10-20-2016 03:20 PM
47 12
tools
    Microsoft schedules its Fall hardware event for October 26 | ZDNet

"If and when anything like a Surface Phone ends up materializing, it will likely be late 2017 or maybe even not until 2018, my contacts have said recently."
    10-08-2016 01:16 PM
    Microsoft schedules its Fall hardware event for October 26 | ZDNet

"If and when anything like a Surface Phone ends up materializing, it will likely be late 2017 or maybe even not until 2018, my contacts have said recently."
    expected.dont be surprised if it never materializes
    10-08-2016 01:30 PM
    Click bait is over 9000
    kaktus1389 and ven07 like this.
    10-08-2016 01:31 PM
    Mary Jo, AllAboutMicrosoftButIUseAndroid.com doesn't really need click bait. Probably legit.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    aximtreo, techiez and ven07 like this.
    10-08-2016 02:36 PM
    Click bait is over 9000
    With title of article only mentioning Fall Hardware Event, I hardly would say click bait. Basically same title as this site.
    10-08-2016 03:36 PM
    Click bait is over 9000
    Not very familiar with Mary Jo Foley are you...
    10-08-2016 03:39 PM
    To be honest, I'm not surprised. Anyone who thought that a phone could actually come out this year...I don't know what you have been sipping on is the kindest way I can put that.

I have said elsewhere, but I think that MS has somewhat learned from their mistake of rushing things, especially with the 950s. Now 2018 is surprising but I figured that there's no way MS would release a phone at the end of this year.
    10-08-2016 04:18 PM
    Any direction Microsoft takes will bring additional criticism anyway.
    There has to be some following for mobile inside the company.
    It's hard to tell without more breakout insider information.
    a5cent, libra89, aximtreo and 3 others like this.
    10-08-2016 04:25 PM
    At least get us the Alcatel superphone this year and I'll be content.
    fatclue_98, mark233 and Guytronic like this.
    10-08-2016 05:50 PM
    Considering Joe Belifore starting using different phones, then my Microsoft TAM got an Iphone, they're taking a wait and see approach.

My 14-year-old had his S4 stolen yesterday. I gave him my OneM8. While it works, there are so many things missing for him - Snapchat, various group apps for his basketball team, and a few others.

Sent from mTalk
    10-08-2016 06:20 PM
    At least get us the Alcatel superphone this year and I'll be content.
    That's up to Alcatel and T-Mobile.
    Hope that combination works out for the starving public :(
    10-08-2016 07:01 PM
    Yeah if nothing new turns up by November when my preordered iPhone is expected to ship then I won't have the burden of making the decision whether to keep it or not.
    10-08-2016 08:21 PM
    To be honest, I'm not surprised. Anyone who thought that a phone could actually come out this year...I don't know what you have been sipping on is the kindest way I can put that.

I have said elsewhere, but I think that MS has somewhat learned from their mistake of rushing things, especially with the 950s. Now 2018 is surprising but I figured that there's no way MS would release a phone at the end of this year.
    I agree. The 950XL was a disaster. My 640XL such better quality with consistent performance...probably why MS ws to embarrassed to market 950s.

Surface phone will be geared as a quality enterprise device, forget consumer market.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and wgs84 like this.
    10-08-2016 08:38 PM
    That would make 3 "superphones" in the market. I don't understand what people are expecting from the Surface Unicorn. Unless it brews coffee, these other phones have the same capabilities. In fact, the Acer and HP ship with docks and/or keyboards, the Alcatel will be outfitted with VR Goggles. I understand the HP is having camera issues but that's software. The OS will be identical including the missing apps so it's really about hardware. I'm sensing a letdown of biblical proportions as well as moaning and crying worse than when WP7 wouldn't upgrade to WP8. Laura and the fellas, I wouldn't want to be you.
    10-09-2016 12:19 AM
    I'd buy if it brewed coffee. :D
    10-09-2016 12:33 AM
    I'm sensing a letdown of biblical proportions as well as moaning and crying worse than when WP7 wouldn't upgrade to WP8. Laura and the fellas, I wouldn't want to be you.
    Awww C'mon back boyo...
    The time is right for a bruiser such as yourself :)

I'd buy if it brewed coffee. :D
    Agreed!
    Anything with that feature would see tremendous success!
    10-09-2016 01:30 AM
    my eyes are on the possible launch of Nokia D1C %)
    ven07, Player Piano and Guytronic like this.
    10-09-2016 06:22 AM

