Lumia 950/950XL flagships design - like it or not?

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's not that metal phones in WP land have no precedent. Nokia themselves made the 925 and 830. Why can't MS reuse those designs, instead of coming up with this?

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Lumia Flagship and Mid Range Smartphones should have design language having smooth rounded Metal frames, like that of Xperia Z5 with polycarbonate back shell would be awesome, like that of Lumia 830.
Don't need full metal like Htc M9, or fully removable back shells like that of Lumia 640 or 730, or metal and glass like Samsung Note 5.

illy khan

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
why on earth would they move buttons on the screen...that sucks

Imo is better than capacitative ones on my 1020 and 930. Touch tbem accidentally is so often, then you must go search for your app or in browser accidentally go back.
Best solution for me are hardware buttons, but appears that this is more expensive.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
why on earth would they move buttons on the screen...that sucks

I think this has been explained a lot over the past year. Moving the buttons on screen will allow more mfg to reuse their existing designs for wp.

And also accidental hitting of the physical buttons, which I did a lot on my 1020, but I do not do on my new 640 XL (cyan), which I might add, is a great phone. It has some issues but overall, I like it. I get complimented on it all the time.

The whole metal vs poly, well, I could care less. My 640 XL is fine the way it is. With cell plans changing in the US, I think people are going to be more price conscious than they have in the past.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a 735, they actually turn of the pixels on the three navigation bar after a while, it kind of greys it out but you can just hide them as well.

What were you guys expecting?
They look great by the way. So slim and the back l looks incredible.//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/2fda7d44aaca6861d0883373f709ee4e.png//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/9ee75290b79538f0a99fc88377edd54a.png

Yah they look nice. But it's just weird having that bezel at the bottom with no use. Usually companies have the buttons on the bezel or something there. In the case of iphone it's the one button. The navbar blends in with the bezel too making it look even larger.

badboody

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
First you cant make ur opinion based of photo of slid show pic.... u cant see the real 3D view of the mobile from that.... when I looked of the leaked picture of the mobile that was removed u can see that there is carves and looks much better than the slid show pic ....then we come to most important thing in Lumia mobiles is that when u hold the mobile in ur hand u know the quality of the device and how its way better than the competitor's last ,thing u cant compare this to Lumia 1520 or any non removable battery devices , and this will take us to why most of people are not so happy with how it looks and yet that what people asked for (removable battery device).....so u cant have both slick design and removable battery.
I know one thing for sure that once its in the store I will compare it to my Lumia 1520 while I am there and make up my mind yet I know it wont be fair to compere two years old mobile with brand new one .....!!

Anthony Vangeli

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting to see how the camera stacks up more than anything, though I truly hate how Lumia Camera 5 (and now Windows Camera) handles image processing.

If it's a marginally improved camera (as that's exactly what I'm expecting; the 1520/930 sensor with tweaked lenses,) I hope Samsung releases a Galaxy S6/Edge/+/Note for Windows and supplies their own camera app. As it stands, ever since LC5 I've hated my 1520, and as it stands, the best Lumia camera in the world can't make up for the **** Windows Camera will do to the photos captured.

I'd totally go for a Galaxy S6 Edge+ for Windows if it were available in white and Microsoft didn't force Samsung to ruin the home key (and the beautiful front design overall) by plastering the Windows logo onto it.

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
"so u cant have both slick design and removable battery."

Why not? A removable battery usually involves a portion of the back panel.

malabhau

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I hate this design. This silver circle around the camera omg. Over 500€ for this. Thats a joke or?
BTW for what windows phone need a so big cpu?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I hate this design. This silver circle around the camera omg. Over 500€ for this. Thats a joke or?
BTW for what windows phone need a so big cpu?

Maybe for future Direct X12 gaming :D. Though not sure the 810v2.1 supports it.
Being able to use phone and work on a desktop via miracast simultaneously? No idea :p

The high res screen needs the extra power though.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a look at those articles. Not sure that any of them say the overheating is solved, indeed the recent 810 devices sold in Japan, have a warning on them regarding heat.

I sincerely hope that you are correct though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss