Rumored Surface Phone - Bring the Thunder Panos!

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
It would have to use the Intel Atom x3. But I don't think it has enough performance to compete with the Apple A9 processor. If I were Microsoft, I would repeat what I did with Intel on the Hololens(custom holographic processor) and develop a custom piece of silicon that can compete with the A9. It not only needs to do what the A9 does, but one additional thing. An additional co-processor for Windows Hello that would allow the entire process to unlock the phone in < 1second. To me *that* is "bringing the thunder" like Panos is fond of saying. I don't see how he can do anything less then come onto a stage next spring to reveal "the ultimate smartphone" if it can't pip the iPhone in performance and capabilities. Sure it won't have the apps, but damn it can have hardware features(sans 3D Touch), maybe 3D tiles(McLaren)?

d3ac0n

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
A tdp limited Skylake Core M3 plus an Intel LTE radio chip is the way to go.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
A tdp limited Skylake Core M3 plus an Intel LTE radio chip is the way to go.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

No Skylake chip will ever be used for a smartphone. I am not convinced the Atom x3 will be used either. Maybe MS/Intel have something special up their sleeve.

d3ac0n

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No Skylake chip will ever be used for a smartphone. I am not convinced the Atom x3 will be used either. Maybe MS/Intel have something special up their sleeve.
I just wish they go with a powerful enough chip so we could use continuum like a true boss.

Everything else is just a compromise. The tech is there, use it Microsoft

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I just wish they go with a powerful enough chip so we could use continuum like a true boss.

Everything else is just a compromise. The tech is there, use it Microsoft

Not if battery life is compromised. If a Surface Phone can't get all-day battery life, it's a no-go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720