Lumia 950 & 950 XL Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amro Shalaby

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
A Spanish retailer has revealed exactly how much they expect to charge in that country
There the Dual-SIM Lumia 950 (RM-1116) will cost 659 Euro ($738, ?476) and the Lumia 950 XL (RM-1118) will costs 749 Euro ($838, ?540).

Source

Last edited:

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the "exchange rate" in phone prices has usually been a little reversed, so that the same model actually sold for less dollars in USA than the Euro price in Europe.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
WRONG!!!!

The 950 will cost $15,746 USD, and the 950 XL will cost $20,546 USD..

I have held the devices, seen the devices, heard the devices, smelled the devices, and tasted the devices. MY sources have also confirmed these prices.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to say. Look at all these premium phones coming out for dirt cheap. These phones cost less than budget MS phones and are way over on the power spectrum. If stuff like this continues android will steal even more market share and of course MS will topple if it over prices their products. Apple is a brand so people will still buy it because well let's just say people put apple logos on their cars lol.

The new xiaomi mi

-Snapdragon 808 (same as LG G4)
-Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57
-Adreno 418
-13-megapixel camera sensor with phase-detection autofocus.
- USB Type-C port
-MIUI-flavored Android 5.0
battery: 3,040mAh,
-5-inch 1080p IPS panel
-dual-SIM capabilities,
-The 16GB version with 2GB of RAM ($204),
-Tthe 32GB version with 3GB of RAM ($235).

Xiaomi will sell a flagship Android phone for $204

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well. I'll take this this leak with a large grain of salt.

But, if these prices end up being close to actual, then MS is just nuts. They need to bring these two phones in at a much lower price point. If they don't, then it's just a wasted effort of their part. And a waste of our time.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to say. Look at all these premium phones coming out for dirt cheap. These phones cost less than budget MS phones and are way over on the power spectrum. If stuff like this continues android will steal even more market share and of course MS will topple if it over prices their products. Apple is a brand so people will still buy it because well let's just say people put apple logos on their cars lol.

The new xiaomi mi

-Snapdragon 808 (same as LG G4)
-Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57
-Adreno 418
-13-megapixel camera sensor with phase-detection autofocus.
- USB Type-C port
-MIUI-flavored Android 5.0
battery: 3,040mAh,
-5-inch 1080p IPS panel
-dual-SIM capabilities,
-The 16GB version with 2GB of RAM ($204),
-Tthe 32GB version with 3GB of RAM ($235).

Xiaomi will sell a flagship Android phone for $204

But remember those are just specs. If you want excellent build quality, construction, and 10/10 polish. Not to mention new quality features that require new sensors or more advanced engineering or is brand new tech to the consumer world. That'll all add to the costs.

Just something to consider.

Those cheap high spec'd android phones don't exactly bring the things I mentioned, Just high specs.

Although considering what the designs for the upcoming Lumia flagships look to be,I think that is the approach Microsoft is taking with Lumia.

Low price, high specs, unimpressive build

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
A Spanish retailer has revealed exactly how much they expect to charge in that country
There the Dual-SIM Lumia 950 (RM-1116) will cost 659 Euro ($738, ?476) and the Lumia 950 XL (RM-1118) will costs 749 Euro ($838, ?540).

Source

These prices seems legit. Its just that they will sell for the same number in dollars.

$659 & $749 or even lower. It's usually like that. The prices in EU & UK are always higher, though factories aren't even in the US, so including shipping and taxes to Europe doesn't make sense.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
But the aesthetics & build quality of these phones may take us by surprise and turn out to be excellent ;)

True, but a rumor said it may come with lots of accessories including the docking station, possibly a smart cover and a stylus pen. If that's the case it may be more worth it at a higher price. But would be interesting to see if they have one they sell without the accessories, as some may already get the accessories for another phone and decide to upgrade.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
These prices seems legit. Its just that they will sell for the same number in dollars.

$659 & $749 or even lower. It's usually like that. The prices in EU & UK are always higher, though factories aren't even in the US, so including shipping and taxes to Europe doesn't make sense.

I'm in Canada and our dollar is worthless right now so people won't pay that much. $659 USD is 875 CAD right now.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Something else to consider is that to a certain extent we perceive quality by a product's price. If Microsoft sets the price of the 950/XL too low, it will be looked at as a mid or even low end device instead of the upper end it really is.

Blind tests have proven time and time again that our perception is in some cases more important than reality. Set the price high, and although it won't sell as many, the overall satisfaction by its users will likely be higher.

Note: all of this has its limits of course, but in general it applies.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Something else to consider is that to a certain extent we perceive quality by a product's price. If Microsoft sets the price of the 950/XL too low, it will be looked at as a mid or even low end device instead of the upper end it really is.

Blind tests have proven time and time again that our perception is in some cases more important than reality. Set the price high, and although it won't sell as many, the overall satisfaction by its users will likely be higher.

Very true also

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes I'm always telling my parents when their cheap products break. "you get what you paid for"

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think these prices would be too high. I would sit out for 12 months at this level.

Then again, the wife wants an S6 Edge, and we're waiting a bit for that for the same reason, while plenty of people bought them new.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well. I'll take this this leak with a large grain of salt.

But, if these prices end up being close to actual, then MS is just nuts. They need to bring these two phones in at a much lower price point. If they don't, then it's just a wasted effort of their part. And a waste of our time.
I don't think the prices will be that high BUT companies have done much stupider things in the past. I think MS has said these are to satisfy fanbois (paraphrasing). But if they meant that was all these are for, then they might make them crazy expensive if they expect to sell so few they would lose money at any price, might as well gouge all they can. Not saying I think they will, just saying...

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
If the prices are correct, then I think for flagships these are ok prices and I would buy them at that price. It's cheaper than Apple and Google's prices on launch and on a par with Blackberry's prices.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
But remember those are just specs. If you want excellent build quality, construction, and 10/10 polish. Not to mention new quality features that require new sensors or more advanced engineering or is brand new tech to the consumer world. That'll all add to the costs.

Just something to consider.

Those cheap high spec'd android phones don't exactly bring the things I mentioned, Just high specs.

Although considering what the designs for the upcoming Lumia flagships look to be,I think that is the approach Microsoft is taking with Lumia.

Low price, high specs, unimpressive build

If you haven't held a Xiaomi phone in your hand don't talk about unimpressive build. They are built better than most devices. I have sampled Redmi 2, Xiaomi Mi Note Bamboo Edition, Xiaomi Mi4i, Xiaomi Mi Note Pro so I know what I am talking about. The Bamboo Edition Mi Note put every wood back Moto device to shame and the Note 5 that everyone is raving about actually copied the curved glass back from Xiaomi so if you haven't used a device don't comment on unimpressive build quality and Xiaomi cameras actually can hold their own against Lumia devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte