If Surface Phone gets cancelled like McLaren

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As the ole saying goes, I wouldn't hold my breath. I just stuck a knife in the life raft that I jumped in last week regarding the 950xl. The raft is now guiding me to the sony z5 dual premium. I am done with windows phones. I will still use windows services as they work better on android anyways. The camera on my 1020 will be somewhat missed, but the 30x zoom module for the sony phone will more than make up for it.

I switched to a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (chrome) as well from Windows Phone. I've since switched to a gold Galaxy S7 Edge. Liked the sony a lot, but love the galaxy. Never really liked Samsung phones much until this one.

Still looking forward to a Surface Phone next year though, as well as Nokia's Android offerings.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Nope. 2 years old in june. I buy off contract, my contract now is too good to loose it by getting a subsided phone. I had Samsung phones before and did not like them. So, I am trying the sony. One of the few I could get with dual sim. Also, I tried the zenfone 2 laser yesterday, nice phone too, but no happy on the build quality.
THis should quell my 1020 camera lust. 20 mp 30x optical zoom, and no lenes to swap (although you can get one with SLR lens capability).

QX100_with_Xperia-i1_1-1200-1024x768.jpg

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Nope. 2 years old in june. I buy off contract, my contract now is too good to loose it by getting a subsided phone. I had Samsung phones before and did not like them. So, I am trying the sony. One of the few I could get with dual sim. Also, I tried the zenfone 2 laser yesterday, nice phone too, but no happy on the build quality.
THis should quell my 1020 camera lust. 20 mp 30x optical zoom, and no lenes to swap (although you can get one with SLR lens capability).

View attachment 124893

this is an actual phone? With the extra lens?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
this is an actual phone? With the extra lens?

It's actually a camera made by Sony that looks like a lens.
I had the QX10 a couple of years ago I paid $150.00 USD for it when Newegg was closing them out.
Kind of cool in a way the lens camera snaps a pic then sends the pic via Bluetooth to the phone.

The QX camera lens works with any BT enabled device.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's actually a camera made by Sony that looks like a lens.
I had the QX10 a couple of years ago I paid $150.00 USD for it when Newegg was closing them out.
Kind of cool in a way the lens camera snaps a pic then sends the pic via Bluetooth to the phone.

The QX camera lens works with any BT enabled device.

So the big lens sticking out of the phone is actually an attachment, right? So one could potentially use it with a lumia phone, perhaps a lumia 1020?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So the big lens sticking out of the phone is actually an attachment, right? So one could potentially use it with a lumia phone, perhaps a lumia 1020?

Exactly...
Any phone or tablet with Bluetooth.
It also is stand alone with the SD card.
The QX I had quit working so Sony repaired it for me.
I traded it on Amazon for a credit and bought a Panasonic Lumix ZS20.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I think its the limit of embarrassment from Microsoft.......lumia 950 , 650 are not good enough for their reputation......comparing with iphone, android flagships and mid range.......
windows phone doesnt offer good choices right now.......for previous replacement...

My mind currently in phase of change.......previously I very much appreciated windows phone......but recent news from Microsoft and developers lack of support and focus and interest......also windows 10 mobile is not stable as previous updates......app gap...performance issues....made my mind change....
Sick of it.... still prefer wp8.1 for stability......but that doesn't enough right now......
Don't want to buy windows phone again. Sorry and Thanks R.I.P....

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Me 3. I just have to get my wifes z5 compact and my z5 dual, and convert her back. She still thinks android is slow from her time with the galaxy note. I used the z5 yesterday and man, its fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos