The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-04-2017 12:37 PM
188 ... 678
tools
    No I don't, and I'm sorry no offense was intended by my comment.
    Non taken. I am always for open discussion.
    10-27-2016 12:38 PM
    Do you have a better example ? Share with us !
    Combine your thoughts with that:

And then add pen support.

As camaroz1985 mentioned, Microsoft is waiting for something new, something that "replaces" our todays vision of smartphones. The only thing I can image in the near future is merging the concept of a Smartphone and tablet by having a foldable screen. With that and the pen support in Windows10, you have a phone that is as small as todays phones, but you can get a bigger screen if you need it. On that you can take notes with your pen or get a larger on-screen keyboard. Of course I don't know if this kind of Technology will be possible in the next 2-4 years.

But I can't think of anything else, that fits into my given requirements:

- It can't be any larger than todays smartphones (max. 7 Inches), otherwise nobody would use it as a daily, mobile computer.

- You realy can do something differently with it than with todays (and the last 4 years) smartphones (basicly messasing, some apps, internet, photos/Videos)
    Last edited by gastovski; 11-05-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    11-05-2016 11:00 AM
    Combine your thoughts with that:

And then add pen support.

As camaroz1985 mentioned, Microsoft is waiting for something new, something that "replaces" our todays vision of smartphones. The only thing I can image in the near future is merging the concept of a Smartphone and tablet by having a foldable screen. With that and the pen support in Windows10, you have a phone that is as small as todays phones, but you can get a bigger screen if you need it. On that you can take notes with your pen or get a larger on-screen keyboard. Of course I don't know if this kind of Technology will be possible in the next 2-4 years.

But I can't think of anything else, that fits into my given requirements:

- It can't be any larger than todays smartphones (max. 7 Inches), otherwise nobody would use it as a daily, mobile computer.

- You realy can do something differently with it than with todays (and the last 4 years) smartphones (basicly messasing, some apps, internet, photos/Videos)
    I agree. Surface products are created for highlight software capabilities, and what is the point of differentiation of windows mobile?
    Continuum, but you need an external screen...unless you can have a bigger screen in the phone itself. You can have it with a flexible screen or dual screen side by side that can be seen as one. Lenovo already shown a phone with flexible screen that can become a tablet, i know the tech is there, but i don't know how much time it needs to build factory for mass production.
    11-05-2016 02:56 PM
    I agree. Surface products are created for highlight software capabilities, and what is the point of differentiation of windows mobile?
    Only highlighting Software? Isn't it a new combination of hard- and Software to create new product categories?

And yes you are right, we need a bigger, portable screen for changing how we can work with a Smartphone. Simply because of Continuum, nearly nobody would by a Windows Mobile Smartphone.
    11-05-2016 03:06 PM
    Has anyone seen the tweet from @evleaks today?
    11-05-2016 03:50 PM
    Has anyone seen the tweet from @evleaks today?
    No, but maybe you can show it to us. :P
    11-05-2016 04:56 PM
    Only highlighting Software? Isn't it a new combination of hard- and Software to create new product categories?

And yes you are right, we need a bigger, portable screen for changing how we can work with a Smartphone. Simply because of Continuum, nearly nobody would by a Windows Mobile Smartphone.
    I meant new hardware designed to highlight the software strenghtness.
    11-08-2016 04:30 AM
    l would love a Courier type of device. In my mind this would be a awesome device that would do the Surface name proud

Agreed... That would make sense
    12-17-2016 03:44 PM
    Foldable or rollable display should be the highlight.. And we should be able to run full windows when docked.

And since smartphone have become the most used portable camera.. Surface Phone should be focused on photography as well.. I hope they dont end up like HP with only focus on Business customers
    12-17-2016 03:47 PM
    Foldable or rollable display should be the highlight.. And we should be able to run full windows when docked.

And since smartphone have become the most used portable camera.. Surface Phone should be focused on photography as well.. I hope they dont end up like HP with only focus on Business customers
    Give us one good reason why Microsoft should focus on the consumer market instead of the Enterprise? Except for the few stray cats (that's us) that still support the platform, their best bet for making money is corporations and governments. Foldable displays? Definitely iPhone territory.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-17-2016 05:12 PM
    Because they want to do it. They said they will.
    12-28-2016 08:12 AM
    hi res audio ..front facing speakers
    01-14-2017 04:26 PM
    I would love to be able to drag\send to webpage's or news stories or documents etc to my calendar to work on at either a specified time or place or when next spare time in my diary
    Guilherme Roussin likes this.
    04-04-2017 12:37 PM
188 ... 678