Lumia 950/950XL flagships design - like it or not?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
lol you're a funny dude, consider this, what you call "official" is actually the same RTM build that ms sends to us insiders and then to their factory unlocked devices, packed with carrier bloatware and whatnot, arbitrary limitations, possible interference with microsoft's software, wifi hotspot function locked maybe? you name it

from this reference I'm certain one can easily understand the situation, and acknowledge that insider's RTM build is the official update, while carrier branded phones receive a modified version, not in the best interests of the costumer, just like that windows UE thing from XP days, or Lenovo laptops and their truckload of bloatware and OS mods

if that's not the answer for you well that's sad bro.

You do realize that Microsoft allows for uninstalling of any app that's not part of the core OS. Bloatware is not an issue on mobile.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You do realize that Microsoft allows for uninstalling of any app that's not part of the core OS. Bloatware is not an issue on mobile.

try uninstalling veryzon's backup data thing, its in the settings app on 928, and being able to uninstall bloatware is far from acceptable, I guess americans are used to that anyway

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
you are missing the point like many others!! I am not talking about the RTM build. after the RTM build, someday, the insider app will deliver a newer preview build for insiders. If then, someone with still 8.1 on his phone wants to update to Windows 10, how can he/she do that to the RTM build and not the newer beta build?? At least read and understand before making a comment...

use the slow ring?

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
use the slow ring?

it still does not matter...both slow and fast rings will deliver newer BETA builds after the RTM. What then? the only solution is for an update to the insider app to include: RTM Ring or something..but I do not trust MS to do this...they seem to lack common sense at thinking great solutions.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
try uninstalling veryzon's backup data thing, its in the settings app on 928, and being able to uninstall bloatware is far from acceptable, I guess americans are used to that anyway
NFL Mobile is a Verizon-only bloat on WP. The Backup Assistant is part of the firmware, not an app. It's not that we're used to it here in the States, it's just that all the carriers run the same playbook unless the device has a fruit on it. Kudos to Apple for putting their foot down.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it still does not matter...both slow and fast rings will deliver newer BETA builds after the RTM. What then? the only solution is for an update to the insider app to include: RTM Ring or something..but I do not trust MS to do this...they seem to lack common sense at thinking great solutions.

we don't know what they will do yet, remember preview for developers? that's exactly what you're asking from my understanding, they might give w10 RTM through that app

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
NFL Mobile is a Verizon-only bloat on WP. The Backup Assistant is part of the firmware, not an app. It's not that we're used to it here in the States, it's just that all the carriers run the same playbook unless the device has a fruit on it. Kudos to Apple for putting their foot down.

no big deal, I uninstalled it changing my date to 2199 and opening it(yea how ironic), in my view, the only way to solve this is by steering people away from carriers traps, why don't we push people towards apple's new direct financed sales? why cant other OEMs do the same? if apple is doing it I bet that's because it makes monetary sense somehow, so that's a no brainer for others to follow, and it helps the consumer, carriers never do anything positive to us, period

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12