Per Mary Jo - Possibly 2018 now...wow.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Mary Jo, AllAboutMicrosoftButIUseAndroid.com doesn't really need click bait. Probably legit.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not surprised. Anyone who thought that a phone could actually come out this year...I don't know what you have been sipping on is the kindest way I can put that.

I have said elsewhere, but I think that MS has somewhat learned from their mistake of rushing things, especially with the 950s. Now 2018 is surprising but I figured that there's no way MS would release a phone at the end of this year.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Any direction Microsoft takes will bring additional criticism anyway.
There has to be some following for mobile inside the company.
It's hard to tell without more breakout insider information.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Considering Joe Belifore starting using different phones, then my Microsoft TAM got an Iphone, they're taking a wait and see approach.

My 14-year-old had his S4 stolen yesterday. I gave him my OneM8. While it works, there are so many things missing for him - Snapchat, various group apps for his basketball team, and a few others.

Sent from mTalk

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not surprised. Anyone who thought that a phone could actually come out this year...I don't know what you have been sipping on is the kindest way I can put that.

I have said elsewhere, but I think that MS has somewhat learned from their mistake of rushing things, especially with the 950s. Now 2018 is surprising but I figured that there's no way MS would release a phone at the end of this year.

I agree. The 950XL was a disaster. My 640XL such better quality with consistent performance...probably why MS ws to embarrassed to market 950s.

Surface phone will be geared as a quality enterprise device, forget consumer market.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's up to Alcatel and T-Mobile.
Hope that combination works out for the starving public :(
That would make 3 "superphones" in the market. I don't understand what people are expecting from the Surface Unicorn. Unless it brews coffee, these other phones have the same capabilities. In fact, the Acer and HP ship with docks and/or keyboards, the Alcatel will be outfitted with VR Goggles. I understand the HP is having camera issues but that's software. The OS will be identical including the missing apps so it's really about hardware. I'm sensing a letdown of biblical proportions as well as moaning and crying worse than when WP7 wouldn't upgrade to WP8. Laura and the fellas, I wouldn't want to be you.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site

The only problem I see with 950s is that they released those when OS was still not polished. I bought new 950 yesterday and it really got hot before I installed firmware update and RS1, but now it works like charm, a lot faster than my 640 XL so I have no idea how come there are very little people who find 950 experience as pleasant...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The only problem I see with 950s is that they released those when OS was still not polished. I bought new 950 yesterday and it really got hot before I installed firmware update and RS1, but now it works like charm, a lot faster than my 640 XL so I have no idea how come there are very little people who find 950 experience as pleasant...
I agree, but that is part of the rush issue. That wasn't good. Compare the 650 launch to the 950s and it's almost night and day.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Mary Jo, AllAboutMicrosoftButIUseAndroid.com doesn't really need click bait. Probably legit.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

If you love Windows, and you like the Windows Phone UI and UX design, i really don't see any reason to jump ship now. The app gap thing is blown wayyy out of proportion. I have a Note 5 as a work phone and dont like it at all i would never switch to Android. And literally every app i "need" or use is on Windows 10 mobile.

Wells Fargo
BofA
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Speed Test
Shazam
OneNote
Word
Weather App
Skype (preview)
Photoshop express
Windows Central

And all the stock apps for W10 work just fine for me including Groove, Messaging, People, Phone, Alarms & Clock, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, etc

All these tech blogers like MJF, Thurrott, Brad Sams say the NEED Android or iPhone to do work, what app is it that they NEED to have that Windows doesnt provide? Snapchat? give me break :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786