950 / 950XL cases showing up on Amazon.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the announcement on Oct. 5 will be that the phones are in stores and ready to sell???

Seems odd that a case would be up for sell at the end of September when the phones aren't expected to be released till November.

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I really like these cases - I was going to go XL because I personally think it looks pretty sweet (the 950 renders? not so much), but with that case (I hate cases) I think the 950 might just be the ticket.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't noticed that the 950XL has stereo speakers - when you hold the phone for a movie you will get left and right audio...

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the announcement on Oct. 5 will be that the phones are in stores and ready to sell???

Seems odd that a case would be up for sell at the end of September when the phones aren't expected to be released till November.
I recall that something very similar was done when the Microsoft Band was revealed. We all knew it existed, and knew bits and pieces about what it was and what it would do... but then Microsoft officially unveiled it and announced that it'd go live the next day.

I think that was ridiculously successful. The hype for it skyrocketed immediately, it sold out everywhere immediately, it was damn near impossible to get for the longest time - and the result of that had people paying twice their MSRP just to get their hands on one. If Microsoft were to make that a staple then they could get consistency under their belts. Apple has a system of controlled and consistent releases that prove very successful for the iPhone. With so much at stake with the 950/950XL, Microsoft would do well to get organized.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
All you need is the dimensions and renders to create cases. They may change after the announcement based on placement of different objects. This is why these are "pre-order".

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I recall that something very similar was done when the Microsoft Band was revealed. We all knew it existed, and knew bits and pieces about what it was and what it would do... but then Microsoft officially unveiled it and announced that it'd go live the next day.

I think that was ridiculously successful. The hype for it skyrocketed immediately, it sold out everywhere immediately, it was damn near impossible to get for the longest time - and the result of that had people paying twice their MSRP just to get their hands on one. If Microsoft were to make that a staple then they could get consistency under their belts. Apple has a system of controlled and consistent releases that prove very successful for the iPhone. With so much at stake with the 950/950XL, Microsoft would do well to get organized.

Let's hope AT&T are not involved then!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa