Surface Dial?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There's a Trademark Attorney named Brian Conroy. He discovered the trademark for Apple's AirPods and a couple other things. He's also recently found 'Surface Studio', which could be the new Surface PC. And he found a trademark for 'Surface Dial'.

Could the Surface Phone really be the Surface Dial? And could this be further confirmation of the plans for an upcoming Surface Phone?

Source: Surface Studio name emerges ahead of Microsoft?s PC event - The Verge

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Would Dial not make more sense for a smart watch?

Band 3 is rumored to be cancelled during development... Maybe the shape is dead and Surface Dial will have a more traditional watch shape?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I think thermostat with Cortana integration but smart watch kind of makes sense.

I know they are working on a smart ring to control different devices. At least from patents. May never make it to research for all we know.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Would Dial not make more sense for a smart watch?

Band 3 is rumored to be cancelled during development... Maybe the shape is dead and Surface Dial will have a more traditional watch shape?

Yeah, I thought about that too. I have some doubts.

1.) Daniel said that he's heard that Microsoft will stay in the wrist wearable market, but it'll be another OEM making the devices.

2.) Surface = Enterprise. I just don't see how a smartwatch fits into the enterprise space.

3.) What do you call a Surface device running Windows 10 Mobile? In my opinion 'Surface Mobile' sounds lame. 'Surface Phone' sounds outdated with the name of the operating system having "Mobile" in it. 'Surface Dial' sounds just about right. It's a Surface, with all of the premium design and enterprise focus of the rest of the Surface line, it just also has a dial pad.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thou I agree with you the name "phone" is kind of outdated on the Microsoft side, the name mobile would be confusing to consumers / professionals. Mobile could mean just a laptop. I think Phone is the proper name for any non-lumia type of device.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The best speculation I've heard so far is that the Dial is actually the Surface competitor to the Amazon Echo. Which could make some sense, I suppose.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre