10-18-2015 11:48 PM
327 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I really disappointed about last leaks. Can you believe that this is Microsoft's flagship model of 2015? 550 is even more closer to design I've thought.
    Well some here think that is :)) Wish them luck spending a lot of cash on them. Windows phones lose their resale value quickly so not worth investing in them.
    aXross likes this.
    10-02-2015 02:32 AM
    To all people woried about lack of colour options.. Chinese manufacturers will make most probably replacement in various colours after a month or two. At least for my 735 there are options of colours which aren't original, like yellow.
    Maybe even MSFT will have replacement covers in different colours.
    Few bucks up and down when you already can spend like 500-700 euros aren't a big deal.

And also, while it sounds crazy, having colourful options may have do the bad thing to sales. Phones looked different
    and striking,and fact is, while we appreciatethat,most of people don't want that and like to be part of massesand not to feel different. I think that is what is changed, MSFT is targeting masses, not fans like you and me anymore.

That saying, theu should have gone with metal design if they wanted masses...

Personally, I'm torn between positive and negative about design, like it and don't. I like whote much more than black. Will see how it is executed, I like glossy white of 640 but don't like matte on 640 xl, but at same time xl's design looks much better to me.
    Will see, for sure I won't buy them until their second hand price,is below 200euros xD
    10-02-2015 03:00 AM
    yuk they look ugly ..!
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    10-02-2015 03:53 AM
    yuk they look ugly ..!
    a russian retail store has them listed at 775 EUR for 950 and 865 EUR for 950XL - converted from Russian RUB. LOL!!! :)))))
    10-02-2015 05:24 AM
    It is so goddamn expensive!
    mariusmuntean and iggim like this.
    10-02-2015 05:45 AM
    And the proof that I'm not talking nonsense about the retail prices on the russian website:
    Go Here
    10-02-2015 06:04 AM
    And the proof that I'm not talking nonsense about the retail prices on the russian website:
    Go Here
    I may be misremembering things, but aren't Russian smartphone prices very high even when compared to Western Europe, let alone the US?
    10-02-2015 06:12 AM
    They look cheap imo
    iggim and aXross like this.
    10-02-2015 06:13 AM
    I take it you just like to hear yourself talk with comments like that. You haven't even seen one of the new 950's and you make claims about how they don't look good enough for a Flagship phone. The images we've been able to look at have ALL been renders until the most recent slip by MSFT UK, and then those are only sales images. Let's give it a REST until they are released and we can HOLD them in our hands and decide just how suitable a Flagship device they are or are not!
    Neah..I won't bother even checking them out in the stores. Better go play with some nice looking galaxy phones, some ipads or macbooks.
    10-02-2015 06:29 AM
    Once the phone is purchased, realistically, looks don't matter. No, I'm not a fan of what these phones look like. Yes, I think my Galaxy Note 5 looks a lot better. However, that's before the phone is in the case. Face it, the vast, vast, VAST majority of these phones will end up in cases. Once in the case, it doesn't matter what the back is made of or what it looks like or how many fingerprints the material will pick up. It's in a case!
    Not when you use a transparent case :) or an OEM case frrom Samsung which are awesome, especially those with s-view.
    10-02-2015 06:31 AM
    Those people saying that 950 and 950XL are beautiful phones are either blind or just a fanboy to the highest level. Come on. It's ugly, uninspired and cheap looking. And those round edges makes me puke. We deserve a better looking phones than these garbage looking ones.
    I don't even bother waiting. It's pretty clear to me that Microsoft does not have a good design team for the phone division, or simply they are too stingy to hire some. Design horrible, app ecosystem a hit and miss, most apps are either missing or are way outdated, MS's own apps work better on other platforms, and look better, great games can be found 90% of them on the other platforms, good cameras can be found on many other phones: s6,note 5, z5, iph 6S, lg g4, customer support is completely out of any quality at MS (my own experience), and an OS that is so close to finish line and still works like a broken toy, bugs, lags, horrible design like a shrinked down PC version....why would I then spend over 700 EUR or even over 500 EUR on these two? :)))) no way, I'm done with MS's ditch and run policies: WP7.8, WinRT.
    10-02-2015 06:37 AM
    So from a photo and preview OS, you have made a decision?? At least wait until the devices have been released before you head for the exit.... Incredible!!!!
    10-02-2015 06:41 AM
    Hi, just a few remarks. The phones (for better or for worse) are not so unlike previous generations of Lumia. I wish we had the variety of color (not pastel or highlighter colors) as previous generations offered. I've owned many a Lumia 920, 1520, 830 and I have to say the metal band of the 830 is slick. But I think I like it because of its squarish design. It isn't practical. It dings hard and the paint wears. You don't have this problem with the poly-carbonate. In hand, poly-carbonate certainly does not "look" cheap or feel it. But as with all things subjective, I guess that is up to the individual to decide. I could see arguing "not ground breaking" since its a rehashed tried true and tested design choice, but not really just "cheap" and "uninspired." I honest to goodness think we should all reserve judgement until we have them to hold in our hands. I feel the same way about the software start button bar vs hardware.
    Polycarb. can be made to look premium if you have a good design team. Look at 930 as it is not all metal, only the frame is, look at 1520. two very nice looking phones, very nice. but these two are the result of Microsoft's cost cutting policies...resulting in less good team members...ending up with a couple of low cost design phones sold as premium...and they expect to attract android and ios users...lol :)))))) even some existing WP users will jump ship to others...
    aXross and iggim like this.
    10-02-2015 06:41 AM
    All the specs are better than iPhone 6s. Please explain your ignorant comment. Microsoft phones have always been priced very competitive compared to the company that features an apple on the front.
    And always failed to sell well...iphone 6s on paper has lower specs in RAM and CPU. Graphics power on the iphone is on the top. And still works flawlessly and sells like hotcake. Why? because it has a good ecosystem behind, a good design and engineering team that make much fewer mistakes than MS's. it has beautiful apps, updated some of them on a weekly basis, it has support from carriers, eve MS's services and apps work and look better on an iphone or android device.
    aXross likes this.
    10-02-2015 06:46 AM
    The 950 still be mine on day one. I think the phones look ok but I'm excited still
    10-02-2015 06:47 AM
    So from a photo and preview OS, you have made a decision?? At least wait until the devices have been released before you head for the exit.... Incredible!!!!
    Yes from my previous experience with MS, from photos which in case of other flagships, look good, even in leaked renders, and from a beta OS that is close to finish line and is still a joke! Design is simply out of place, and lags, is no longer fluid as 8 and 8.1 were. I could have gone past the horrible design, and waited for a 950XL but with 8.1 on it, not 10 :)
    10-02-2015 06:51 AM
    To all people woried about lack of colour options.. Chinese manufacturers will make most probably replacement in various colours after a month or two. At least for my 735 there are options of colours which aren't original, like yellow.
    Maybe even MSFT will have replacement covers in different colours.
    Few bucks up and down when you already can spend like 500-700 euros aren't a big deal.

And also, while it sounds crazy, having colourful options may have do the bad thing to sales. Phones looked different
    and striking,and fact is, while we appreciatethat,most of people don't want that and like to be part of massesand not to feel different. I think that is what is changed, MSFT is targeting masses, not fans like you and me anymore.

That saying, theu should have gone with metal design if they wanted masses...

Personally, I'm torn between positive and negative about design, like it and don't. I like whote much more than black. Will see how it is executed, I like glossy white of 640 but don't like matte on 640 xl, but at same time xl's design looks much better to me.
    Will see, for sure I won't buy them until their second hand price,is below 200euros xD
    This is true, but sometimes they might not fit :( It seems safer to go with the OEM colors. I learned this the hard way.
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    10-02-2015 07:38 AM
    10-02-2015 07:42 AM
    I'll just leave this here.uploadfromtaptalk1443792087427.jpg

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 08:21 AM
    I like it a lot! I currently have a 830, and can't wait for the 950/950XL to be relased for sale so I can get my hands on a flagship again. Had a 930 before the 830, and to be honest I think it was to heavy and thick. I'm also not a fan of the elevated/curved glass on the screen. It's just a gimmick design thing and brought no real value.
    The on screen keys doesn't bother me that much, but I would prefer at least one hardware button for accessing the startmenu. The only thing I miss from my IPhone days is that button. Apple did a great job with that.
    10-02-2015 08:27 AM
    I'm laughing at the people saying these aren't flagships. The specs on these phones are awesome, and the polycarbonate design, as much as you hate it, allows for a replaceable battery, SD card support and (less importantly) wireless charging.
    A bit more than 32GB of storage wouldn't hurt as some other flagships have much more than that, but from that to saying these are mid range devices, there's a long way.
    In terms of design, I prefer the 950XL, the camera on the back looks a lot better than the 950's, but they're both nice. From my experience with the 640 though, holding the device is much better than just seeing it.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-02-2015 09:10 AM
    The designs are tasteful but far from a cutting edge landmark which would persuade people to switch from their Android or iOS trenches.
    10-02-2015 09:33 AM
    I think MS Mobile division managers are stupid or thay want definitive buried into the ground whole mobile division. They have so many beauty renders for new flagship for example: 1420736160_lumia-1530-concept-microsoft-needs-build-469341-2.jpg

and thay finally comes with ugly cheap looking phone which is very similar to Lumia 530 which cost few bucks...

I'm big MS fan, but so ugly phone i never buy!!!
    Maybe OEM producers like XIAOMI, ALCATEL, ASUS make much nicer phone...
    10-02-2015 09:33 AM
    I'm liking them both; especially the 950. I'm strongly considering buying that phone.
    10-02-2015 10:39 AM
    They are awfully plain looking phones and coupled with no color choices automatically relegates them as midrange. I've kind of lost interest in mobile phones and just use them for communication lately. I'm not sure what to do. There is nothing exciting on horizon. We need Nokia back.
    aXross and iggim like this.
    10-02-2015 11:39 AM
327 ... 89101112 ...