06-05-2017 10:37 PM
202 1234 ...
tools
    Hey, as someone who worked in sales for Verizon and then store manager, I can tell you not all of them suck, haha. Although, starting next month I'll be a store manager for Best Buy Mobile instead, I will say I still prefer Verizon for phone sales than the other carriers, both as an employee and as a customer. You just have to realize that sales is sales, and all of the carriers have their motives. However, a lot of the crap I read on the Internet about what people THINK Verizon or any carrier is trying to push, is usually very wrong. But that's why you have me here to help you weed out the BS :)

Also, if a phone supports the Verizon network, you can take a number and a SIM that fits a Verizon phone, and put it into a non-Verizon phone and it will work without needing a workaround. The trick is that both the old and new phone must take the same kind of SIM, and obviously need the proper band. That way, the SIM will read properly, but also avoid Verizon's device change system, which looks for "accepted device IMEIs" that determine whether or not the system will follow through with the device change to a valid device.

Doesn't always work, but usually when it doesn't, it's because the phone doesn't support the band.
    01-26-2017 02:13 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to insinuate that all Verizon sales people are awful. Some of them have been quite helpful in the past. It's just that some of them have their own personal preconceived notions about what are and aren't good phones based on what's popular or what they own. If a customer comes in and wants something very specific, then as a sales person it's your job to assist that person in getting them what they want, not just walk off from them. If for whatever reason you have strong convictions in your beliefs about what is and isn't a good phone, find out more about the customer and their needs to help them determine if it's a good choice for them or if there might be something better. Don't just walk away because you don't like what they asked for or think they're an i.d.i.o.t. (***** is really filtered?) for not taking the popular choice. For me, I wanted a phone with an excellent camera, a couple social media apps, that could help me be productive in my personal and professional life, and had a stable OS on a solid platform. Based on the other technological devices I use, my experience with other OS's and devices, and the high quality of their cameras, Windows and Nokia did that better for me than Android or iOS did on any of their devices at the time. Now that Microsoft is putting a lot of their own apps on other devices, the productivity benefit is somewhat diminished from Windows. Technological advances mean that the platforms and OS's have gotten more stable and of course the hardware itself has improved over what I currently have. The "app gap" has never figured into my decision of which device to purchase. Which was actually one of the selling points a sales person tried to use to convince me to go for Android or iOS.

As I said in other posts I've made. If the Cerulean Windows Phone (or any other Windows phone in the next year) turns out to be something better than what I currently have, hardware-wise, and they can get the Verizon certification, I will consider it as a replacement. If not, then I will probably be going to Android as I prefer it over iOS and I already have some investment in that ecosystem.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-26-2017 08:41 AM
    They just recently updated their ceruleanmobile web page. Also another tweet was posted, minor, but that and the updated web page could mean the time is nearing...
    01-29-2017 11:19 PM
    What was the tweet? I went to both Cerulean Mobile and WhartonBrooks twitter and didn't see a new tweet. Cerulean tweeted on the 21st a picture of samples. But haven't seen anything since. Or was that the one you are referring to?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-30-2017 12:07 PM
    wooo.. "Be among the first to pre-order our smartphone" should I lol
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-30-2017 12:09 PM
    Do it.

Let us know all the gory details.
    01-30-2017 12:23 PM
    Was that the tweet? How much do they want for a preorder?
    01-30-2017 01:31 PM
    Was that the tweet? How much do they want for a preorder?
    I missed the tweet too. No $ specified on the pre-order... just a mailing list to collect names for who may be interested.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-30-2017 02:01 PM
    Be among the first to preorder is on http://ceruleanmobile.whartonbrooks.com/

Bottom of the landing page.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-30-2017 02:01 PM
    What was the tweet? I went to both Cerulean Mobile and WhartonBrooks twitter and didn't see a new tweet. Cerulean tweeted on the 21st a picture of samples. But haven't seen anything since. Or was that the one you are referring to?
    It was regarding a question. HERE
    01-30-2017 03:00 PM
    Be among the first to preorder is on Cerulean Mobile – Create, Have Fun, Be the World Adventurer

Bottom of the landing page.
    Thanks. I put my name in the hat. Might take a flier on these guys.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-31-2017 05:59 AM
    Anyone seen/heard any updates recently?
    02-07-2017 01:25 PM
    Not here on my end. Anyone else have any news they know of? I was about to ask Jason in the forums when his next article is due out...
    02-08-2017 01:26 AM
    Didn't they say they were going to announce something about a week or two ago after testing the device sent to them from China? I tried them on twitter but no reply.
    02-08-2017 01:36 AM
    No news is... good news?
    02-08-2017 09:50 AM
    Considering how close they were, or it seemed...I would hope the next news/announcement is much bigger. It would be neat to know what their step by step process actually is/was once they release pre-orders. We see somewhat bits and pieces of this. But no clear idea. If in a sense we are currently just on the hold for carrier Band confirmation, knowing the step after that would be good to have.
    Last edited by Nate W; 02-08-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    02-08-2017 11:46 AM
    I imagine after the prototype passes radio tests it needs to get certified with agencies in the target countries and then the first production run...
    Nate W and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-08-2017 03:14 PM
    Well if I receive an email notifying me of any pre-order info, I'll be sure to post it here.
    DustinRyan, RumoredNow and Nate W like this.
    02-08-2017 05:38 PM
    I really don't understand why there has been zero update on this device, I'm starting to think this company will never release a device. They excite potential customers with a bubble wrapped pic of the device, then nothing. Guess there testing didn't work out and they don't want to reveal that to us.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-17-2017 03:19 AM
    I really don't understand why there has been zero update on this device, I'm starting to think this company will never release a device. They excite potential customers with a bubble wrapped pic of the device, then nothing. Guess there testing didn't work out and they don't want to reveal that to us.
    Sounds like the case. The other tease was the pre-order signup
    02-17-2017 05:44 AM
    Even if they do come through, I can only wonder how long they will even last. This is basically a "fan phone" meaning they are probably not going to sell enough to be viable, especially considering the Alcatel Idol 4S has recently been discounted heavily.
    02-17-2017 12:38 PM
    Problem is the Alcatel Idol 4S is only available in the USA & Canada, so most of us don't have access to this device, me included. On the other hand this device was promised for launch in multiple countries, so it was of a lot of interest to people like me. We have zero premium W10M devices here in Australia available through a carrier. The Elite X3 is only available outright via HP and is extremely expensive.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    02-17-2017 04:23 PM
    We have zero premium W10M devices here in Australia available through a carrier.
    I feel your pain... Unfortunately Australia is not on the initial list.
    02-17-2017 07:16 PM
    It's actually hard to even own a W10M device now, they simply aren't available.
    02-17-2017 08:28 PM
    I am interested in this too. On their website, the page to join the mailing list for the upcoming phone goes to 'page not found'. That isn't good. I reached out to them on Facebook for more information. I am not sure if they will reply though.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-18-2017 09:41 AM
202 1234 ...