What exactly are these guys offering?

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Really like the looks of the X1 over the X6-A and X6-B. Thinner bezels on the top and bottom.

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant the X7. I see from comments below that you guys are thinking that's what it will be, which would be fantastic. Phone looks really good IMO.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If they come with coship HW it will be the x7-w. Seems the only SD600 series officially supported under W10M is the MSM8952 SD617. If they come with the x7-w or some other model it does not matter to me I will buy one either way. If they use the x7-w though I am thinking it should get stellar battery life considering 3900mAh and FHD should help for starters.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I mentioned above, but xda devs have enabled continuum on non-supported devices.

Go a link? I hate going to XDA to find anything lately. They have done some weird changes to kill navigation there. Takes me forever to find what I want.

If they come with coship HW it will be the x7-w.

I agree 110% - all signs point to X7 (AKA Moly PCphone, AKA Mouse Computer Madosma Q601, AKA Funker W6.0 Pro 2), but hopefully with some tasty custom firmware ladled in.

Really like the looks of the X1 over the X6-A and X6-B. Thinner bezels on the top and bottom.

That phone has been out. 200 clams. Dan and company seem to give it props. Results for 'moly x1' | Windows Central

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I agree 110% - all signs point to X7 (AKA Moly PCphone, AKA Mouse Computer Madosma Q601, AKA Funker W6.0 Pro 2), but hopefully with some tasty custom firmware ladled in.
My stance also. Greg and others must be getting a kick out of doing this, but Greg especially. A windows phone enthusiast/fan himself. Now he gets to try to build his own from the ground up. To me that is exciting.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ya. The one I came across way back when eludes me now but here is an oldie but goodie https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/continuum-unsupported-devices-t3496651

Also Nokia power user reported on it.

LOL, What a clump of sludge to sort through that conversation. Thanks though. I'll try and sort it out later. It's academic to me at this point. The 1520 is staying on 8.1 for camera duty and the only other worthy phone I have is the Idol 4S so it already has Continuum. Still, I like to try and keep up with stuff.

How's the show me state treating you?

Pretty good. How's by you? You're in the nutmeg state, right?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
No nutmeg here near Phoenix.
I use to visit the Bass Pro headquarters every so often. Only place I've lived that had all the seasons other than Nebraska.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
LOL, What a clump of sludge to sort through that conversation. Thanks though. I'll try and sort it out later. It's academic to me at this point. The 1520 is staying on 8.1 for camera duty and the only other worthy phone I have is the Idol 4S so it already has Continuum. Still, I like to try and keep up with stuff.

haha. Sorry, it was the only one I could find that summarized it and validated that it was discovered way back when it was first announced.

Right now I am continuum-less...Sold my Elite X3 almost a month ago. Just sold my 950 yesterday. I traded my S7 Edge for an iPhone 6s plus, that I was planning to cash in on as a sale too, but I might hold on to it until after MWC. Only currently have the at&t 830 but I use that strictly to keep up on the insider builds.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Also, and this will hit a thumbs up with a lot of folks depending on locale, is that the x7-w has nfc.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Whoops meant to say X7, not X1, though the X1 isn't bad either. Edited my earlier comment.

If the X7 is what is released, I will be ecstatic. I hope you guys are right. Also crossing my fingers that it will have CDMA support, otherwise my excitement will turn to sorrow.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so fussed on the hardware but what are they doing software wise to differentiate and "radically change the mobile computing industry?" I have no vision lol. Hope they give me one!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so fussed on the hardware but what are they doing software wise to differentiate and "radically change the mobile computing industry?" I have no vision lol. Hope they give me one!

That's pretty well been summed up as Continuum and doubling down on the idea of having one device that is adaptive to need and screen size.

Capture02.png

I should be getting my Screenbeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition later today and I'm really looking forward to playing with Continuum for the first time. The shame is it will probably have to wait till after work tonight.

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I should be getting my Screenbeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition later today and I'm really looking forward to playing with Continuum for the first time. The shame is it will probably have to wait till after work tonight.

Surprised you haven't it yet.

However, they needs more than that! Because people have already advertised continuum devices. Maybe some more natural input devices. Like if I'm using it on my TV, I don't want to have a table for mouse and keyboard....

But I find the handheld thumb keyboard with optical mouse touch sensor only ok and requires a decent amount of usage to get efficient with it

My favourite style for in front of TV usage is the Logitech Dinovo Edge keyboard, touch disc in the corner was brilliant. They needed a mini version which would be attractive to me.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I never tried my dusty Dinovo Edge keyboard, just plugged it into my continuum dock and it works!

Would be nice to have a better working scrolling performance, can't really configure scrolling speed though.

Keyboard is big but kinda necessary to make it very "lap-able"

I should try plugging in more often...

As per the device... worried that the snapdragon 617, can it provide a worthwhile continuum experience regarding speed? I noticed a big difference from my 950XL and X3.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Surprised you haven't it yet.

Well I've only just got my first Continuum supported device about two weeks ago. Idol 4S Windows. I passed on the 950/XL models every time they went on sale. I was trying to hold out for first a NuAns Neo and later a Cerulean... But dorelse offered a great deal on a 4S unlocked from T-Mo and I could not stand to pass it up.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I've only just got my first Continuum supported device about two weeks ago. Idol 4S Windows. I passed on the 950/XL models every time they went on sale. I was trying to hold out for first a NuAns Neo and later a Cerulean... But dorelse offered a great deal on a 4S unlocked from T-Mo and I could not stand to pass it up.

Looking forward to your thoughts! It should be a nice experience on the 4S. Only real problem is streamlined UWP apps not really in abundance so we have to use Edge more... but even that, people are designing better mobile web pages these days. Even Windows Central kinda given up on their app or something :). At least thus far, my hour playing again with continuum just now and using Windows central on continuum edge has been ok. Don't leave the keyboard button down! You'll never know how long a button or backspace key continues for lol (at least for my set up)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If the Alcatel W10M 4s performs like the Elite X3 did with Continuum then you will get a kick out of it. We all know what W10M feels like in our hand. Seeing it perform on a screen with your own keyboard is really fun. If the X3 was not such a large phone and could pack continuum like the idol 4s does I would have kept it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If the Alcatel W10M 4s performs like the Elite X3 did with Continuum then you will get a kick out of it. We all know what W10M feels like in our hand. Seeing it perform on a screen with your own keyboard is really fun. If the X3 was not such a large phone and could pack continuum like the idol 4s does I would have kept it.

How does the X3 not match the idol4s in terms of continuum?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
How does the X3 not match the idol4s in terms of continuum?

I don't know if it does, never used it. That's why I could only say from my experience with the x3. Both boast the same hw practically as far as CPU and ram. So one would think they'd perform equally. But CPU and ram doesn't mean that it will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel