Cerulean Windows Phone - What's Happening?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Considering how close they were, or it seemed...I would hope the next news/announcement is much bigger. It would be neat to know what their step by step process actually is/was once they release pre-orders. We see somewhat bits and pieces of this. But no clear idea. If in a sense we are currently just on the hold for carrier Band confirmation, knowing the step after that would be good to have.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I imagine after the prototype passes radio tests it needs to get certified with agencies in the target countries and then the first production run...

SimonMelb

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I really don't understand why there has been zero update on this device, I'm starting to think this company will never release a device. They excite potential customers with a bubble wrapped pic of the device, then nothing. Guess there testing didn't work out and they don't want to reveal that to us.

Tim-ANC

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I really don't understand why there has been zero update on this device, I'm starting to think this company will never release a device. They excite potential customers with a bubble wrapped pic of the device, then nothing. Guess there testing didn't work out and they don't want to reveal that to us.

Sounds like the case. The other tease was the pre-order signup

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Even if they do come through, I can only wonder how long they will even last. This is basically a "fan phone" meaning they are probably not going to sell enough to be viable, especially considering the Alcatel Idol 4S has recently been discounted heavily.

SimonMelb

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Problem is the Alcatel Idol 4S is only available in the USA & Canada, so most of us don't have access to this device, me included. On the other hand this device was promised for launch in multiple countries, so it was of a lot of interest to people like me. We have zero premium W10M devices here in Australia available through a carrier. The Elite X3 is only available outright via HP and is extremely expensive.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am interested in this too. On their website, the page to join the mailing list for the upcoming phone goes to 'page not found'. That isn't good. I reached out to them on Facebook for more information. I am not sure if they will reply though.

Tim-ANC

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I am interested in this too. On their website, the page to join the mailing list for the upcoming phone goes to 'page not found'. That isn't good. I reached out to them on Facebook for more information. I am not sure if they will reply though.

No, not good

SimonMelb

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Ah screw it, I'm sick of waiting for this device so ordered a Idol 4S with Windows from the states and getting a shipping forwarder to send it on to Australia. Seriously so hard to even own a Windows 10 Mobile now.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ah screw it, I'm sick of waiting for this device so ordered a Idol 4S with Windows from the states and getting a shipping forwarder to send it on to Australia. Seriously so hard to even own a Windows 10 Mobile now.

That's actually good news. The fact that you're still excited about a platform and phone you're willing to go to extra lengths to continue using it. How long have you been waiting to upgrade?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Years ago I used to always have to import phones to Canada due to Canada getting shut out of a lot of different varieties. Like back in the candy bar times.

Kinda sucks now because before you see all the different designs and shapes whereas now they are all just flat glass slabs

SimonMelb

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
That's actually good news. The fact that you're still excited about a platform and phone you're willing to go to extra lengths to continue using it. How long have you been waiting to upgrade?

Since November when I cracked the screen on my 950XL, it still works, but I want something new, something more powerful. The 950XL was getting boring for me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since November when I cracked the screen on my 950XL, it still works, but I want something new, something more powerful. The 950XL was getting boring for me.

I would not count on the Cerulean being "more powerful" than a 950 XL.

Indications are it will be an SD 617 powered device. What I'm drooling over is the possibility of the Firmware they might bring.

#ColorMeCerulean

mistagreg

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the find... We recently updated CeruleanMobile.com and moved the sign-up to the front page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05