The rumour mill is going crazy this week

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So far this week I've picked up on at least half a dozen articles suggesting that the Surface Phone will launch in 2016.

Microsoft Surface Phone To Launch At IFA 2016

Microsoft Surface Phone 2016 Release Date, Specs, Price: Launch To Happen In October This Year? : Tech : Science World Report

Microsoft Surface Phone 2016 Release Date, Specs, Price: Launch To Occur In Oct. This Yr?. Las Vegas Blog | Las Vegas Nv Blog

This seems to go against the view that MS will wait until early 2017, for the Redstone 2 build and newer Intel processors to be available.

You have to wonder why all of these stories seem to be breaking in the same week

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll be happy if this's true. Next year is a few months away. So no biggie if it's a big fat lie. :)

Agreed. In fact I'd be happy if MS held back until 2017 for two reasons. One, it would give HP a little headspace to get some momentum under the Elite X3 launch. It would be great to see that phone grab some success in the tiny Windows Mobile space.

Two, Microsoft should wait until those new intel and/or snapdragon processors are available or they're going to be at risk of launching hardware that'll be outdated within 6 months.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You have to wonder why all of these stories seem to be breaking in the same week
No reason to wonder.

One site is fed information from an anonymous "source", hears something from a friend of a friend, or flat out invents something in the interest of clicks. Then publishes it without verification. That's all "rumours" almost ever are.

Other blogs find that rumour and publish the same on their own site. The more clicks a rumor is likely to get, the more likely it is to spread. That's how online "journalism" works, 95% of the time.

Unfortunately for us humans, how often something is repeated is one of the primary ways our brains "determine" if something is likely true.

Unless it's published by one of the few sites that does some verification I'd consider it worthless information.

Last edited:

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not looking for it this year either. I would rather them wait and get the software side really good prior to doing another phone.

Sent from mTalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hovered over the links to see the webpage, all seem to be legit sources of news with proven, solid track records and in no way looking for clicks....... /s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb