man please dot bother replying with " neither grrrrrr because ___". Tell your story walking.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not yet sure if I want them, but If I had to choose I'd go for 950 XL, for it's big screen and metal ring around the camera, because I could attach magnetic Lens and as the flash is far away enough from the camera Lens it's just perfect.

Then there's Iris Scanner.. Would be amazing to pay (password) with your face instead of just finger print :D just an idea.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
the 950 .... maybe. I've got to have hands-on feel. I need to see if 5.2 inches will work for me. I've determined that a 5 inch screen is max for my comfort and I'm not sure about 5.2. I'll see. If not, I'm happy with my 830 and M8.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Still undecided. Want to hold them in my hand first, but leaning toward 950. Am still curious to hear more about the 850 too.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
A 950 for me but only after reading reviews, I've been using a 640 for a while to test the windows phone waters and i like it, performance is key for me and if it has resuming....and loading...... issues then i may wait and stick with the 640 till the rumored surface phone appears next May (?)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
the 950 .... maybe. I've got to have hands-on feel. I need to see if 5.2 inches will work for me. I've determined that a 5 inch screen is max for my comfort and I'm not sure about 5.2. I'll see. If not, I'm happy with my 830 and M8.

I agree about 5 inches being my comfort zone. I'll have to live with 5.2 but 5 is optimal. I own an HTC One and it's the perfect size.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have not quite a year left to pay off my Icon, so I'll probably hang onto it for a while beyond launch, but if Talkman becomes available in a configuration that will work on Verizon, whether Verizon sells it or not, I'll eventually get it. The Cityman just seems too big for me. I think the Icon is just the perfect size, and I'm hoping that the Cityman manages to get the larger screen into the phone without much increase in overall size by decreasing the bezel. We'll see, though... I'm taking the wait and see approach, but really, it depends most on whether one does indeed become available that will work on Verizon.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I need the QI charging built-in, it looks like the smaller device may only get it with a custom case, which means I couldn't then pick any case I might want. That'll be the deal breaker for me.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Team Cityman!

It has the more Beautiful Design IMO & I really love big screen phones (I really enjoy using my Lumia 1520 ;) :) :D )

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
And does anybody else feel these phones have a Surface vibe to them...

Almost as if Nokia was moving towards more sophisticated designs before becoming Microsoft Mobile. First the 930, then the 950 & 950xl designs...

Just a though ;)

Amano800

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'd definitely would get the 950xl. However it would be after the reviews come in.

My main concerns are the snapdragon 810's heat and throttling issues, but if they are resolved with whatever revision chip then I would definitely be interested.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
If I decide to upgrade from Lumia 1520, it would have to be the 950 XL. I'm so spoiled by the 1520's 6" display, that I can't go back to a smaller device.

However, unless the Cityman / Talkman cameras feature substantially better camera optics (since we know that the megapixel count is unchanged from 1520 & 930), I will stick with my beloved Lumia 1520 and wait for a Snapdragon 820 Lumia... hopefully a Lumia 1020 successor with fabula design body shape.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I doubt the fabula design is going to make a come back under Microsoft Mobile. Same goes for a 1020 successor.

Although by the things I've seen lately, some manufacturer is bound to pick it up and use it on their own phones sooner or later..

(the new Moto g (aka Moto Lumia 620) copied Nokia's camera strip design, apple copied Nokia's live images, the iPhone 5c highly resembled a 20' series Lumia)

Companies are clearly eating bits of Nokia's leftovers

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Both are bigger phones than I want, I'll likely hang onto my Icon for a while. Even though I'm hopeful for W10M, I want to see the public release.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm likely going Cityman.

As a Verizon user, I always kinda felt sad about not being able to get a 1520.3. I love my Lumia Icon. But I really preferred the 1520's design. And the more I thought about it, the more i realized i'd rather have the 1520's size as well. But now i have a bit more flexibility to pick my carrier. So I will be heading over my AT&T and grabbing me a 950XL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro