Elephone Vowney W10 QHD display and 3GB for just $300

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The catch is that these are low quality chinese phones, which, as far as i know, do not last very long, and despite having high mp cameras on paper, in reality they're very poor and can't compare to my mid-range 80$ 640. Also i have heard that many of FFC don't even work, so yeah.

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
The catch is that these are low quality chinese phones, which, as far as i know, do not last very long, and despite having high mp cameras on paper, in reality they're very poor and can't compare to my mid-range 80$ 640. Also i have heard that many of FFC don't even work, so yeah.
I hear ya - like the looks, but worried about camera quality and quality overall. With a Lumia you can always go to a Microsoft store if problems, not sure what you do if you get Elephant... now if the MSFT Store sold one, that might lure me (but still thinker camera will be ....)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I hear ya - like the looks, but worried about camera quality and quality overall. With a Lumia you can always go to a Microsoft store if problems, not sure what you do if you get Elephant... now if the MSFT Store sold one, that might lure me (but still thinker camera will be ....)

There's like 1% of chances that MS will sell these phones. I mean, most of the people never heard of them, and quite frankly, as i sad, they're poore quality. My friend had an Andriod chineese, not this one, bit similiar, and honestly it was pretty bad. She broke the screen after the first drop, and she's not tall and considering that the phone's in your pocket, it wasn't more than 1m of height. All in all, extraordinary on the paper, very poor in the reality.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the more important general observation is to say: Look at how Chinese manufacturers have impacted the Android market and forced a number of otherwise high-end manufacturers into a whirlwind of direct competition. The result? A far more competitive midrange market top to bottom.

The high end still belongs with traditional powers (because people are still willing to pay more for what they consider a "premium" brand. But in the middle, where there's (sadly) HTC and (increasingly) LG, manufacturers like Huawei, Xiaomi, ASUS, and now Lenovo (by way of the Motorola brand), are creating so much value that it's a veritable smorgasbord of great phones.

I can only hope that these manufacturers who are willing to take a chance on Windows Mobile actually end up growing the OS to the point where it draws in higher-end brands also.

So, for our sake, I hope China and India love this Elephone handset...it might prompt other OEMs to jump in and make more handsets....which is what MS wants and what we should want also (if we ever want to see the OS grow)

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
If they can actually get a dual boot phone running correctly and it holds up to the daily rigors of use then I will certainly be interested in getting one to try.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes