Lumia 950 & 950 XL Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't held a Xiaomi phone in your hand don't talk about unimpressive build. They are built better than most devices. I have sampled Redmi 2, Xiaomi Mi Note Bamboo Edition, Xiaomi Mi4i, Xiaomi Mi Note Pro so I know what I am talking about. The Bamboo Edition Mi Note put every wood back Moto device to shame and the Note 5 that everyone is raving about actually copied the curved glass back from Xiaomi so if you haven't used a device don't comment on unimpressive build quality and Xiaomi cameras actually can hold their own against Lumia devices.

I was not directly commenting on that specific Xiaomi device, or Xiaomi devices in general at all. That's not the impression I was trying to give.

The person I quoted was presenting a device that had high specs and a low price. I was simply proposing that a lot of the android devices that have these good specs and low prices usually have lesser build quality, and don't bring much to the table other than their specs. I wasn't trying to comment on that specific device. My perspectives on this generally come from some in hand usage of various phones, photos, and reviews. My opinion on what are good premium aesthetics may differ from yours also. My comment was general not a specific attack at some Xiaomi device.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I was not directly commenting on that specific Xiaomi device, or Xiaomi devices in general at all. That's not the impression I was trying to give.

The person I quoted was presenting a device that had high specs and a low price. I was simply proposing that a lot of the android devices that have these good specs and low prices usually have lesser build quality, and don't bring much to the table other than their specs. I wasn't trying to comment on that specific device. My perspectives on this generally come from some in hand usage of various phones, photos, and reviews. My opinion on what are good premium aesthetics may differ from yours also. My comment was general not a specific attack at some Xiaomi device.

The device quoted was a Xiaomi Mi4C launched yesterday in China with specs similar (nearly identical) to Lumia 950 so my comment does apply...

triageatdawn

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Looks like I'm gonna have to work my *** off cause I'm in dire need of a flagship Windows phone. It's funny if you think about it - you can get the 640 and its bigger sister for 190-240 euros, the upcoming flagships will probably cost around 620-800 euros but for 300, 400 and 500 euros you'll get nothing (counting the latest devices only). What a gap. :amaze:

erfanjafar

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Agreed! My personal experience with one of the lenovo android device, grat specs but wasn't able to compete with even the mid range devices like 720, 640, moto g, etc.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Those prices are absurd, if they translate to USD in the states. The US prices should be $200-300 less than that. I'm not signing up for a $750 phone whose guts are about to be replaced by the rest of the industry, especially since they aren't high-end parts in the first place (808, not the 810). These things should be $550 and $650, not almost $750 and $850.

Honestly, if those are the prices they launch at, I might just be sticking with the 920 for a bit longer. I was going to take a 950 (since Microsoft sucks and isn't allegedly getting the XL onto AT&T), since the Intel device was to be a ways off, but at these prices, I'd rather wait.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Those prices are absurd, if they translate to USD in the states. The US prices should be $200-300 less than that. I'm not signing up for a $750 phone whose guts are about to be replaced by the rest of the industry, especially since they aren't high-end parts in the first place (808, not the 810). These things should be $550 and $650, not almost $750 and $850.

Honestly, if those are the prices they launch at, I might just be sticking with the 920 for a bit longer. I was going to take a 950 (since Microsoft sucks and isn't allegedly getting the XL onto AT&T), since the Intel device was to be a ways off, but at these prices, I'd rather wait.
Those 750$ are almost 1200BAM, my country's currency, so yes, it is expensive, but again, it's a premium device. And it bothers you that 950 is 808 rather than 810, God, someone slap me in my face. All you know is hearing others talking about Lumia phones having outdated hardware and now you're just repeating their words without any understanding, knowledge or whatsoever, and honestly, people like you really pisses me off.
950/xl's hardware is pretty much up to date, so please educate before trying to make a statement.

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
950XL is a day one purchase for me.... I am probably one of the biggest windows mobile supporters.... Ever since I had the 900 it caused me to switch from another ecosystem to only microsofts

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
WRONG!!!!

The 950 will cost $15,746 USD, and the 950 XL will cost $20,546 USD..

I have held the devices, seen the devices, heard the devices, smelled the devices, and tasted the devices. MY sources have also confirmed these prices.

Are this numbers CORRECT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
WRONG!!!!

The 950 will cost $15,746 USD, and the 950 XL will cost $20,546 USD..

I have held the devices, seen the devices, heard the devices, smelled the devices, and tasted the devices. MY sources have also confirmed these prices.
Apple just saw your post and is scrambling to raise the price of the 6S even higher. As all iPhone users know, the goodness of a phone is in direct proportion to its price. ;)

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
True, but a rumor said it may come with lots of accessories including the docking station, possibly a smart cover and a stylus pen. If that's the case it may be more worth it at a higher price. But would be interesting to see if they have one they sell without the accessories, as some may already get the accessories for another phone and decide to upgrade.

Won't happen right out of the gate. Remember Xbox One and Connect?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Those 750$ are almost 1200BAM, my country's currency, so yes, it is expensive, but again, it's a premium device. And it bothers you that 950 is 808 rather than 810, God, someone slap me in my face. All you know is hearing others talking about Lumia phones having outdated hardware and now you're just repeating their words without any understanding, knowledge or whatsoever, and honestly, people like you really pisses me off.
950/xl's hardware is pretty much up to date, so please educate before trying to make a statement.

Normally, I aim for reasoned responses. However, your mentally defunct assumptions have turned that filter off.

You ignorant child, I know what I'm speaking of. You think I'm regurgitating things, but I'm 800 miles ahead of regurgitation. I primarily guide my family's tech purchases. I'm in a CS master's program. I build my own computers. Not to call any of those things particularly impressive, just to say that I'm not some mindless drone who isn't following tech closely and understanding things before I speak.

Yeah, it's an asinine reality when something with an SoC just north of mid-range is getting slapped with an ultra-premium price tag because of some stupid iris scanning tech many people probably don't care much about, if at all. It's pretty bad when these are looking to outpace Apple hardware in price, when the #1 thing that Apple does consistently is overprice things. So, yeah, when I read that the 950 (supposedly the only upcoming offering on AT&T that isn't a pile of budget trash) can't be bothered to carry the high-end chip on its way out, and that it's going to cost MORE than the high-dollar brand's offering, I'm going to speak negatively of that. It's simply pathetic, especially when paired with how half-assed the software in W10M is (delayed Android and iOS compilers, sub-par media apps).

But I know what the hell I'm reading. I know what the hell I'm saying. You're the pathetic ****** who can't get his head back out of his rear because he's too busy fighting logic with false accusations, no facts or reasoned argument, and nothing even remotely resembling a brain. you can take a look at my comment history as deeply as you wish. You can see that I thoroughly explain what I say, and if something's worth praise, I'll give it (except it's been 2+ years since WP has seen such a reality). You can see that I was calling out this inferior hardware shenanigans from the moment it was rumored. LOL if you think I regurgitate things from other people on these matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb