Surface Phone / Panos' Phone Wishlist

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I just want a huge battery and a 820 or latest sd processor, with the ability to snap apps and a 5.5 or bigger screen with a high end design like the 925

Sent from mTalk

Mister Wolf

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
-Metal unibody design.
-Continue the tradition of a good camera, including laser focus and a xenon flash.
-A chipset truly designed to push continuum to fulfill its proper potential.
-I would love to stream xbox one games to a phone, I think it would just be a pipe dream though.

Bigger than all of this though, is the software, I will be disappointed if they release this phone and its running a patched up windows 10.
You can call it what you want but if all people see in shops and in adverts is a bunch of tiles they will give zero sh*ts.

I fear that this could do more harm to the Surface brand if anything. Microsoft should not release a Surface Phone until the software on it has had a major overhaul. Right now windows 10 for mobile is a huge step back in many ways compared to 8.1.

Panos is awesome and he and his team have done incredible things. I knew from the first Surface conference he did that this dude has utter passion for what he does. I watched the conference with my brother, and I remember telling him that I hope MS keep this guy and get him to do more conferences. Look where he is now.

I hope Windows Mobile does justice to the Surface Brand.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Deca-core: quad core ARM processor + quad-core high performance ARM processor + dual core x86 processor that turns on in continuum

dual USB ports: Micro USB and USB C for legacy support on old chargers/cables

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
you realize for a 6in phone, the keys would be incredibly small. I don't know how it would be better than the onscreen keyboard. Now if that keyboard unfolded, it would be bigger than a surface keyboard (the one I'm typing on) while still 4 rows high.

Take a look at the touch pro 2, that had one of the best landscape keyboards ever imo.

DjeTe

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Many here seems to just want a metal body Phone with crazy specs, resolutions etc. Others are thinking in the more Surface brand way which I think will be the case.
Surface Pro is not just a tablet
Surface Book is not just a laptop.
A "Surface Phone" won't be just a Phone, it must be also something else. Just look at what MS say about the Surface line. Its a reference, it will challenge, it will be expensive, and it will have the specs.. So it can not just be a Phone as we know it.
I actually hope they don't call i Surface Phone either. Calling is almost the least thing I do with my 950.
I have no idea what that could be, but I think I want it :). I love my SP4.
A type cover thing would be nice (removeable), maybe inside could be a second screen, that you easily can take notes on (the left side screen on the cover thing) and the ordinary screen shows the tiles as it is today. Maybe a kickstand, the second screen can also be a touch keyboard. I just hope I will be surprised.

Last edited:

Daniel Seger

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
The specs clearly need to be top of the line. I doubt anyone would disagree there. No need for gimmicky new features, and no need for a 4k screen, better battery life is more important.

In my mind, there are two musts beyond specs:
1. It must include a stylus, that is housed within the phone like Samsung's note. If you've ever used, you know it adds a tremendous amount of functionality, and is so much more convenient if you can keep it in the phone
2. It must run x86 applications otherwise it's just another phone.

lostsou 1

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
This is what I would like to see

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• microsoft_surface_phone_render_concept_01a-970x647-c-1.jpg
    microsoft_surface_phone_render_concept_01a-970x647-c-1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 123

Vittorio Vaselli

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Many here seems to just want a metal body Phone with crazy specs, resolutions etc. Others are thinking in the more Surface brand way which I think will be the case.
Surface Pro is not just a tablet
Surface Book is not just a laptop.
A "Surface Phone" won't be just a Phone, it must be also something else. Just look at what MS say about the Surface line. Its a reference, it will challenge, it will be expensive, and it will have the specs.. So it can not just be a Phone as we know it.
I actually hope they don't call i Surface Phone either. Calling is almost the least thing I do with my 950.
I have no idea what that could be, but I think I want it :). I love my SP4.
A type cover thing would be nice (removeable), maybe inside could be a second screen, that you easily can take notes on (the left side screen on the cover thing) and the ordinary screen shows the tiles as it is today. Maybe a kickstand, the second screen can also be a touch keyboard. I just hope I will be surprised.
Totally agree, and i hope you are right!

Rics1997

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
If the Surface is a good as they claim it will be, I probably will move to it for my next phone. Coming from a Note 4, I would like to see a pen but not a deal breaker but I will not be upgrading till 5G. Always hate buying new when new technology is coming out. Like the idea of a Surface as a phone, So some of my main dream phone wants are 5.6 to 5.8 screen with minimum 1080p but new premium phones are already hitting 4k in 2016, 5G, pen, the ability to go back and forth between the Surface tablet, desktop and phone with same apps, and very important to me is the camera. and enough processing power and ram to handle it. SD slot and replaceable battery

Vittorio Vaselli

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see a phone with a detachable physical keyboard(surfacebook like) with extra battery. Or a tablet/laptop dock like asus padphone. Or a projector (for Continuum). Or hololens enabled, with spacial mapping. In short something that is really different from "always the same" other phones on the market.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd like a Surface team designed phone. And i'm not delusional enough to think that I can come up with a better set of specs or design than they can.

My two wishes:

1.) Sell it unlocked
2.) Sell it this year, please.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Not a metal body fan, as I like removable batteries. 950xl with finger reader in the screen, bit more durable magnesium in the structure, 820 chipset, clip on battery slice back as accessory, rare earth magnet speakers, sdxc of course, and a 3yr warranty just because they know it's built that well.

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think an important aspect tied to the Surface phone concept has been running the legacy x86 apps. With no support from Intel, perhaps take this approach:
1. Most powerful ARM processor available.
2. Have an emulation layer that enables the phone to run all legacy x86 apps. The current Windows 10 mobile apps etc. should continue to run natively.
3. Have good battery life.

The second point is the most important one if Microsoft wants to differentiate its mobile technology from Android/IOS etc.

Amjad.

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I want the Surface Phone to exist and to come out either October '16 or April '17. I just hope if I wait for it and don't pursue the HP Elite x3 that I will not be disappointed that I waited.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I'm hoping it isn't as big as the Elite X3 as well. Love my Surface Pro, and if the phone is as well made as it is I will be a happy guy.

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
October since the last flagship(s) came out in October, I like annual releases. April because isn't that when redstone 2 comes out and the surface pro 5 was rumored to be delayed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo