09-30-2015 06:34 AM
86 123 ...
tools
    IMO, I did not find 950XL as very ugly in the first renders and i dont find them "out of the world" with latest pics. So effectively my opinion has not changed very much about them. What about you?
    courtneyg2013 likes this.
    09-26-2015 01:04 AM
    I want the 950. Seems like an awesome phone for me at least :)
    09-26-2015 01:39 AM
    No.
    09-26-2015 01:49 AM
    Interesting but I guess in India it'll be too expensive...
    09-26-2015 01:52 AM
    Uninspiring design, more of the same, and that's not working for msft. That said I want too see the os as that's what I'm here for so I'm eagerly awaiting Oct!
    09-26-2015 02:03 AM
    i don't like them then i don't like them now they just look like low end devices with high end spec.....they desnt fit to current trend......they don't look premiuim to my eyes so i don't think we have to premiuim/flagship price for this things...
    Gustavo Sanchez and lumiagrab like this.
    09-26-2015 02:08 AM
    Design wise, I want to like it but I can't. The speaker grill cutout still looks cheap, the whole phone looks very boring and uninspiring.
    It was a big mistake that they ditched the metal band around the phone, and also the soft corners make it look like a 550.
    We still don't know what the back of the smaller 950 looks like, but if the leaks are true about the thick chrome ring around the camera, well then I can safely say I have nothing to look forward to.
    09-26-2015 02:13 AM
    I agree with you. It does not have the "WOW" factor which 920 had at the time of its launch. To me the front face for both of them looks like any mid-range Xperia phone.
    Karanstyle likes this.
    09-26-2015 04:59 AM
    Well, 920, 925, 1020, 1520, 730, 830 all were very much better looking.
    09-26-2015 05:13 AM
    Not at all. But. The XL I would lean to but as with all WP that I have wanted it will be as always EXCLUSIVE. Which means this time around I will not buy a device I really didn't want just to use the OS.
    09-26-2015 05:23 AM
    It did mine as the camera module looks smaller. Me im all in regardless of what it looks like, a flagship is a flagship because of its specs, if you want a iphone clone china has plenty of them.
    09-26-2015 07:04 AM
    On screen keys is a deal breaker for me..
    ill pass and stick to my 1520.
    09-26-2015 07:08 AM
    Nope, still find them bland and uninspired.

Sent from my Lumia 1020
    09-26-2015 07:37 AM
    Design wise, I want to like it but I can't. The speaker grill cutout still looks cheap, the whole phone looks very boring and uninspiring.
    It was a big mistake that they ditched the metal band around the phone, and also the soft corners make it look like a 550.
    We still don't know what the back of the smaller 950 looks like, but if the leaks are true about the thick chrome ring around the camera, well then I can safely say I have nothing to look forward to.
    I totally agree with the Speaker Grill design, it ruins the overall design because of that. If they at least use same speaker design as 640 XL, 820, or 930 it would be much better.

My stance didn't change, I still find them quite bland, uninspiring and kind of boring. Though at least they're not that ugly but its totally disappointment that it didn't bring any wow as compared to (most) Lumia from the past, especially for flagship this is rather bad in a way. Flagship should attract us to look at it and wanting to own it without even knowing the specs, features and OS of it. These flagship doesn't give that feeling.

Sure there are people who do like it and good for them but unfortunately the faction has been made and that's the bad part in general. Instead of uniting us these flagship became a catalyst for making us Microsoft community formed distinct groups.

The problem with these 950 and 950 XL is no really the individual elements but how it all comes together and it wasn't harmoniously comes together, it looks more like to me trying to combine distinctly aesthetic elements in a single thing with a duct tape. Material or even on-screen button isn't an issue. A lot of phones especially previous Lumia are full polycarbonate but they're stunning, a lot of Android phones now have on-screen buttons but still stunning, a lot of phones that doesn't have thinner bezels but still looks flagship (HTC One series for example), and these upcoming Lumia are anti-thesis of those. Funny thing for other people there is a high chance they might mistakenly think 550 and 950 are similar at a glance, even in looking at it without looking its back. Only screen size will make a difference really.

What I'm even most bothered is the lack of color options which is very synonymous to Lumia. Now they come with black and white which will blend with smartphones out there already.
    09-26-2015 07:50 AM
    Not at all, I still love them. The feeling of holding a 640 XL with a matte white shell can't be matched. Now that there's a more premium phone on my hands, with as much storage as an HP Stream, my Asphalt 8 gaming and overall bragging rights will be much better than on my 635.
    09-26-2015 08:04 AM
    I'm happy with them. Enough said.
    09-26-2015 09:05 AM
    If you count the amount of real-estate around the screen as part of the design, then I am very displeased. If you don't count that, then I like the design very much.
    09-26-2015 09:24 AM
    they look very okey!:)
    Kjetil Stokke likes this.
    09-26-2015 09:28 AM
    I have nothing again the 950... And will get one or the XL day one... Before my 1520 broke, I was a little hesitant due to what more could I want? Even the 640 I am using now, I am very happy with.

