NuAns Neo Kickstarter is LIVE

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
NuAns NEO is now on Kickstarter to let you fully customize your Windows phone | Windows Central

The KickStarter to bring NuAns Neo to you has begun. Sign up here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/316896163/nuans-neo-windows-10-mobile

A limited number of $250 packages (5 total) are understandably gone already.

Runs through August 8, 2016. The device will ship anywhere in the world.

US tuned radio features LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 12 and 17. Euro tuned has LTE Bands 1, 3, 7 and 20.

Pledge $30 to receive any one Two Tone or Flip case of your choice.

Pledge $250 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). Limited to 5 backers, all gone.

Pledge $270 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). Limited to 1,000 backers.

Pledge $325 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). Limited to 1,000 backers.

Pledge $380 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). No limit to the number of allowed backers.

Pledge $650 to receive two Neo Cores and two cases (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). No limit to the number of allowed backers.

Expected delivery is November, 2016. The KickStarter info confirms retail value is $400.

Shipping is extra, price determined by country. ($10/US)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/316896163/nuans-neo-windows-10-mobile

Did you pledge? At what level? Plan on pledging? Going to pass?

Let us know your thoughts below.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe $400 is too expensive for a mid-range phone regardless of OS. There are brand new Lumia 950s going for less on eBay.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pledged. I've been super excited about this phone since first seeing it back in January.

I signed up at $270 for the Core + Case. I may add a case ($30) later... Thinking about options.

passin

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
"Download 3D data for the TWOTONE when you purchase the NuAns NEO and create your own TWOTONE case! You can now create your own one-of-a-kind case or give them to your friends as gifts!"

Just wanted to put this on here as well. If you don't like their cases then you are able to 3D print your own using the models that they will provide for you even making the customization of this phone endless if you know someone with a 3D printer. This alone has me wondering why this hasn't been more of a thing already.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"Download 3D data for the TWOTONE when you purchase the NuAns NEO and create your own TWOTONE case! You can now create your own one-of-a-kind case or give them to your friends as gifts!"

Just wanted to put this on here as well. If you don't like their cases then you are able to 3D print your own using the models that they will provide for you even making the customization of this phone endless if you know someone with a 3D printer. This alone has me wondering why this hasn't been more of a thing already.

Great find, passin... Welcome to the Forums.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling they really want to be in the US and EU markets. I hope if the kickstarter does not get funded 100% they find a way to pay for the certifications and move forward anyway. Maybe even still honor the "preorders" even though I know the risk of crowdfunding not being a guarantee.

IMHO, they have made the first couple of thousand pledged orders price attractive. But the 1000@$270 and 1000@$325 only brings them to $595,000 and that is still short of the $725,000 goal.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think this is going to be a hard sell based upon the pricing of the Nextbit Robin and the OnePlus 3.

Pretty sure it isn't aimed at those buyers. If you don't currently want W10M this wouldn't entice you, no.

But if you want W10M with continuum it would be the lowest priced entry ignoring 950/XL BOGO deals.

Recent BOGO may be what is spoiling the US response, but where are the countries that need a Euro-tuned radio? Windows Phone has long done very well in some European countries. The LTE Bands 1/3/7/20 make this phone capable not only in Europe, but parts of Asia and Africa. Add in some Latin American countries, with others having adopted a US-tuned radio. This probably is suffering from lack of exposure in the correct markets.

To me, though, the aesthetic sells it as much as the spec.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo