Did your opinion about 950 and 950XL change after seeing the press slides?

yash3030

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
IMO, I did not find 950XL as very ugly in the first renders and i dont find them "out of the world" with latest pics. So effectively my opinion has not changed very much about them. What about you?

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Uninspiring design, more of the same, and that's not working for msft. That said I want too see the os as that's what I'm here for so I'm eagerly awaiting Oct!

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
i don't like them then i don't like them now they just look like low end devices with high end spec.....they desnt fit to current trend......they don't look premiuim to my eyes so i don't think we have to premiuim/flagship price for this things...

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Design wise, I want to like it but I can't. The speaker grill cutout still looks cheap, the whole phone looks very boring and uninspiring.
It was a big mistake that they ditched the metal band around the phone, and also the soft corners make it look like a 550.
We still don't know what the back of the smaller 950 looks like, but if the leaks are true about the thick chrome ring around the camera, well then I can safely say I have nothing to look forward to.

yash3030

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you. It does not have the "WOW" factor which 920 had at the time of its launch. To me the front face for both of them looks like any mid-range Xperia phone.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not at all. But. The XL I would lean to but as with all WP that I have wanted it will be as always EXCLUSIVE. Which means this time around I will not buy a device I really didn't want just to use the OS.

umovies

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It did mine as the camera module looks smaller. Me im all in regardless of what it looks like, a flagship is a flagship because of its specs, if you want a iphone clone china has plenty of them.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Design wise, I want to like it but I can't. The speaker grill cutout still looks cheap, the whole phone looks very boring and uninspiring.
It was a big mistake that they ditched the metal band around the phone, and also the soft corners make it look like a 550.
We still don't know what the back of the smaller 950 looks like, but if the leaks are true about the thick chrome ring around the camera, well then I can safely say I have nothing to look forward to.

I totally agree with the Speaker Grill design, it ruins the overall design because of that. If they at least use same speaker design as 640 XL, 820, or 930 it would be much better.

My stance didn't change, I still find them quite bland, uninspiring and kind of boring. Though at least they're not that ugly but its totally disappointment that it didn't bring any wow as compared to (most) Lumia from the past, especially for flagship this is rather bad in a way. Flagship should attract us to look at it and wanting to own it without even knowing the specs, features and OS of it. These flagship doesn't give that feeling.

Sure there are people who do like it and good for them but unfortunately the faction has been made and that's the bad part in general. Instead of uniting us these flagship became a catalyst for making us Microsoft community formed distinct groups.

The problem with these 950 and 950 XL is no really the individual elements but how it all comes together and it wasn't harmoniously comes together, it looks more like to me trying to combine distinctly aesthetic elements in a single thing with a duct tape. Material or even on-screen button isn't an issue. A lot of phones especially previous Lumia are full polycarbonate but they're stunning, a lot of Android phones now have on-screen buttons but still stunning, a lot of phones that doesn't have thinner bezels but still looks flagship (HTC One series for example), and these upcoming Lumia are anti-thesis of those. Funny thing for other people there is a high chance they might mistakenly think 550 and 950 are similar at a glance, even in looking at it without looking its back. Only screen size will make a difference really.

What I'm even most bothered is the lack of color options which is very synonymous to Lumia. Now they come with black and white which will blend with smartphones out there already.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Not at all, I still love them. The feeling of holding a 640 XL with a matte white shell can't be matched. Now that there's a more premium phone on my hands, with as much storage as an HP Stream, my Asphalt 8 gaming and overall bragging rights will be much better than on my 635.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If you count the amount of real-estate around the screen as part of the design, then I am very displeased. If you don't count that, then I like the design very much.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have nothing again the 950... And will get one or the XL day one... Before my 1520 broke, I was a little hesitant due to what more could I want? Even the 640 I am using now, I am very happy with.

I just don't get all the complaining... You all want a windows phone... Yet you want it to be a a galaxy or an iPhone rather than it being unique as it is. There is nothing cheap about this phone... This phone is designed with function in mind rather than marketing what premium is...

I was in apple yesterday picking up an iPhone 6s with my girlfriend... My nephew has the galaxy 6 edge... These phones feel awesome and light... Yet people cannot wait to put some ugly case on them... **** design when you will **** it up with a case....

Windows with poly body is customizable, replaceable, durable, and allows for uniqueness. Storage minimum is 32 which is standard. Real expandable storage that you can use for more than media, apps... Who else does this? This phone has a dedicated camera button, again who else does this? I dont need curved glass... I need my phone to be usable in its default state.

It makes me laugh at people complaining about things and wanting things... I mean most of the complainers will either get the phone still... Or will go to another platform... Great, why limit yourself.?! I equate the whole premium thing to buying a bike... Almost everyone dreams about a full carbon fiber bike, yet a steel or aluminum fram might be better... It all depends on the application... Most people do not know what they want... All they know is they don't want to look cheap or like they cannot keep up with the Jones. Bike stores know this and play on this... Most do not mind selling you more than you need cause it will do the basic riding that you want and it feels really good.. But you want use it or appreciate it anyhow... But you will show it off and be happy that you have it... Cool...

It's ok, you look at my bike... Scoff and pass by me with your nose in the air.. But I will be that guy cranking by you again just to do ans show that me in my cargo shorts rather than aero gear just smoked you up that hill cause its about skill... Same with phone or computer... I dont care how it looks ans feels, I care how it works. It is a tool for me.

Super long post... Just buy what you want...you dont want this phone, dont buy it... But most people hear just want onw to go to another camp to say, look at me... If you want to compete with them so bad, go t get the phone they have... Otherwise own and embrace windows... It is rruely the unique pone and the company who is truly thinking different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077