The only problem I see with 950s is that they released those when OS was still not polished. I bought new 950 yesterday and it really got hot before I installed firmware update and RS1, but now it works like charm, a lot faster than my 640 XL so I have no idea how come there are very little people who find 950 experience as pleasant...
    RumoredNow, aximtreo and kwright62 like this.
    10-09-2016 08:16 AM
    The only problem I see with 950s is that they released those when OS was still not polished. I bought new 950 yesterday and it really got hot before I installed firmware update and RS1, but now it works like charm, a lot faster than my 640 XL so I have no idea how come there are very little people who find 950 experience as pleasant...
    I agree, but that is part of the rush issue. That wasn't good. Compare the 650 launch to the 950s and it's almost night and day.
    10-09-2016 08:28 AM
    Mary Jo, AllAboutMicrosoftButIUseAndroid.com doesn't really need click bait. Probably legit.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    If you love Windows, and you like the Windows Phone UI and UX design, i really don't see any reason to jump ship now. The app gap thing is blown wayyy out of proportion. I have a Note 5 as a work phone and dont like it at all i would never switch to Android. And literally every app i "need" or use is on Windows 10 mobile.

Wells Fargo
    BofA
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Speed Test
    Shazam
    OneNote
    Word
    Weather App
    Skype (preview)
    Photoshop express
    Windows Central

And all the stock apps for W10 work just fine for me including Groove, Messaging, People, Phone, Alarms & Clock, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, etc

All these tech blogers like MJF, Thurrott, Brad Sams say the NEED Android or iPhone to do work, what app is it that they NEED to have that Windows doesnt provide? Snapchat? give me break :)
    10-09-2016 10:21 AM
    If you love Windows, and you like the Windows Phone UI and UX design, i really don't see any reason to jump ship now. The app gap thing is blown wayyy out of proportion. I have a Note 5 as a work phone and dont like it at all i would never switch to Android. And literally every app i "need" or use is on Windows 10 mobile.

Wells Fargo
    BofA
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Speed Test
    Shazam
    OneNote
    Word
    Weather App
    Skype (preview)
    Photoshop express
    Windows Central

And all the stock apps for W10 work just fine for me including Groove, Messaging, People, Phone, Alarms & Clock, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, etc

All these tech blogers like MJF, Thurrott, Brad Sams say the NEED Android or iPhone to do work, what app is it that they NEED to have that Windows doesnt provide? Snapchat? give me break :)
    They need to be in touch with the latest, so when pokemon go comes,or Facebook launches events app, they NEED to have access to it. Cant lag behind competition.

though personally I agree, I have all the apps I need at this moment. but cant ignore the app gap, it is real.for example citrix worxhome that I use is lagging its peer versions on ios and Android
    10-09-2016 11:06 AM
    Ms releasing their phone is highly dependent on UWP becoming a better success. At this point in time they need to push it and get more apps into their ecosystem because no matter what they release people will always harp on the app problem. They also may have a prototype of what they want to do but the tech to mass produce them may not be there, it may require facilities to be upgraded, money has to go into all sorts of things. MS doesn't mass manufacturer their own products likely so it's up to another manufacturer to do the upgrades. This is why prototypes that do crazy stuff can be developed but in the end they may take years before they ever make it to the consumers.
    Laura Knotek and techiez like this.
    10-09-2016 11:27 AM
    That would make 3 "superphones" in the market. I don't understand what people are expecting from the Surface Unicorn
    I think it's more about wanting a phone made by MS... 'a rose by any other name...'? :p
    10-09-2016 11:46 AM
    The reason there is a want for a phone made by MS is the same reason there is a want for a Google made Android... they are just better than 3rd party. Thats why Apple makes and controls all their platform. Under priced gas station phones do nothing but increase market share. Its overall quality that is needed. The X3 is an amazing phone, from what ive seen. BUT... the camera.... If it had a Zeiss lens and Lumia hardware running behind it, that phone would be THE Windows 10 phone. But its an overall average camera in a world where photos are more and more important. If MS waits til late 2017 to release a phone, so be it. Just get it right this time. Polish the OS. Kill the bugs. Add unique features. Storm the Enterprise market. General consumers need to get over it and move to another platform if they don't like that MS isn't bowing to them anymore. The platform isn't dead by any means, all indications truly point to only being geared toward Enterprise. I'm a grown-up that doesn't need to catch Pokemon. But I would love to have one device for all. That's the direction they are going. I want less clutter in my life. One OS for everything. Take your time MS...
    Last edited by Guytronic; 10-09-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    10-09-2016 01:27 PM
    The app gap thing is blown wayyy out of proportion.

It's great that you have all the apps you need here. It's not fair to assume that the apps that others need are just limited to Snapchat. That's also very dismissive.

There are many other apps that have been pulled that are useful and/or needed, such as Mint, for example.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-09-2016 03:30 PM
47 12