I just don't get all the complaining... You all want a windows phone... Yet you want it to be a a galaxy or an iPhone rather than it being unique as it is. There is nothing cheap about this phone... This phone is designed with function in mind rather than marketing what premium is...

I was in apple yesterday picking up an iPhone 6s with my girlfriend... My nephew has the galaxy 6 edge... These phones feel awesome and light... Yet people cannot wait to put some ugly case on them... **** design when you will **** it up with a case....

Windows with poly body is customizable, replaceable, durable, and allows for uniqueness. Storage minimum is 32 which is standard. Real expandable storage that you can use for more than media, apps... Who else does this? This phone has a dedicated camera button, again who else does this? I dont need curved glass... I need my phone to be usable in its default state.

It makes me laugh at people complaining about things and wanting things... I mean most of the complainers will either get the phone still... Or will go to another platform... Great, why limit yourself.?! I equate the whole premium thing to buying a bike... Almost everyone dreams about a full carbon fiber bike, yet a steel or aluminum fram might be better... It all depends on the application... Most people do not know what they want... All they know is they don't want to look cheap or like they cannot keep up with the Jones. Bike stores know this and play on this... Most do not mind selling you more than you need cause it will do the basic riding that you want and it feels really good.. But you want use it or appreciate it anyhow... But you will show it off and be happy that you have it... Cool...

It's ok, you look at my bike... Scoff and pass by me with your nose in the air.. But I will be that guy cranking by you again just to do ans show that me in my cargo shorts rather than aero gear just smoked you up that hill cause its about skill... Same with phone or computer... I dont care how it looks ans feels, I care how it works. It is a tool for me.

Super long post... Just buy what you want...you dont want this phone, dont buy it... But most people hear just want onw to go to another camp to say, look at me... If you want to compete with them so bad, go t get the phone they have... Otherwise own and embrace windows... It is rruely the unique pone and the company who is truly thinking different.
    09-26-2015 09:35 AM
    No, they look boring. I still in love with my 930.
    09-26-2015 10:08 AM
    They definitely look better than the initial renders. The phone at an angle sort of has that lumia 830/930 mix. I'm still not a fan of that bezel at the bottom. Typically you have something there if you need bezel. Motorola released a 5.7 inch phone with so little bezel it's smaller than iphone 6 plus. Iphone 6 plus at least has a button there. The on bezel buttons would make it look better because it gives the bezel a purpose. Now I would still have to see it in person. The 950Xl is likely the phone I want to buy. But now I'm hearing that MS may actually let carriers take over the update process again. It seems only Apple has the power to do it themselves. So if that's the case I may not stick around with Windows. It will become another android nightmare. It's a huge shame because I do love Windows mobile, but we can't expect everyone to run insider preview apps just to get their updates.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-26-2015 10:17 AM
    Interesting but I guess in India it'll be too expensive...
    You do realize these are flagship phone right? There are plenty of mid and budget phones. It's not all about India yaar
    09-26-2015 10:26 AM
    People are so silly.
    Frank Kajtazi and jaimeastin like this.
    09-26-2015 12:13 PM
    No, we barely saw any 950 images. It was mostly the 950 XL, and the issues I had (on-screen nav buttons, split volume buttons) are still there. I didn't see a shot of the 950's back to dispute the presence of that hideous metal ring.

What DID change is my interest in these things. The $750+ pricing is a joke on a good day, and Microsoft's marketshare and lack of a major phone release in over a year doesn't make this a good day. If these things launch at $650+ in the U.S. I won't be buying them. They're simply not worth the price tag, but that stupid iris scanner is raising the cost. They're using inferior parts to the iPhone 6S and supposedly going to charge the same price or more. They can't be serious.
    09-26-2015 12:22 PM
    Damn it jaimeastin,
    you nailed it (although I kinda lost you when talking about bikes) :P

This devices are the flagships Windows 10 needs, they have the unmistakable Lumia look (and certainly build quality) and specs to keep you happy for at-least 2 years.
    Just don't forget that you are in the Windows Phone world, not the iPhone, nor the Android.
    While every single manufacturer copy the most recent iPhone looks, Lumia just passes through without even caring about this craze.

Well I'm always speaking from my side and the first thing I hate, is ''borrowing'' someone else's ideas and presenting them as yours *cough* samsung, xiaomi, huawai, etc.. (on the looks department)

Specs on those two devices are top notch BY ANY STANDARDS. I won't say more about them.

They are targeting people that love WP and want the best experience in the WP space, I don't care if Android or iPhone have better specs, it is just not relevant because none of them can run WM!

As long as renders go, they just can't show the reality, nor bring justice to the design!
    I was looking at every single photo before buying the 730,renders, countless videos, but just nothing could bring to me a clearer view than HOLDING it in my own hands.. To tell you the truth from renders and photos I couldn't see the beauty, it looked like a rectangle brick...

So,
    specs: check (more than enough without any single weak point)
    design: ??? (renders can't bring justice, you need to use it to see for you self)
    libra89 and jaimeastin like this.
    09-26-2015 12:33 PM
86 123 ...