Akyumen Holofone

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For the past few months, I've been periodically reading about the Akyumen Holofone - a 7" phablet running Android and Windows 10. Supposedly, this device is capable of being used as a phone. I've read that W10 does not have telephone capabilities, yet, somehow, this phablet does. There's not a lot of explaining on their website, other than a brief mention of 4G speeds, etc. So, I visited their Facebook page and asked them if the Holofone could indeed be used as a phone with texting and data capabilities on the AT&T network. They responded that it would, indeed.

So, my questions...

Has anyone out there preordered this device?
Can anyone give me an idea of how this device will most likely be used as a phone?
Should I put actual slices of orange in my Blue Moon this evening, or cheat, and pour a shot of OJ in the glass? :D

Thank you

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. That's what I was thinking, as well. I'm guessing that you will only get call and text notifications while using the Android side. In Windows, I guess you'll just miss all of that until you switch over.

And, yes. I cheated, and just used OJ. I felt like I was doing a disservice to the Blue Moon brand, until after the third or fourth one. :D

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. That's what I was thinking, as well. I'm guessing that you will only get call and text notifications while using the Android side. In Windows, I guess you'll just miss all of that until you switch over.

Phone Companion in W10 will keep all your notifications coming to the desktop while you are in Windows mode.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think about that. Thanks!
You've just pushed me a little closer to making the purchase. Ha ha
My wife thanks you, too. But, not really. I totally made that up. :D

ahsanmohd

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I put in a pre-order for holofone in September for Nov 5th availability. I got an email from Akyumen on Nov 5th that the phone is available. I logged in to check the status of my order and it is showing as "processing" since then. I check every day to see if it is shipped but until today (Nov 30th) it shows as processing.

It has been 25 days now... I don't know when they are going to ship my order.
I have sent multiple emails so far. They don't have a phone number listed. I am emailing them regularly on info@akyumen.com and using their contact portal thru their website. I have not received a single reply so far.

It is so sad to deal with a company like this.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to know whether it ever showed up or not? I can't find a single device out in the wild. No recent reviews, no facebook posts about it, nothing. Did you ever get yours?

If you are still waiting, you might want to contact them through facebook. I've spoken to them a couple of times there. They are pretty quick to respond there. Good luck.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. I was afraid something like that might happen. I'll send a message through Facebook for you and see if I get a response. Hope it works out for you. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got this message back from them through Facebook...

"We have been delayed by circumstances beyond our control. Safety concerns with the explosion of our competitor's lithium ion battery's.

This has caused our devices to also be certified. With all worldwide lithium ion battery's been tested, the certification is taking longer than originally expected.

Akyumen will refund your money, if you would like to cancel your order."

So, the batteries are the delay, it seems. Hope this helps.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just another heads up. I got a message from Akyumen last night informing me that the battery issues had been resolved. However, due to the Chinese New Year, there will be a delay in shipping until the first week of February. Lots of delays with this company. 😞

Paul Arnold2

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone actually got this phone. Sounds like a large back log. I ordered one and now I'm getting anxious wondering if I'll actually get it.
Thanks
Paul

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I preordered back in August, but cancelled after the third delay. Ha ha
I've kinda lost confidence in their abilities to get this phone released. Hoping for the best, though. My bigger concern is update capabilities. Are they gonna release this thing and then abandon it? I'm just waiting to see one in the wild, preferably a YouTube review. :D

Lectrosoul

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
You may have the best product in the world with all the high tech wizardry and bells and whistles, but all that means nothing if you have no one in your company that can accurately communicate with potential customers, by the time this device comes out (if at all) it will already be outdated, your only as strong as your weakest link. The akyumen devices seem like vaporware to me, not one in depth high quality video of the device in action, as i said on one of the akyumen youtube videos i smell something fishy, either that or they really need to hire a PR company.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how long it will take, but I can tell you that it took 7 or so days for me. Did you get an order cancellation email?

Last edited:

lovelee19

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
What's the best way to contact customer service at Akyumen so I can get my refund? I've been emailing and sending messages on their website contact page with no success for the past two weeks. I cancelled my pre-order#6745 about one month ago. I did not receive a cancellation email.

DI For

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Akyumen is getting somewhat better. They check their emails and facebook messages almost every like 5 hours, so now they respond to any questions you might have.

Also, the devices from the website are now "sold out" as they were a pre-order device, these were called version 1.

Soon akyumen will release a "version 2" which will then be available to the public & version 1 will no be able to be bought.

If you guys have any questions, private message me as I have been in contact with akyumen a lot for the past week.

ahsanmohd

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I canceled the order and got my refund within a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info posted by Scienceguy Labs who told me to contact them thru facebook and that helped.

I really wish this product would see the light of the day. It was announced more than 9 months ago. I don't know what happened afterwards. I couldn't wait any longer. Akyumen should have updated their website with the right updates, but they did not. I still don't know what is happening with the company and the product.

I really liked the concept of 7 inch full Windows phablet and am hoping someday such a product will be available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss