Surface Phone to have Amoled screen! Yay!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My fear was that it would share the less than impressive Lumina 950 display style, but no. Luckily this is shaping up to be a true successor to the Lumina 930. I cannot wait. With any luck W10 will have feature parity with W8 by then as the touch features (et al) are dribbling in. Painfully slowly, but they are. Could the writing be on the wall for iPhone? [Umm, probably not... Ed.]

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd bet money that the author is just making things up as he goes along. This guy has no actual information about a real surface phone whatsoever. The entire article is based on his limited understanding of technology and guesswork.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's just blind conjecture.

but I congratulate you on the click-bait thread title. Well played, sir.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I hate that BS clickbait articles have become our sources of information. They exist for every subject imaginable, but seem especially bad for tech topics. Pretty much every Surface Phone-related "article" I see is a total regurgitation of some other "article." They repeat either information so vague and generic anyone could have written it or repeat baseless, unsourced spec rumors that someone just pulled out of their pooper. My personal favorite lately has been the onslaught of headlines saying the Surface Phone release date has been "delayed" until 2017. Newsflash: It can only be "delayed" if it had previously been announced to be coming out sooner, which it hadn't. It's also amusing that the "delayed until 2017" headlines are still appearing today considering that rumor has been around for months. Not exactly breaking news.
In the spirit of writing BS non-news headlines, I present my own:
BREAKING: Donald Trump to consider presidential run, but may delay inauguration until 2017.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I talked to my connections at Microsoft. And they have confirmed that the Surface device with cellular connectivity will have a screen. This guy must have some serious connections there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99