09-02-2016 09:38 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    08-06-2016 11:28 AM
    08-07-2016 10:28 AM
    08-08-2016 11:16 AM
    I just want to say I'm still too upset to really talk about this.

I'm sulking like proud Achilles in his tent...

https://neousa.leadpages.co/nuans-neo/
    tgp, Laura Knotek and ETX808 like this.
    09-02-2016 11:29 AM
    I'm curious why NuAns needs to raise funds to launch a phone that already exists. I would think that since the phone is already manufactured and being sold, it shouldn't be that difficult to launch it in other countries. Is NuAns so small that $725,000 is an insurmountable amount for them? That should be pocket change for most manufacturers.

Kickstarters are often done by very small companies or even a person or two who have an idea. In this case the phone already exists and is being sold, and they're trying to sell it outside the launch country.

I'm sure there's a good reason; I would just be interested in hearing it. Maybe there's something else that could be done besides contributing funds.

Either way, it is disappointing the way the campaign went. I thought there might be better support. I think NuAns will have to do something distinguished with the NEO more than a 2-tone cover.
    09-02-2016 11:58 AM
    My belief is that the funds were needed to bridge several costs. The top grouping being the most likely to require a lot of liquid capitol:
    • Certification as a device compliant with regulatory agencies across multiple agencies in various countries
    • Secure parts orders for increased production

Trinity is a fairly small start up. So far as I can tell they are not using an ODM to make a white label device, they are an OEM producing this device.
    tgp and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-02-2016 12:05 PM
    My belief is that the funds were needed to bridge several costs. The top grouping being the most likely to require a lot of liquid capitol:
    • Certification as a device compliant with regulatory agencies across multiple agencies in various countries
    • Secure parts orders for increased production

Trinity is a fairly small start up. So far as I can tell they are not using an ODM to make a white label device, they are an OEM producing this device.
    Yes I can understand that these things cost money. I still think it's interesting that a company big enough to design and manufacture phones cannot do this without Kickstarter funding.

It must have taken millions to do what they've already done. I would think their investors would jump for the chance to expand sales, but not leave it up to Kickstarter funding!

Is there any word on overall sales so far in Japan?
    09-02-2016 05:39 PM
    I couldn't say in terms of numbers... But the July Ad Duplex report had this to say...

tgp likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:38 PM
83 ... 234