Cerulean Windows Phone - What's Happening?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The challenge is getting a phone into the hands of users. Once you accomplish that step 1, then we can see what WB/Cerulean is all about. I want to see what they plan next...

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
This one, for which they seem to have a dedicated ODM: Images of Cerulean Mobile's planned VR Headset - MS Mobile Show

IMHO, the writer incorrectly confuses this with needing a handset. To me it looks like an all-in-one: meaning everything is inside the headset already [screen(s) {possibly one per eye}/earmuff style audio/SoC/Camera/RAM/storage/etc.] and that accounts for the bulk.

View attachment 135741

If it's supposed to support mixed reality...it'll need like 8gb of RAM, and high end intel processor (I think it's i5 and above), some kind of access to internet (wifi?). Obviously that would need a battery too. I guess that might be possible in the size.

Although if you have essentially a whole computer handing off your head, your going to want a way to use it as a conventional computer too probably. There's no keyboard in VR land. And the stylus doesn't work their yet. I mean I guess it could be for games and content only.

UNLESS this is an ARM chip running win10 mobile. Which would have much more limited VR functionality.

I'm honestly a bit confused looking at that. There's no obvious sign of a port though, so whatever it is, it's designed to run on its own.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I hope WB/Cerulean keep forward with mobile. Yet I think they need to approach it in a way that they can reach as many Windows Mobile phone users as possible.

I do not know how exactly that would come about, but here is a thought I have.

There are not that many Windows phone users left and not many new ones coming on board as it was said in other posts. So they cannot aim for the percentage left in the market to pick up their new device. I am thinking blindly here, but they probably need to anticipate 1000 more or less people in the regions they are aiming, could support them if they try to release another (consumer focused) device at the right cost. Worse case scenario and that's just to start out. Once released. Where I think they should try to excel at is Software manageability, and firmware manageability for whatever device they have. Most mobile phones since 2015 can have almost every sensor, pixel, component, etc out there if needed. The OS and fw do not always have the components properly aligned with them or optimized. We see this all the time with other OEMs. Microsoft just now in 2017 has seemed to have leveled off their FW updates on the x50 line. If they get good supporting engineers on their side to help integrate the best Windows 10 mobile has to offer now, then that 'Moment' carrying said SoC 617 and 3GB of RAM could operate or seem like a 'mini 950 XL' out of the box.

I guess I am more just excited for Greg and his team to be able to do business in the mobile space. It hits home for me since I am much an enthusiast of, and striving with my own time investing in knowing Windows 10 mobile inside and out. I will keep supporting them as long as they are around :).

Turgut Seker

May 17, 2017
Visit site
the options in this part of the world even less, has deleted the windows phone devices outside of the market, but there's still hope, come on windows "next to the King, the Queen mentioned only blunder".

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The Cerulean mobile website has been down for quite a long time today. I sometimes go check it out to see if anything new has landed there. I think since before 8:30am ET. It states that it is undergoing routine maintenance...

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
For those of you interested, update below from MSPU..

"We reached out to WhartonBrooks and they*blamed technical issues due to an SSL certificate installation issue. *They did confirm plans for a “new custom high-spec device” but apparently are still trying to get Microsoft’s support for the venture"

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For those of you interested, update below from MSPU..

"We reached out to WhartonBrooks and they*blamed technical issues due to an SSL certificate installation issue. *They did confirm plans for a “new custom high-spec device” but apparently are still trying to get Microsoft’s support for the venture"

The MSPU article also mentioned "us", kinda...

"With the cooperation of a website which shall remain unnamed, the company managed to create an enormous amount of publicity well out of keeping with the reality of how difficult it is to bring a smartphone to the market, let alone one with a collapsing ecosystem."

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site

"With the cooperation of a website which shall remain unnamed, the company managed to create an enormous amount of publicity well out of keeping with the reality of how difficult it is to bring a smartphone to the market, let alone one with a collapsing ecosystem."

lol @ collapsing ecosystem. What a vast misunderstanding of the still nascent UWP and the also nascent hybrid OS windows 10. That's like saying ios collapsed when apple introduced it after osx with the iPhone 1.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I saw that :)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
lol @ collapsing ecosystem. What a vast misunderstanding of the still nascent UWP and the also nascent hybrid OS windows 10. That's like saying ios collapsed when apple introduced it after osx with the iPhone 1.

Ya but it hypes up readers and grabs attention...

mistagreg

May 25, 2012
Visit site
We applied a new firewall and a new SSL cert at the same time. It did not go well. The host provider and the firewall company are fixing it now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb