Could HTC release a windows phone for the vive?

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since i'm considering moving onto other phones from the windows system, I'm looking at htc's site. And i have to wonder,

why wouldn't HTC build a window's phone for their vive VR platform? If the 835 comes out, and then Microsoft supports x86 emulation, could HTC build a phone?

I don't think it makes much sense for them to build a phone to support Android daydream, since they've already built one of the best VR systems using PC components. This is purely wondering, but in some ways, it makes a lot more sense then trying to recreate their system for daydream. It would be interesting if someone could ask HTC if they have any plans on this...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, HTC isn't really in the best of shape and Microsoft isn't being the best of promoters/supporters frankly.
Combined I think a Windows Phone would appear as a poor investment of limited resources.

Also, the 835 will come out and Microsoft is working on x86 compatibility, but Windows 10 in itself is still unsuitable for a phone. We're gonna see tablets and laptops first with that hardware. Phones? Well...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It would be nice. I like HTC, but only as a windows device. I cannot really dig on their android hardware. It makes sense why they have laid low since after the M8 with Windows. Seeing the twists and turns happen. After the pixel hw, if they take anything away from that good or bad, it might be possible that we see another device. I have a feeling they will, but I think I only feel that way because I want it to happen myself...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea